X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit
    Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
    The main problem is coaching and it branches out into the defense and offense.

I am serious.
    You will need to elaborate.
    I like Parcells D-Unit don't get me wrong I just feel he is holding us back.

He has no imagination (like a Sean Payton), he does not do anything creative.

And the defense is not suited to be a 3-4 defense, this is the only time in the Dallas Cowboy history that the 3-4 has been used and the sooner it is discarded the better.

We need a new coach who can be here for 5 or more years and bring some imagination and creativity with him.

This offense is too Simplistic. We need to have some plays to throw off the other team. I am not saying we weren't productive, we were just too predictable.
    "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
      Originally posted by D-Unit

I am serious.

And the defense is not suited to be a 3-4 defense, this is the only time in the Dallas Cowboy history that the 3-4 has been used and the sooner it is discarded the better.

We need a new coach who can be here for 5 or more years and bring some imagination and creativity with him.

This offense is too Simplistic. We need to have some plays to throw off the other team. I am not saying we weren't productive, we were just too predictable.
      I think where I would disagree with you is that I don't think our worst problems are on the O but the D.

I also feel it is less so coaching then it is we over value some the talent we have.

Comment

I am serious.

...and your idea for resolution is to bring in a new coaching regime, go back to the 4-3 and try and to start again?

Comment

I am serious.

...and your idea for resolution is to bring in a new coaching regime, go back to the 4-3 and try and to start again?
          The 3-4 is fine and works fine. We just need a coordinator who knows how to run with it. Zimmer was a 4-3 guy.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

I am serious.

I am not an advocate of changing the D.

Comment

I am serious.

yes to the new coaching regime and 4-3 but no to the "try to start again"

We don't need to add any special players to go back to the 4-3, look at my previous post.

FS SS
              Watkins Landry

RCB LCB
              Henry Newman

ROLB MLB LOLB
              Carpenter James R. Williams

RDE RDT LDT LDE
              Ware Hatcher Ferguson Canty
              "Red Ball"

Comment

• Nobody is going back to the 4-3.

We have taught all of our young players the 3-4 system, to go back to the 4-3 would only set us back further.

Comment

I am serious.
                  I agree with you. The problem is coaching; either, it be Offensive, Defensive execution or playcalling.

Offensive
                  We have so many weapons on offense, but We fail to utilize and create mismatches. We didnt even use Owens to his fullest potential. We shyed away from Jason Witten until the end of the season. So What did we do? We wasted downs by running Julius Jones up the gut for 2 yards. This guy has no vision. He has speed though so Why? Why didn't we use JJ in space. Why didnt we have Glenn in a post route with single coverage. Our offense is capable of doing so much damage, but we have pathetic playcalling. Its sad. Why don't you go to the leagues best wide reciever? Why? Why don't you let MB111 hav more carries than JJ? Why don't you give him a chance and see what happens?

Defensive
                  WOW. Where do I start? WE know our problem. We cant cover deep. So why don't we fix it. FBs schooled us two weeks in a row. Why can't we get pressure? Why. OMG? WHY! Did Zimmer call the more lamest blitz ever. Why didnt our LBs jam TEs/Wrs? Why did we resort to situation 4-3 earlier. Because Zimmer doesnt know. He cant answer the question. I am glad he is gone. You never got a caluclus teacher to teach you biology. I saw clips. Our LBers would barely touch opposing TEs. They would just let them fly away splitting and embarring the safeties.

Im not done. I can go on longer. But, Yea. Coaching is the problem. I can even talk to you about how Parcells isnt the answer, but inturn I dont see a better option then him right now.

Comment

I am serious.

yes to the new coaching regime and 4-3 but no to the "try to start again"

We don't need to add any special players to go back to the 4-3, look at my previous post.

FS SS
                    Watkins Landry

RCB LCB
                    Henry Newman

ROLB MLB LOLB
                    Carpenter James R. Williams

RDE RDT LDT LDE
                    Ware Hatcher Ferguson Canty
                    This defensive line up is worse than what we currently have. Seriously.

First off, not only do we not have Landry, but getting him is a dream scenario. Secondly, RW at Weakside LB is an idea way out in left field... Deep left field. Hatcher is not a DT. Even in college he played as a 4-3 DE. Third, you have Greg Ellis, Akin Ayodele and Marcus Spears on the bench. That is a lot of money invested on your bench players. Plus, I'm sure they'll be real happy about this. C'mon now. Try reading this to yourself before typing it out, because yeah, it is as silly as it sounds.

Comment

• This defensive line up is worse than what we currently have. Seriously.
                      No because DeMarcus Ware's pass rush ability will provide balance, and the extra body gives extra push which leads to penetration.

