X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ncbigbody
    The 3 guys I would love to see the cowboys draft:

Josh Beekman G, Boston College: Consistent mauler, sticks to the defenders he blocks like glue.
    Brandon Merriweather S, Miami: Our solution to a ballhawk safety. However is a problem child on and off the field.
    Ryan Harris Tackle, ND. He is a very smart instinctive player, very good at handling the speed rushers.

Obviously all 3 guys could go before the third round and most likely will, so im hoping for at least 1 of them.
    If Beekman is white he is on BP's OL radar screen. LOL.

Meriweather and TO and BP? Hmmm, would make for some talk in the neighborhood.

But Meriweather is a great talent.

Comment

• I've been thinking about what I said about the 4-3 earlier. I'm taking it back. I'm gonna give the 3-4 another chance with another DC. I really trust Parcells and believe that he'll get this turned around and will get Roy motivated to play like a "young Ronnie Lott" like he used to describe him.

On offense, we need to go down the field more by getting ourselves in 2nd and short situations. T.O.'s hand should be healed and he'll be a more reliable target. If Witten can develop into the 3rd down guy like Jay Novacek was, then this offense should be much better. Seems like he was forgotten most of the season...

I'm excited for next year. Doesn't seem like any of the other teams in the NFC are getting any better unless Seattle gets over their Super Bowl hangover and Grossman develops some kind of consistency for the Bears. The Saints are really riding their America's Team label this season and the Eagles just aren't really getting much more with McNabb because it could take away their balance and rhythm. The Giants have the problem in that Tiki is retiring.

I like our chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboysforever
        Originally posted by ncbigbody

Josh Beekman G, Boston College: Consistent mauler, sticks to the defenders he blocks like glue.
        Brandon Merriweather S, Miami: Our solution to a ballhawk safety. However is a problem child on and off the field.
        Ryan Harris Tackle, ND. He is a very smart instinctive player, very good at handling the speed rushers.

Obviously all 3 guys could go before the third round and most likely will, so im hoping for at least 1 of them.

I don't want Meriweather on my team after his reckless and downright stupid behavior during the FIU-UM brawl.

Ryan Harris and the whole ND line didn't step up this year for Brady Quinn. Too many penalties and Colombo and Flozell are decent enough right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble
          Originally posted by cowboysforever
          Originally posted by ncbigbody

I don't want Meriweather on my team after his reckless and downright stupid behavior during the FIU-UM brawl.

Ryan Harris and the whole ND line didn't step up this year for Brady Quinn. Too many penalties and Colombo and Flozell are decent enough right now.
          Well sometimes you need to take the good for the bad, he reminds me exactly of Sean Taylor, maybe a little less talented, but similar.

And Ryan Harris was the one bright spot on that offensive line IMO, I watched about 6 of their games, in each game I was impressed by his technique and quick feet.

Flozell Adams before his ACL injury was losing mobility a little bit more after each year, the acl injury didnt help, he is almost done. We also have no depth at the position.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

• Have ya'll seen this kid?

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...cobyjones.html

6-4 210lbs, 4.40's 40-time. Has hidden gem written all over him. I say we give him a look in the 5th, he might be reach even there, but word on the boards say he runs hard after the catch and makes big plays.

Comment

• In no way at all does Merriweather remind me of Sean Taylor.

He's exactly the type of character we do not need on our team. He's the type of player that will commit a stupid personal foul unsportsmanlike penalty that will cost our team 15 yards on a critical down... just so that he can show how much of a "tough guy" he is... and everyone will think how stupid he is.

I can see it now... Helmet to helmet hit... or late hit... or head butt after the play is over... excessive celebration... I know it! I just know it!

He's the exact oppposite of what I just finished saying about how we need to collect "smart" football players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                Have ya'll seen this kid?

6-4 210lbs, 4.40's 40-time. Has hidden gem written all over him. I say we give him a look in the 5th, he might be reach even there, but word on the boards say he runs hard after the catch and makes big plays.
                We have our hidden gem in Miles Austin. ...and we have enough projects in him, Crayton and Hurd... and to an extent, Rector. I just know Austin will be a big time player someday. He's one of my favorite players on the entire team.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                  Originally posted by Paul

We have our hidden gem in Miles Austin. ...and we have enough projects in him, Crayton and Hurd... and to an extent, Rector. I just know Austin will be a big time player someday. He's one of my favorite players on the entire team.
                  Understood, but it's not like I'm saying using a day 1 pick on him. A 5th or a 6th is not to much to ask.

Comment

In no way at all does Merriweather remind me of Sean Taylor.

He's exactly the type of character we do not need on our team. He's the type of player that will commit a stupid personal foul unsportsmanlike penalty that will cost our team 15 yards on a critical down... just so that he can show how much of a "tough guy" he is... and everyone will think how stupid he is.
                    I can see it now... Helmet to helmet hit... or late hit... or head butt after the play is over... excessive celebration... I know it! I just know it!
                    He's the exact oppposite of what I just finished saying about how we need to collect "smart" football players.

So your not going to draft a kid because you think he may get you a 15 yard penalty in a critical situation? How about all the plays he will make for a team during the course of a season.

The kid plays with intensity, I want players who play smart, but I also want a kid thats going to flat out play hard. I have seen Merriweather play in tons of games throughout his career, can you say "PLAYMAKER"

So would you have never drafted Sean Taylor because of his sometimes dirty play and off the field problems, although he is one of the best safeties in the league?

