Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You posted snips from that article and you missed the best one.

Originally posted by JJT
    there have been some rumors that Patriots' linebackers coach Pepper Johnson could get an interview as the Cowboys' defensive coordinator. But we should assume next season will be Parcells' last. If that's the case, no assistant really wants to join a staff, when there's a firm belief the head coach is going to leave after one season. Jerry has also let it be known that he isn't interested in giving multi-year deals to assistant coaches this year, because if he has to hire a new coach next year, he wants that coach to have full flexibility to hire a staff.
    This ones for you cowboysforever

Q: I keep hearing that it will be hard to unload Roy Williams' contract, but I find that hard to believe. Isn't there any team out there with a contract they want to unload?

Jason R. Stubbs, Richmond, Calif.

TAYLOR: It sounds like you're talking about a baseball or basketball trade. Football trades work a lot differently. If the Cowboys were to trade Williams, he would still count nearly $10 million against the Cowboys' salary cap because of the contract extension he signed this summer. No team can really afford to have a hit like that against the cap and still do all of the other things they want to do in the off-season. You're going to have to get used to Williams because he isn't going anywhere.
    12 hours later...JJT says this after me.
    TAYLOR: There have been no talks about moving Bradie to outside linebacker because I don't think he has the speed or explosion to be a dynamic pass rusher. I think Dallas would be more inclined to use Bobby Carpenter as an inside linebacker in nickel situations next season instead of Bradie because Carpenter has more speed and might be able to defend the deep ball down the middle better than Bradie.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Rod
      ha! i've enjoyed reading the past couple of pages of this thread...

I guess you guys now know what it's like for us Falcons fans to try to explain to idiots why we are not going to cut or trade Mike Vick... :roll:
      We definitely feel your pain now! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
        You posted snips from that article and you missed the best one.

Originally posted by JJT
        there have been some rumors that Patriots' linebackers coach Pepper Johnson could get an interview as the Cowboys' defensive coordinator. But we should assume next season will be Parcells' last. If that's the case, no assistant really wants to join a staff, when there's a firm belief the head coach is going to leave after one season. Jerry has also let it be known that he isn't interested in giving multi-year deals to assistant coaches this year, because if he has to hire a new coach next year, he wants that coach to have full flexibility to hire a staff.
        This ones for you cowboysforever

Q: I keep hearing that it will be hard to unload Roy Williams' contract, but I find that hard to believe. Isn't there any team out there with a contract they want to unload?

Jason R. Stubbs, Richmond, Calif.

TAYLOR: It sounds like you're talking about a baseball or basketball trade. Football trades work a lot differently. If the Cowboys were to trade Williams, he would still count nearly $10 million against the Cowboys' salary cap because of the contract extension he signed this summer. No team can really afford to have a hit like that against the cap and still do all of the other things they want to do in the off-season. You're going to have to get used to Williams because he isn't going anywhere.
        dont know why but not all of your article posted

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
          I agree. Age at corner does not concern me. The regression in Henry's play does, but I'm not willing to write him off. Cornerback isn't a first round need, but under the right circumstances and the willingness to try Henry at FS, I could see a possibility.
          One thing that's not being talked about much in regards to Henry is that he was having a knee problem for pretty much all of December. Apparently it's not structural so it should be better next year. While it doesn't excuse every bad play he made, it does provide a context for some of the problems he had in December--sort of like Newman's problems in his second year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetBLACK08
            Q. Moses or Jarvis Moss?

Who would you pick up? And Why?
            Dear god not another OLB in the first round. We have other needs to address.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase
              Originally posted by D-Unit
              I agree. Age at corner does not concern me. The regression in Henry's play does, but I'm not willing to write him off. Cornerback isn't a first round need, but under the right circumstances and the willingness to try Henry at FS, I could see a possibility.
              One thing that's not being talked about much in regards to Henry is that he was having a knee problem for pretty much all of December. Apparently it's not structural so it should be better next year. While it doesn't excuse every bad play he made, it does provide a context for some of the problems he had in December--sort of like Newman's problems in his second year.
              You have a source for these so-called knee problems...i never heard about this.