I will agree Landry is a dream scenario but it is likely either he or Reggie Nelson falls to our slot. Only a few teams need a Safety in the top 25 and we are one of them. If not Nelson then Griffin, and if not Griffin then a FA like Ken Hamlin.
                      "Red Ball"

Comment

• My scenarios for a better defense.

Roy Williams drop 20 pounds, gain some of that speed back. Learn to wrap tackle, the "drop your head pound your shoulder into the legs" tackle doesnt work like it used to, wrap the damn tackle.

Add a NT that can rush the passer on 3rd and long situations.

Other than that I think the problem with covering the deep pass is the schemes that were called by Zimmer, I dont neccessarily blame Watkins or Williams for some of the touchdowns they gave up, they dont play cornerback they shouldnt have to run alongside a wide out for 20 yards.

Stop taking Bobby Carpenter out on 3rd down! He is fairly good at rushing the passer.

Those are a couple of my opinions.

Comment

• Having Roy lose weight is a joke. Drop 20 pounds? What, put him on the Atkins diet or some crap like that. Having him lose 20 pounds there is a good chance he loses a great deal of muscle, which could make him less powerful in his tackling, which will then take away that positive.
                          "Red Ball"

Comment

• This is my issue with whether Parcells is or isn't the problem.

The bottom line is that you have to execute. The Cowboys of the 90's weren't exactly imaginative on offense. It was Emmitt Right, Left and up the middle on just a few different blocking schemes. It was Irvin on Deep Ins or Deep Outs and Novacek on third downs. The key wasn't being creative, it was executing better than the next guy.

How many times do you think opposing defenses knew Larry Johnson or LT were getting the ball this year? Yet, they still executed well. Everyone knows that Chicago is going to throw deep and run the ball. You don't win the game with trickery or even creativity. You win the game with execution. How many times this year did an opposing team line up on 3rd and 2 with 3 TE's and still pound the ball for a first down against the Cowboys? It wasn't the scheme that won, it was the execution.

So, I think it's a telling statistic that during the season, the best record in the NFL was held by the team with the fewest turnovers. The team with the worst record also had the most turnovers. The cowboys looked great before Romo got his head up his a$$ and started fumbling the ball with regularity.

I think the two biggest problems down the stretch were the ability to convert 3rd downs (Romo and TO contributed to this primarily) and the ability to keep the other team from converting (I think Bradie James and Akin Ayodele were the primary culprits).

So, that's my opinion. I think if Romo gets his head back in the game, and either James gets better or gets benched, this team is a legitimate threat in the NFC.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaRkNiGht08

I am serious.
                              I agree with you. The problem is coaching; either, it be Offensive, Defensive execution or playcalling.

Offensive
                              We have so many weapons on offense, but We fail to utilize and create mismatches. We didnt even use Owens to his fullest potential. We shyed away from Jason Witten until the end of the season. So What did we do? We wasted downs by running Julius Jones up the gut for 2 yards. This guy has no vision. He has speed though so Why? Why didn't we use JJ in space. Why didnt we have Glenn in a post route with single coverage. Our offense is capable of doing so much damage, but we have pathetic playcalling. Its sad. Why don't you go to the leagues best wide reciever? Why? Why don't you let MB111 hav more carries than JJ? Why don't you give him a chance and see what happens?

Defensive
                              WOW. Where do I start? WE know our problem. We cant cover deep. So why don't we fix it. FBs schooled us two weeks in a row. Why can't we get pressure? Why. OMG? WHY! Did Zimmer call the more lamest blitz ever. Why didnt our LBs jam TEs/Wrs? Why did we resort to situation 4-3 earlier. Because Zimmer doesnt know. He cant answer the question. I am glad he is gone. You never got a caluclus teacher to teach you biology. I saw clips. Our LBers would barely touch opposing TEs. They would just let them fly away splitting and embarring the safeties.

Im not done. I can go on longer. But, Yea. Coaching is the problem. I can even talk to you about how Parcells isnt the answer, but inturn I dont see a better option then him right now.
                              I agree that our play calling improve, but that can be said for nearly every team in the NFL. I don't fault our system or even the head coach. I do think that Zimmer was part of the problem with his lack of 3-4 experience, however I think it will be very hard finding someone to step in and do the job right. There is no way we can afford to go back to the 4-3. No way.

Comment

Having Roy lose weight is a joke. Drop 20 pounds? What, put him on the Atkins diet or some crap like that. Having him lose 20 pounds there is a good chance he loses a great deal of muscle, which could make him less powerful in his tackling, which will then take away that positive.
                                Call me crazy but Roy Williams missed TONS of tackles this year, i wouldnt worry about his powerful tackling. Anyone who has common sense knows roy williams is too bulky, its not good for his position.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information