Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Blalock has to be the guy we go after...unless we decide that free safety truly is a need. So, I suggest that we have a nice, logical debate about whether or not we need to either draft a free safety in the first round or pick one up in free agency.

    Here's my take:
    -We have a guy in Patrick Watkins who played very well this year at times, but was very inconsistent. I still think he has starting potential.

    -On the other hand, Mick suggests that Roy needs to be teamed with an all-pro safety or someone who will make him work harder: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

    -Should we try to adapt our schemes more to fit guys like Roy, especially on passing downs?

    -Would it hurt to have the extra safety depth by spending a first day pick on a safety?

    What do you think?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JJJ888
      I think Blalock has to be the guy we go after...unless we decide that free safety truly is a need. So, I suggest that we have a nice, logical debate about whether or not we need to either draft a free safety in the first round or pick one up in free agency.

      Here's my take:
      -We have a guy in Patrick Watkins who played very well this year at times, but was very inconsistent. I still think he has starting potential.

      -On the other hand, Mick suggests that Roy needs to be teamed with an all-pro safety or someone who will make him work harder: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

      -Should we try to adapt our schemes more to fit guys like Roy, especially on passing downs?

      -Would it hurt to have the extra safety depth by spending a first day pick on a safety?

      What do you think?
      I want Dick LeBeau! I doubt he's staying in Pittsburgh after their whole coaching staff has disappeared.

      Comment


      • We could've beaten Chicago today... Ugh...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JJJ888
          I think Blalock has to be the guy we go after...unless we decide that free safety truly is a need. So, I suggest that we have a nice, logical debate about whether or not we need to either draft a free safety in the first round or pick one up in free agency.

          Here's my take:
          -We have a guy in Patrick Watkins who played very well this year at times, but was very inconsistent. I still think he has starting potential.

          -On the other hand, Mick suggests that Roy needs to be teamed with an all-pro safety or someone who will make him work harder: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

          -Should we try to adapt our schemes more to fit guys like Roy, especially on passing downs?

          -Would it hurt to have the extra safety depth by spending a first day pick on a safety?

          What do you think?
          I'm in favor of signing a free agent safety and drafting a conerback. I don't know what will come of the move with Henry. Now it's all speculation. I see nothing wrong with going with a solid vet and Watkins. Play Roy closer to the line.


          "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
          Albert Camus

          Comment


          • I like the Henry move. He's a very active defensive player with his hands who really doesn't have the speed to stay with #1 guys. Plus, he's 6'2" and that should help in preventing the jump ball plays that have beaten us lately.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Gribble
              Originally posted by JJJ888
              I think Blalock has to be the guy we go after...unless we decide that free safety truly is a need. So, I suggest that we have a nice, logical debate about whether or not we need to either draft a free safety in the first round or pick one up in free agency.

              Here's my take:
              -We have a guy in Patrick Watkins who played very well this year at times, but was very inconsistent. I still think he has starting potential.

              -On the other hand, Mick suggests that Roy needs to be teamed with an all-pro safety or someone who will make him work harder: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

              -Should we try to adapt our schemes more to fit guys like Roy, especially on passing downs?

              -Would it hurt to have the extra safety depth by spending a first day pick on a safety?

              What do you think?
              I want Dick LeBeau! I doubt he's staying in Pittsburgh after their whole coaching staff has disappeared.
              That would be nice. If the Steelers hire Grimm, then chances are he would stay on . If not, then all bets are off.


              "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
              Albert Camus

              Comment


              • Like to point out that two (2) of BP's New England draft picks basically won the game for their teams this weekend. Troy Brown with the strip after the INT and Vinatieri with 5 FGs.

                If passion and excitement win games someone has to explain Baltimore and San Diego losing at home to two boring teams in the Colts and New England.

                What I learned today -- all the hyper ventilating on the sideline and all the talent don't mean much if you don't execute when it matters.

