Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we'll pick a WR I think we're going after Jarrett (Parcells big type of receiver), Samardzjia (Parcells connection with Weis) or Bowe/Davis (Parcells seems to draft every year an LSU prospect).. I would really like Bowe, with some talent at WR we can hope he can slip to #54 pick..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I'm a fan of Bowe, but I don't think he'll be there at 54. Davis will, but a I think if we want Bowe, we'll have to trade up.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• anybody else see the quotes by zimmer?

we couldn't cover anybody for four weeks," Zimmer added. "Teams were spreading it out on us, and we were attempting to stay in base coverage."

Why? After a long pause, Zimmer said, "[b]I don't have an answer for that[

Asked what he would have changed, scheme-wise, for next season -- Big Bill permitting, of course -- Zimmer said, "create more problems for the offense and get more DBs in there for coverage."

sounds like maybe zimmer was handcuffed in alot of areas.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
          anybody else see the quotes by zimmer?

we couldn't cover anybody for four weeks," Zimmer added. "Teams were spreading it out on us, and we were attempting to stay in base coverage."

Asked what he would have changed, scheme-wise, for next season -- Big Bill permitting, of course -- Zimmer said, "create more problems for the offense and get more DBs in there for coverage."

Sounds like excuses.

What scares me about the comment is it funny how fans want to believe Parcells is a football idiot and some how his assistants are brilliant.

What I saw as well as other teams was a SS who can't cover and an ILB who forgot (James) how to cover.

However, if "get more DB in there" means bench Bradie and Roy. Sure, great idea. Should have been implemented in traing camp, not in week 12.

BTW, anyone see the pitch called by Peyton to Bush that resulted in a fumble last night which almost cost New Orleans the game if not for the resulting false start penalty called later on versus the Eagles? That was Joe Pisarcik territory but REFs had a big hand in covering it up.

But hey, Romo catches the snap and we talking a whole new ball game. Glenn does not fumble and we are playing today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336
            Originally posted by cowboysforever
            Smardjia or Gonzalez?
            is shark boy even coming out or is he going to play baseball?
            Dunno but I would love to get one of those 6'5++ receivers to improve our red zone Offense and give us a shot at jump balls.

Smadzjia in the late second would be a steal and I hate ND players.

Comment

• "Cowboys cornerback Anthony Henry could get a look at free safety next season, team owner Jerry Jones said on Friday. The Cowboys have struggled to find consistency there since Darren Woodson's retirement"

Henry played FS his first 3 years of college

If we do, we NEED to either pick up someone like Samuel of draft a CB first day. I feel like that should be in a lot of mocks but isn't.

Thanks Tobzilla

Comment

• [quote="cowboysforever"]
                Originally posted by pocketaces

Sounds like excuses.

What scares me about the comment is it funny how fans want to believe Parcells is a football idiot and some how his assistants are brilliant.

What I saw as well as other teams was a SS who can't cover and an ILB who forgot (James) how to cover.

However, if "get more DB in there" means bench Bradie and Roy. Sure, great idea. Should have been implemented in traing camp, not in week 12.

BTW, anyone see the pitch called by Peyton to Bush that resulted in a fumble last night which almost cost New Orleans the game if not for the resulting false start penalty called later on versus the Eagles? That was Joe Pisarcik territory but REFs had a big hand in covering it up.

But hey, Romo catches the snap and we talking a whole new ball game. Glenn does not fumble and we are playing today.[/quot

well i dont think parcells is a football idiot, but you have to question why we are in a base defense against 4 or 5 wr sets. also why we are not using 4 or 5 wide sets against seattle? they were banged up and picking up players off the street. we have great receivers and te but we stay in a base offense most of the game. to me we should have opened it up more. we did only score one td against a mediocre defense. to me we didnt use our mismatches the way n.o. used their mismatches against us. that screams coaching.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• This is insane.

I agree on the fact that We are overreacting on our FS situation.
                  People are forgetting We signed Parrish; that guy is a beast and a hardworker. We have Watkins who was actually getting along towards the end of the season. Drafting a rookie would mean starting over.

Comment

• hahaha aikman just said dallas had chances against this seattle secondary but never went after them.

Comment

• What happens if Parcells retires.

Where do we go?
                      Do we stay in the 3-4 base?

Comment

• Originally posted by DaRkNiGht08
                        What happens if Parcells retires.

Where do we go?
                        Do we stay in the 3-4 base?
                        yeah we are staying 3-4. i think parcells comes back for another year but if he does leave wade phillips and norv turners names have been mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaRkNiGht08
                          This is insane.

I agree on the fact that We are overreacting on our FS situation.
                          People are forgetting We signed Parrish; that guy is a beast and a hardworker. We have Watkins who was actually getting along towards the end of the season. Drafting a rookie would mean starting over.
                          Well, I guess you're right. Parrish (who's 30) was so awesome last year. He did so well that he lost his job and then got cut from a mediocre team. What a stud...

Though I do agree that drafting a new one is not the answer.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• wow another comment on how seattle was shocked we didnt try to go upfield more. how we played close to the vest. just amazing. we should be in chicago right now. seattles d.b.s look terrible.

Comment

• cowboysforever found this info on roys contract and why he will not get traded.

Quick salary cap tutorial: For cap purposes, signing bonuses are pro-rated over the life of a contract, even though they are actually paid all in one year. This year Roy signed a 5-year deal worth $25.2 million with an $11.1 million signing bonus. So, pro-rating that out, Roy's signing bonus gives a cap hit of $2.22 million a year ($11.1M divided by 5). According to the NFLPA website, Roy's base salary this year was $585K, which means that although he was actually paid $11,685,000 this season, for the purposes of the salary cap he only counted $2,805,000 (base salary of $585,000 + $2.22M pro-rated portion of signing bonus).

Sounds great, right? Pay the player now, but don't use all your cap space. That's how the 'Skins sign those big FA deals every year. But the kicker is that as soon as the player in question is no longer on the team (whether it be due to being released, traded, retirement, whatever), the rest of the pro-rated portion of the bonus is accelerated into the current year for salary cap purposes.

So, again applying the real world numbers as they relate to RW: were he to be released or traded this off-season, the remainder ($8.88M) of his pro-rated signing bonus would count against our cap this year. That's why you never see big name trades in the NFL - if they've gotten paid, they're not getting traded, because no team is going to be willing to take the cap hit.

so knowing this i hope you stop the lets trade roy rants because as you can see it will never happen. was it a mistake to resign him? maybe but its done so lets move on.

Comment

• [quote="pocketaces"]
                                Originally posted by cowboysforever
                                Originally posted by pocketaces

Sounds like excuses.

But hey, Romo catches the snap and we talking a whole new ball game. Glenn does not fumble and we are playing today.[/quot

well i dont think parcells is a football idiot, but you have to question why we are in a base defense against 4 or 5 wr sets. also why we are not using 4 or 5 wide sets against seattle? they were banged up and picking up players off the street. we have great receivers and te but we stay in a base offense most of the game. to me we should have opened it up more. we did only score one td against a mediocre defense. to me we didnt use our mismatches the way n.o. used their mismatches against us. that screams coaching.
                                I watched the games and I can not remember being in base D when teams went 4 wide. 3 wide yes. I can remember.

As I said, 40% of our TDs via air to TE and FBs. 20% rest of league. The FB TD where all (ALL) to the left side.

I think that stat is going un appreciated by the football folks here.

This is a problem directly related to the Roy Williams and Bradie James.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information