X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pocketaces
    Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Originally posted by pocketaces
    if we were in a court of law with the "facts" presented by of us this case would be dismissed for lack of evidence on your part. just admit i own you and ill leave you alone.
    Poet3334, is this what you mean about juvenile? Is that the new word in the 18-25 Demographic -- "I own you." We used to say "I schooled you." I think it more erudite and pleasant.
    awww im sorry i hurt your feelings. i know after getting shut down like you did you must be ultra sensitive right now. my bad. so i schooled you then.
    ROTFLMAO. What an infantile, intellectual lightweight. Go away flea brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
      if we were in a court of law with the "facts" presented by of us this case would be dismissed for lack of evidence on your part. just admit i own you and ill leave you alone.
      Poet3334, is this what you mean about juvenile? Is that the new word in the 18-25 Demographic -- "I own you." We used to say "I schooled you." I think it more erudite and pleasant.
      awww im sorry i hurt your feelings. i know after getting shut down like you did you must be ultra sensitive right now. my bad. so i schooled you then.
      ROTFLMAO. What an infantile, intellectual lightweight. Go away flea brain.
      ouch that hurt sob :( :(

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• A few more on the BP hiring and how it went down....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasqu...n/1485334.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0102/1486315.html

I particularly liked this BP Quote "I understand firstly that I'm an employee of the Dallas Cowboys and we have an order in place,'' Parcells said. "I do know that if it were ever to come down to where there were disagreements, which I don't think there will be, that the ownership will prevail in that regard.''

I agree that BP has done an OK job coaching but good job on player personnel matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by $KidCowboy$
          Yo, all three of you are awesome.
          SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT
          Come on guys. Nice digression with the draft talk Kid. I'm thinking Rush end/backer, corner, and guard in no particular order in the first 3 rounds. The only deviation being picking up a guard in free agency. If that's the case, I think we'll go wide receiver.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
          Albert Camus

Comment

Cowboysforever, I never thought I would ever see someone use the word "erudite" on a message board. That is awesome :)

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
            Albert Camus

Comment

A few more on the BP hiring and how it went down....

I particularly liked this BP Quote "I understand firstly that I'm an employee of the Dallas Cowboys and we have an order in place,'' Parcells said. "I do know that if it were ever to come down to where there were disagreements, which I don't think there will be, that the ownership will prevail in that regard.''

I agree that BP has done an OK job coaching but good job on player personnel matters.
              good read. this was my favorite quote

Jerry Jones, of course, will retain his title as general manager but Parcells will be able to shape his roster and will have significant input in draft decisions.

"Jerry isn't going to force any player onto Bill," said a source close to the negotiations, "and he's smart enough to know Bill wouldn't let him anyway."

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
                Originally posted by $KidCowboy$
                SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT
                Come on guys. Nice digression with the draft talk Kid. I'm thinking Rush end/backer, corner, and guard in no particular order in the first 3 rounds. The only deviation being picking up a guard in free agency. If that's the case, I think we'll go wide receiver.
                Someone presented what I felt was an interesting idea of trading up for Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. I love that idea if moving up. Another idea if moving up is Alan Branch if he falls to 8/9/10.

Not sure we have much to get there but if discussing maybes .....

Agree with others FS or SS is not something for 1st or 2nd this year.

Comment

Jerry Jones, of course, will retain his title as general manager but Parcells will be able to shape his roster and will have significant input in draft decisions.

"Jerry isn't going to force any player onto Bill," said a source close to the negotiations, "and he's smart enough to know Bill wouldn't let him anyway."
                  Again, I use your dimness against you. So explain TO?

To me that quote is pure BS and proven so. You just are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

As I said you pull random data points to support your point but they lack analysis to support a conclusion.

And funny enuff, TO happened AFTER BP got more control. Imagine in 2003 and 2004?

Comment

To me that quote is pure BS and proven so. You just are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

As I said you pull random data points to support your point but they lack analysis to support a conclusion.
                    it was your article twit. explain t.o.? jerry wanted him and bill said yes. simple as that. i dont know why its so hard for you to admit that bill has not done his job here. look at his record. look at his playoff record. pull down your parcells poster and just look at the facts no matter how much it hurts.

as for the trade up idea, ty.

Comment

Originally posted by Poet3334
                      SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT
                      Someone presented what I felt was an interesting idea of trading up for Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. I love that idea if moving up. Another idea if moving up is Alan Branch if he falls to 8/9/10.

I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.

Albert Camus

Comment

it was your article twit. explain t.o.? jerry wanted him and bill said yes. simple as that. i dont know why its so hard for you to admit that bill has not done his job here. look at his record. look at his playoff record. pull down your parcells poster and just look at the facts no matter how much it hurts.

as for the trade up idea, ty.
                        Yeah, you used one of the articles to try and make an incorrect point about Bill Parcells control of player personnel decisions.

You used a quote incorrectly and it was immediately proven to be an incorrect quote by an anonymous source.

Jerry has final say. Just like George Steinbrenner. How much influence Stenibrenner or Jerry allows other to have depends on his moods.

2005 and 2006 drafts scream Parcells. 2003 and 2004 scream Jerra.

2003 and 2004 Player Personnel Dept screams Jerra. 2005 and 2006 screams Parcells.

How much BP could do in 2003 and 2004 is subject to debate but the RESULTS of those drafts are BP did not get one "BP type guy" in the early rounds and he got no Defensive Players for his precious 3-4.

So while BP has done a medicore XOXO job with this team.... the transformation of this franchise and roster is only 2-3 years in. Not 4 as the BP haters say.

Cheers kiddo.

Comment

• [quote="Poet3334"]
                          SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.[/quote

everything im seeing has adrian going 3rd to clevland or 8th to houston. i proposed trading our 1st and 3rd along with j.j. to houston for the 8th pick. thats if clevland passes on him at 3. dont know if that would be enough or not but would love to get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
                            SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.
                            You know what drives me nuts about this draft .... between 15 - 25 there is little to no difference in talent.

So unless you move up big time you might as well move down ..... UNFORTUNATELY every team knows this.

If, god willing, you find a team with an early 2nd and 3rd Rounder that is willing to get rid of it for a specific players in that 15-25 slot then you make the trade it seems.

Look at Denver last year to get Cutler. Gave up a bit to get into the top 15 (11?).

Lynch does not get past Greenbay

Comment

• [quote="pocketaces"]
                              SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.[/quote

everything im seeing has adrian going 3rd to clevland or 8th to houston. i proposed trading our 1st and 3rd along with j.j. to houston for the 8th pick. thats if clevland passes on him at 3. dont know if that would be enough or not but would love to get him.
                              Can you imagine Houston giving away another franchise Running Back? But Branch or AP is sweat.

I think Lynch can be better and save yoursleves about 6 slots, plus Lynch can catch the ball. AP has that short coming if you ask me.

Here is the good news. Last year DeAngelo Williams was considered top 10 talent but slipped so maybe we can get lucky and pick up a top 10 talent like Lynch.

Comment

• [quote="pocketaces"]
                                SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

The more I think about it, the more I'd like a stud back Peterson. I'd also love a hellified pass rusher like Woodley too.

Albert Camus

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information