                Go Indy.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gribble
                  We could've beaten Chicago today... Ugh...
                  If Glenn and Romo don't fumble.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Pokeys
                    Well get over it! Parcells will NOT draft either one of them...
                    I see. Great line of reasoning.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JJJ888
                      On the other hand, Mick suggests that Roy needs to be teamed with an all-pro safety or someone who will make him work harder: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1 What do you think?
                      To borrow a Kim Etheridge Quote "Roy has 25MM reasons" to work harder.

                      The fact he is perceived by anyone as anything other than hard working is putrid.

                      But it does explain his play.

                      Comment


                      • http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

                        God bless Mickey Spagnola for writing the truth about Roy Williams and why he sucks.

                        God bless you Mickey. I hope all the Roy lovers read it.

                        Roy is a failure so far and Spagnola nails it right on the head.

                        Emperor has no clothes..... hey ya think Mickey is reading this blog and picking up on my posts????

                        LOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLLOLOOOOLOLOLOLLL>>>>>>

                        Only the truth will improve this team. All the BS helps no one -- especially the fans.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cowboysforever
                          http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?editorialAuthor=1

                          God bless Mickey Spagnola for writing the truth about Roy Williams and why he sucks.

                          God bless you Mickey. I hope all the Roy lovers read it.

                          Roy is a failure so far and Spagnola nails it right on the head.

                          Emperor has no clothes..... hey ya think Mickey is reading this blog and picking up on my posts????

                          LOLOLOLOLOLLLOLOLOLLOLOOOOLOLOLOLLL>>>>>>

                          Only the truth will improve this team. All the BS helps no one -- especially the fans.
                          More interesting is the 11M bonus seems to be 5.5MM for signing and 5.5 roster bonus due in March for 2007 year.

                          If that is a $5.5MM roster bonus as Spagnola seems to indicate (or is it me praying for a miracle) then we can cut Roy for less than a 1MM cap hit next year if at all.

                          565K Base Salary + 4.5MM bonus for 2006 = 5MM versus 2006 cap for a 5 year 25MM contract. That leaves 1MM in un amortized bonus.

                          God please I beg! Like a dream come true.

                          Comment


                          • If we move Henry to FS, then we should just sign a guard and Asante Samuel. If we don't move him sign a guard and Ken Hamlin. That way we've adressed our biggest needs in FA. I'd personally like to see us just keep Henry at corner, sign a guard and Ken Hamlin, and then draft this:

                            1.DeMarcus Tyler, NT, NC State
                            2.Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio St
                            3.Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
                            4.Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
                            5.Isaiah Stanback, QB, Washington
                            7.Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
                            7.Uche Nwaneri, OG, Purdue
                            7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane

                            BoneKrusher

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Staubach12
                              If we move Henry to FS, then we should just sign a guard and Asante Samuel. If we don't move him sign a guard and Ken Hamlin. That way we've adressed our biggest needs in FA. I'd personally like to see us just keep Henry at corner, sign a guard and Ken Hamlin, and then draft this:

                              1.DeMarcus Tyler, NT, NC State
                              2.Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio St
                              3.Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
                              4.Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
                              5.Isaiah Stanback, QB, Washington
                              7.Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
                              7.Uche Nwaneri, OG, Purdue
                              7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane
                              Jacob Ford huh? Heard the name before. What can you tell us about him?


                              "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                              Albert Camus

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Poet3334
                                Originally posted by Staubach12
                                If we move Henry to FS, then we should just sign a guard and Asante Samuel. If we don't move him sign a guard and Ken Hamlin. That way we've adressed our biggest needs in FA. I'd personally like to see us just keep Henry at corner, sign a guard and Ken Hamlin, and then draft this:

                                1.DeMarcus Tyler, NT, NC State
                                2.Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio St
                                3.Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
                                4.Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
                                5.Isaiah Stanback, QB, Washington
                                7.Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
                                7.Uche Nwaneri, OG, Purdue
                                7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane
                                Jacob Ford huh? Heard the name before. What can you tell us about him?
                                If he tests at the Combine forget him in the 7th.

                                6-5, 252 OLB/tweener..... like every 3-4 team wants those types.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information