Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Fisher isnt cowboy material... I dont see how we could get a coach like that. Dick Lebeau would be a nice addition in terms with what he could do with the defense, but who knows if he could be a HC...

In a perfect world, we could have parcells as HC and lebeau as DC

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336
      Jeff Fisher isnt cowboy material... I dont see how we could get a coach like that. Dick Lebeau would be a nice addition in terms with what he could do with the defense, but who knows if he could be a HC...

In a perfect world, we could have parcells as HC and lebeau as DC
      Well we do know that he couldn't do it in Cinny....IDK if I really would expect great things out of him. Personally I love D's idea of singletary...but I have a feeling its not gonna happen.

If we went offensive HC my guy would probabally be solari. :|

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
        Mort knows his stuff D-Unit. If Parcells is gone, Fischer will be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys mark my words. Now if Parcells does return then nothing else matters.
        Just like Mort was right last year when he said BP was going to quit after the '05 season!

Comment

• Mort was also one of the geniuses at ESPN promoting the TO suicide story as if it were fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
            Mort was also one of the geniuses at ESPN promoting the TO suicide story as if it were fact.

Good one.

Comment

• Question. I noticed during the Cardinals game that the Cowboys came out in their nickel package alot more often than in weeks past, mainly because the Cards use a 3 WR set. It was used almost as much as their 3-4 base.

Do you think they'll use the nickel package as their base against the Colts since Indy is almost exclusively a 3 WR base? I think that would be dumb, you want to confuse the protection with the 3-4 mask, using that basic nickel against Indy is suicide. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                Question. I noticed during the Cardinals game that the Cowboys came out in their nickel package alot more often than in weeks past, mainly because the Cards use a 3 WR set. It was used almost as much as their 3-4 base.

Do you think they'll use the nickel package as their base against the Colts since Indy is almost exclusively a 3 WR base? I think that would be dumb, you want to confuse the protection with the 3-4 mask, using that basic nickel against Indy is suicide. Any thoughts?
                I didn't see the game, but the Cowboys used 2 different nickel looks against the Cardinals. One was more for the run and one was more for the pass.

I'm sure the Cowboys will use the 3-4 quite a bit, but it's hard not to play a lot of nickel because of having either a LB or safety covering the 3rd WR.

I would say that we'll probably use the 3-4 more in this game than against the Cardinals because Ellis is gone and whoever replaces him should be better in coverage. Another reason would be to keep Newman on the outside against Harrison instead of moving him onto Stokely or Clark in the slot in our nickel package.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Question. I noticed during the Cardinals game that the Cowboys came out in their nickel package alot more often than in weeks past, mainly because the Cards use a 3 WR set. It was used almost as much as their 3-4 base.

The cowboys are looking to use their penny defense where they stay in the base 3-4 but play only one saftey (Roy Williams) and bring in the nickel corner (Aaron Glenn).

Comment

• Originally posted by youngbuck
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense

The cowboys are looking to use their penny defense where they stay in the base 3-4 but play only one saftey (Roy Williams) and bring in the nickel corner (Aaron Glenn).
                    I guess that means Roy will be used as a FS in this game? Thats risky. They have the CBs to do it, but I don't know if you wanna run 1 S against Peyton. I like the nickel 335 package, but I never seen Dallas run it yet. The penny is a hit or miss philosophy, it will be interesting to see if it works.

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense

I guess that means Roy will be used as a FS in this game? Thats risky. They have the CBs to do it, but I don't know if you wanna run 1 S against Peyton. I like the nickel 335 package, but I never seen Dallas run it yet. The penny is a hit or miss philosophy, it will be interesting to see if it works.
                      They've used this earlier in the season, I think it was against the Jaguars. It's not like they'll be using it the whole game either. Having 3 different nickel style defenses to throw at a team keeps you pretty flexible in what you can do.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

• I disagree with the statement that a basic nickle package against the colts would be suicide. They play in a basic offense and the bills used a basic nickle package through most of the game if i remember correctly and that worked wonders. People should take into consideration that the bills start 2 rookie safeties as well. The only problem wiwth the bills was that they didnt have an offense. If we could mirror their defense and keep our offense rolling like it has, we should have a good shot.

Comment

• Jerry Jones remarked on the radio this week that the defense we showed against Arizona was about as plain Jane as you are going to see. We mainly played coverage because we knew there was no way we were going to get beat except for by giving up multiple big plays. Therefore, if you are going to do that, you just matchup as best you can and let your far superior talent take it's toll. That's basically what we did. I expect us to play much less nickel this week.

Also, Stokely has been out, and if he doesn't play then the Colts won't play hardly any 3 WR. They have been flexing Clark out into the slot a bit, but that isn't nearly as big as mismatch against our 3-4 as having Stokely in that spot would be. I dont' expect us to use much of the penny alignment this week. If we do, we're crazy. Peyton will eat that for lunch.

Also, Thule, the game you are thinking about was the first Washington game. DeMarcus followed Cooley across the field to simulate man coverage, and then swooped in right at the snap. Unfortunately, it was not a sack, although it was very close. Brunell dumped it off for an incomplete pass. Iirc, I thought at the time that it should have been intentional grounding, but I will have to go back and look again.
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Just found out that the game is on cable TV here!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                              Just found out that the game is on cable TV here!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Yeah it's on cbs at 4:05 here I believe. I havent missed a cowboys game all year, last season I missed I believe two because, I live in jersey.

We play the lions on my B-day and I bet that will be the only game not televised.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• I've got Sunday Ticket. 8)

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information