• [quote="Poet3334"]
    Originally posted by pocketaces
    Originally posted by Poet3334
    Originally posted by cowboysforever
    Originally posted by $KidCowboy$
    Yo, all three of you are awesome.
    SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT
    Come on guys. Nice digression with the draft talk Kid. I'm thinking Rush end/backer, corner, and guard in no particular order in the first 3 rounds. The only deviation being picking up a guard in free agency. If that's the case, I think we'll go wide receiver.
    Someone presented what I felt was an interesting idea of trading up for Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. I love that idea if moving up. Another idea if moving up is Alan Branch if he falls to 8/9/10.

Not sure we have much to get there but if discussing maybes .....

Agree with others FS or SS is not something for 1st or 2nd this year.
    I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.[/quote

everything im seeing has adrian going 3rd to clevland or 8th to houston. i proposed trading our 1st and 3rd along with j.j. to houston for the 8th pick. thats if clevland passes on him at 3. dont know if that would be enough or not but would love to get him.
    The more I think about it, the more I'd like a stud back Peterson. I'd also love a hellified pass rusher like Woodley too.
    Unless Woodley runs a 4.5 he is going in the second. BUT BUT this is the reason why trading a 1 for an early 2/3 with a team like Cleveland or Houston makes sens to me.

Two 2 and two 3s. We can pick up an edge rusher (woodley or Moss), a talented guard (Grubbs or Ramirez), a talented WR (Smardjia or Gonzalez) and a talented CB/S (Piscatelli or J Wilson or T Brown).

Not starters but guys who can develop and help in case in injruy of in nickel, etc.

Comment

• [quote="cowboysforever"]
      SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT
      Come on guys. Nice digression with the draft talk Kid. I'm thinking Rush end/backer, corner, and guard in no particular order in the first 3 rounds. The only deviation being picking up a guard in free agency. If that's the case, I think we'll go wide receiver.
      Someone presented what I felt was an interesting idea of trading up for Marshawn Lynch or Adrian Peterson. I love that idea if moving up. Another idea if moving up is Alan Branch if he falls to 8/9/10.

I would love to have Alan Branch here. Talk about pushing the pocket! I wouldn't be opposed to a back like Lynch. I think he's lasting longer than Peterson if and when he finally declares. I agree with you on the ammo to get them. We may not have it.[/quote

everything im seeing has adrian going 3rd to clevland or 8th to houston. i proposed trading our 1st and 3rd along with j.j. to houston for the 8th pick. thats if clevland passes on him at 3. dont know if that would be enough or not but would love to get him.
      The more I think about it, the more I'd like a stud back Peterson. I'd also love a hellified pass rusher like Woodley too.
      Unless Woodley runs a 4.5 he is going in the second. BUT BUT this is the reason why trading a 1 for an early 2/3 with a team like Cleveland or Houston makes sens to me.

Two 2 and two 3s.
      I can see that happening. Anyone know what Woodley does run?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
      Albert Camus

Comment

• [quote="Poet3334"]
        SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

Two 2 and two 3s.
        I can see that happening. Anyone know what Woodley does run?
        Out of High School they say he ran between 4.62 and 4.67. He reminds me of a shorter, more powerful Terrell Suggs.

Issue with Woodley is failed as a 4-3 OLB and was moved to DE so lots of questions over his speed and ability to play in space.

But rushing? Yeah, he knows how to do that.

Comment

SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

Can you imagine Houston giving away another franchise Running Back? But Branch or AP is sweat.

I think Lynch can be better and save yoursleves about 6 slots, plus Lynch can catch the ball. AP has that short coming if you ask me.

Here is the good news. Last year DeAngelo Williams was considered top 10 talent but slipped so maybe we can get lucky and pick up a top 10 talent like Lynch.
          we would need to trade up as soon as clevland picks to not let houston get to tempted. a.d. can catch he just wasnt used very often. he worked hard on it through the off season. i dont know alot about lynch but a back like adrian doest come around very offten. hes the total package imo.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• [quote="pocketaces"]
            SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

Can you imagine Houston giving away another franchise Running Back? But Branch or AP is sweat.

I think Lynch can be better and save yoursleves about 6 slots, plus Lynch can catch the ball. AP has that short coming if you ask me.

Here is the good news. Last year DeAngelo Williams was considered top 10 talent but slipped so maybe we can get lucky and pick up a top 10 talent like Lynch.
            we would need to trade up as soon as clevland picks to not let houston get to tempted. a.d. can catch he just wasnt used very often. he worked hard on it through the off season. i dont know alot about lynch but a back like adrian doest come around very offten. hes the total package imo.
            Only perceived factual negative to AP is the injury thing. But he is a stud that would look great in the Cowboy uniform.

Comment

• I havent really followed this thread and dont feel like reading through 50 pages. Im guessing alot of draft talk going on here. What do you guys think about drafting 2 DB's, one a CB on day one and the other a FS/CB one that can play either position, on day two?

That would make the most sense to me.
              Whats up buttercup!

Comment

SO HOW ABOUT THE DRAFT

Only perceived factual negative to AP is the injury thing. But he is a stud that would look great in the Cowboy uniform.
                Totally agree

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                Albert Camus

Comment

• If there are two VERY VERY lucky coaches in this year's playoffs mark down Belichick and Peyton.

Both guys should have lost and both guys got HUGE breaks at the end of the game.

Peyton moreso than Belichick but not by much.

God, it really helps when you get some breaks in the playoffs.

Comment

• Why are we talking about drafting Peterson or Lynch? Its not going to happen because

1. We have Parcells who isnt known to be aggressive
                    2. They are going top 10
                    3. We have two capable backs

Comment

• Chargers seem to have the shoot yourself in the foot problem as the Giants did. Surprisingly bad discipline.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaRkNiGht08
                        Why are we talking about drafting Peterson or Lynch? Its not going to happen because

2. They are going top 10
                        One opinion of many.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaRkNiGht08
                          Why are we talking about drafting Peterson or Lynch? Its not going to happen because

2. They are going top 10
                          we were talking about trading up and getting a stud back and making jj part of the trade. lynch wont go top 10 imo

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                            Chargers seem to have the shoot yourself in the foot problem as the Giants did. Surprisingly bad discipline.
                            Don't have to read about Tomlinson and Merriman any more. So, some good news.

Go Indy and Chicago. Go Indy.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
                              Originally posted by DaRkNiGht08

2. They are going top 10
                              we were talking about trading up and getting a stud back and making jj part of the trade. lynch wont go top 10 imo
                              Lynch is a 10-15 guy.

Comment

• Our team will stay like this untill Parcells leaves. He is too soft, conservative and old school. The game has evolved. Parcells goes for players with respect and good family history iinstead of players with speed, swagger and hunger. Parcells was given soo much talent, but the still he wasnt able totake them to beyond first round. He gives them the show me speech? wWTF is that I want my coach to get up and ******* give me a god**** speech instead of saying okay guys quit talking and start showing.. I hope retires. Zimmer is already gone, so thats a step forward. With Parcells here, We will never draft Peterson or even Lynch.

sorrykthxbye

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information