Comment

• Here is my pick:

1). Amobi Okoye, CB, or Nelson
                2). Victor Abiamiri, Jarvis Moss, Anthony Spencer or any push rusher DEs.
                3). Daymeion Hughes - Eric Weddle ,
                4). Manuel Ramirez, Arron Sears
                5). Marvin White, Paul Soliai
                7). Aaron Fairooz
                7). Jacob Ford
                7). Kevin Boss

I know this is no a NBA and this is not going to happen either but I would trade Ellis for Sharpe (need a new captain in the backfield). I also believe that we will extend all three OL contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc
                  Here is my pick:

7). Aaron Fairooz
                  7). Jacob Ford
                  7). Kevin Boss

I know this is no a NBA and this is not going to happen either but I would trade Ellis for Sharpe (need a new captain in the backfield). I also believe that we will extend all three OL contracts.
                  Haha good ole nrcirc,
                  your way off base here.
                  Okoye will likely be gone...more of a 4-3 NT guy.
                  All you second rounders will likely be gone say 90% they are
                  Hughes and Weddle won't fall past 50
                  Ramirez looks like a solid 3rd right now with little OG depth inthis draft
                  Sears is a second rounder at this point.

No way a draft happens like this...do a little research man.

Comment

Originally posted by FinChase
                    this is from a article by calvin watkins on 1/4/07

Henry says he's OK to play: Despite a right knee that's caused him discomfort for the last month, cornerback Anthony Henry said he's ready to play.

"I feel like I'm not where I want to be, but at the same time I'm all right to play and make plays," Henry said. "I came out of last week's game feeling the same as I do now, so I think I'll be fine."

Henry said his knee could be drained but he would run the risk of an infection, so he will keep icing it down instead.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Ikaika Alama-Francis in the 2nd or 3rd?

Comment

• this is from todd archer on 12/28/06

Then there's the secondary. Anthony Henry had his second pick of the season Monday. But he is playing on a bum knee, which became obvious when he was tracked down from behind on his interception against Philadelphia.

Comment

Originally posted by nrcirc
                          Here is my pick:

7). Aaron Fairooz
                          7). Jacob Ford
                          7). Kevin Boss

Haha good ole nrcirc,
                          your way off base here.
                          Okoye will likely be gone...more of a 4-3 NT guy.
                          All you second rounders will likely be gone say 90% they are
                          Hughes and Weddle won't fall past 50
                          Ramirez looks like a solid 3rd right now with little OG depth inthis draft
                          Sears is a second rounder at this point.

No way a draft happens like this...do a little research man.
                          This year drafts are pretty deep and DT always fall a little just like last year. Some people believe Gabe Watson is is a first rounder but ended up being a 4 and Rodright Wright a first day project was a 7. If I said Justin Blalock will be a 2nd, you would said I am crazy.

Comment

Are you serious? It was a well known and well documented fact that he had a bursa sac problem. Don't you usually listen to Parcells' press conferences? He talked about it multiple times.

Not only that, but I don't know w t f people are talking about when they say Henry has been bad. He had a down December, true, but so did nearly every player on the defense, and he was exceptional all throughout the first 3 months. Hell, the guy tied a franchise record for pass deflections this year, and when KC Joyner did an article in mid-November about CBs, he listed Henry as his "Most Underrated" player, and showed that he actually had better metrics - at the time - then Newman did. Anyone who complains about him, imo, is up in the night.
                            Originally posted by 21ST
                            He was protecting his self
                            Originally posted by tjsunstein
                            From what? His leg?
                            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                              Originally posted by thule
                              Are you serious? It was a well known and well documented fact that he had a bursa sac problem. Don't you usually listen to Parcells' press conferences? He talked about it multiple times.

Not only that, but I don't know w t f people are talking about when they say Henry has been bad. He had a down December, true, but so did nearly every player on the defense, and he was exceptional all throughout the first 3 months. Hell, the guy tied a franchise record for pass deflections this year, and when KC Joyner did an article in mid-November about CBs, he listed Henry as his "Most Underrated" player, and showed that he actually had better metrics - at the time - then Newman did. Anyone who complains about him, imo, is up in the night.
                              Yeah, I don't think CB is our most pressing need--unless we move Henry to FS, and then it moves right to the top of the list.

Comment

• so does anybody here care to look back at last years draft and reveiw what coulda been? some people were defending the fasano pick as well as the entire draft. in fact someone who shall remain nameless gave us an A++++++ i said at the time it was average at best and the eagles were killing us. the reason i bring this up is because i was screaming for o-line help and marcus mcneil was there for the taking in the 2nd round. the fact that he just got added to the pro bowl roster makes this even more painful. i was o.k. with the B.C. pick although i was hoping for manny lawson. after that its very open for debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information