But Hey, let's draft some safety from Stanford with a 3.5 GPA because that kid is a smart football player, he doesnt make a lot of plays, but boy is he smart.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit

So your not going to draft a kid because you think he may get you a 15 yard penalty in a critical situation? How about all the plays he will make for a team during the course of a season.

The kid plays with intensity, I want players who play smart, but I also want a kid thats going to flat out play hard. I have seen Merriweather play in tons of games throughout his career, can you say "PLAYMAKER"

So would you have never drafted Sean Taylor because of his sometimes dirty play and off the field problems, although he is one of the best safeties in the league?

But Hey, let's draft some safety from Stanford with a 3.5 GPA because that kid is a smart football player, he doesnt make a lot of plays, but boy is he smart.
                      Character also means how you interact with your teammates, how hard you study film to get better, how hard you practice, how hard you work in the offseason, whether or not you'll give up during a game. Playmakers have good character plain and simple.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit

I would have to say no, I do not want a player with the potential ability to make a dump personal foul in a critical situation. Nothing is more frustrating then to have a knuckle-head making that kind of play. Ask the Chargers and Giants.

Comment

• You guys gotta be kidding. Because some kid who made some mistakes cant be given a second chance, give me a break. You dont know how hard he studys tape, you dont know how hard he practices. All I know is the kid can make plays.

I haven't even seen him get any personal fouls. Dont be so quick to judge his character.

Yea, yeah, he got caught fighting in the Miami brawl this year, but basically every player was involved in that fight.

Comment

• I like the potential in Watkins too but there's one thing that scares me. Why he comes out in the nickel situation, while Roy stays in?
                            We can say "the coaching staff is stupid bla bla", but the coaches know more than us on their players.. The fact that Nate Jones played the FS on obvious pass situations means to me that the coaching staff didn't trust Watkins as a cover guy.. This is the reason why I want a top FS.. We didn't see Watkins making a lot of mistakes recently, but maybe we don't know how many times he missed his assignment or something like that..
                            We'll se how many trust has on him Parcells, but right now I'm not very confident with Watkins..
                            One huge mistake, for me, was benching him in favor of Davis. Keith Davis sucks, he's orrible, he can't cover, he can play only special team. I've said that before the Carolina's game, benching Watkins -even if Watkins was playing bad- in favor of Davis wasn't the right choice because he can't be worse than Davis.. And now have you red the Davis' quote posted by thule? He said something that with him starting we had a winning record. Please!

And for the pass rush, we've already drafted our rusher opposite to Ware. It's Carpenter. We canìt give up on him after one year (and after he started to play well).. We don't know how good he will be, we'll see next year. Right now we don't need another high profile LB. I would pick another one but later in the draft (4-5th round) and only to play a few snaps a game. We have (hopefully) Ellis too..

The problem with the pass rush are, imo, two: coaching and d-line. Look at SD. They do well rushing the passer even without Merriman, Philipps or Castillo (in one game they missed both Merriman and Philipps).. Sometimes we're complaining that merriman gets a ton of sack against TE and RB. But why he's able to do that? Do you think that other teams are so stupid to block one of the best rusher in the league with a back?
                            It's matchups. The bitzing scheme force other teams to create miss-matches. We can't do that, Zimmer can't do that. Almost everytime we blitzed, the OL picked ip up and Ware wasn't able to run free. In San Diego you don't see this scenario. Everytime they blitz someone broke free (Merriman or Philipps), because they create miss-matches. Zimmer wasn't able to do that.
                            The other face of the problem is what BBD was talking about. Our DEs weren't playing good against the pass. They didn't engage the OT but they stuff the hole as they were playing the run. If they were able to engage the T, one of our edge rushers would have run free to the QB.

These are my thoughts. We were the #4 ranked defense as late as week 12, than Sean Payton destroyed us. We have to rebuild our confidence and solve those problems on defense. I think this is not too hard, our players need to work on techniques, and our DC has to work on how to blitz effectively. Everything in the passing game is about timing. If you blitz and fail, the other team is gonna score on you. How many times we see the blitz not coming to the QB and letting him looking down-field for 6 seconds? Sometimes our CBs save us playing so well in coverage and helping the pass rush... This is the reason why Newman got only one pick. Because we weren't able to force other QBs to throw bad passes.. Too many times we get "coverage-sacks". That's the reason why I love Terence Newman.

Last but not least, we need another OG opposite to Kosier. Kosier is ok, but Rivera is crap. On the left side Flozell is still a monster in run blocking, but on the right side we don't have one player who can run block. Colombo is very good in pass protection, we need to put a run blocker on his side, this is the reason why I want an OG so bad. Gurode is playing well, so with a very good run blocker on the inside we can get the push we missed on 3rd and short situations..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul

Originally posted by Staubach12
                              1.DeMarcus Tyler, NT, NC State
                              2.Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio St
                              3.Mason Crosby, K, Colorado
                              4.Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
                              5.Isaiah Stanback, QB, Washington
                              7.Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
                              7.Uche Nwaneri, OG, Purdue
                              7.Jacoby Jones, WR, Lane

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Paul

Two things:

a) It shows what folks are saying -- you can get phycially talented WR late

b) I know people like Crayton and Hurd but those two guys look the same to me. Slow, 6'0 with great hands, and play the slot really well. One will do.

c) You can never have enough 6'4 WR with 4.4 speed if they have good hands and play hard.

d) Imagine in a couple of years lining up Miles Austin and 6'3 with 4.4 and another guy at 6'4/6'5 with 4.4 speed and a Hurd in the slot........

We have some nice receivers but more size and speed is a good thing even if it mean giving up on a character guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information