Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI, I did a mock with Toonster last night and I drafted Jarvis Moss.

Any questions?

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
      Some topics of discussion...
      I wanna see some proactive talk rather then shoulda could woulda talk.
      Excuse me? Are you talking about projecting / guessing what is needed for next year based on what the team's improvment needs are?

I am new so I could use some clarification and you seem to have some status with the other posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4_5_275_LB
        Originally posted by thule
        Excuse me? Are you talking about projecting / guessing what is needed for next year based on what the team's improvment needs are?

I am new so I could use some clarification and you seem to have some status with the other posters.
        Yes, he's just talking about promoting talk of resolution rather than discuss fault/blame on how we got here.

What have you got to say? Have any opinions on how to patch the holes on our team? ...and where those holes are? This is all fun talk... All are welcomed.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
          Originally posted by 4_5_275_LB

Yes, he's just talking about promoting talk of resolution rather than discuss fault/blame on how we got here.

What have you got to say? Have any opinions on how to patch the holes on our team? ...and where those holes are? This is all fun talk... All are welcomed.
          Indeed thats what I was getting after. If you go back and read the last 10 or so pages...you'll see a lot of back and fourth argueing and bring posts back from the past....i brought this post up to encourage talks about ideas/schemes/players/people to watch/goals for the offseason and what not.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
            Originally posted by D-Unit
            Originally posted by 4_5_275_LB

Indeed thats what I was getting after. If you go back and read the last 10 or so pages...you'll see a lot of back and fourth argueing and bring posts back from the past....i brought this post up to encourage talks about ideas/schemes/players/people to watch/goals for the offseason and what not.
            Number 1 is NT. We need some additional strength and pass rush plus someone to give Fergie a blow. I picked this up...

"Pat Yasinskas, of the Charlotte Observer, reports Carolina Panthers DT Kris Jenkins is a potential salary-cap casualty this offseason. The team could also decide to restructure his contract to lower his salary cap number for the 2007 season."

What do you think of this options for NT?

Number 2 is OG: FA is best option if looking for a starter. Someone posted earlier lists

Number 3 is WR: We need some youth. We could use some size. The ND kid looks great to me and a very nice fit for this Offense.

Number 4 is CB: Not immediate given Henry and Newman but need some youth and likely a place to spend a 1 this year. The Pitt guy looks like a player, Revis.

Rest of the spots need the young guys to improve. Safety, DE, LB, QB, TE, etc.

On coaching, I need some time. I like Parcells but the schemes are a little to dry for the talent.

Comment

• Well fellas I will admit I am wrong.

And no I didn't say Parcells wouldn't return just that I said I didn't want him to.

Here is the recap of a Dan Henning I stole from another site.

Have you talked to Bill? "Yes, I have spoken to Bill quite a bit the last few days" Are you in Dallas right now? "I can't say much right now, there some other things in motion right now and I need to tie up a few things in Carolina, but I will say this, Bill is coming back, he'll probably be mad that I'm saying this, but he'll get over it" They asked him how he knew and he said, "He's building his staff and talking diligently with his scouts and Jeff Ireland"

Has he asked you to be part of his team in 2007? "I can't answer that right now, but I'm sure people can put one and one together, that's all I'm saying at this time, Ok."

Keyshawn said he was not going to learn a new system in Carolina now that you are gone. What do you think about Keyshawn, will he be a Panther in 2007? "I love the player, I'd welcome him on my team anytime, but I don't see him in Carolina in 2007"

What do you think of Romo? "He's a player, no doubt about that. Parcells told me about Romo in 2003 and said he could be the guy someday. Parcells likes to acquire young players and build them up, and he's done a great job with Romo. Watch this offense in 2007, watch out!"

Have you been approached by any other teams right now? "I have, but I know where I'm going to be in 2007, you'll see soon enough, I promise."
              "Red Ball"

Comment

• is it just me or does anybody else have the feeling cowboysforever has returned as a differt poster?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by 4_5_275_LB

I rank our needs as follows:

G- I don't believe anything needs to be said here. Rivera won't make the cut. I would prefer using free agency and picking up an established player, although this may not be the most attractive route given our previous attempts. I will say that I think Kosier played pretty well. We knew he wasn't a mauler, and he did nothing to dispel that notion. What he is is a pretty athletic guy in space. I am a Steinbach fan, but I'm thinking that if Dielman is out there, he could be slightly more affordable.

CB- This would depend upon the move with Henry. I'm in favor of him moving , and us drafting a corner in the first 3 rounds. Living in ACC/SEC country, I've had the opportunity to see a ton of guys, but none of them intrigue me more than Josh Wilson. He reminds me of Bob Sanders, just plain tenacious and tough.

Hybrid DE/Olb- I've heard the talk about the depth of the linebacking core, and I agree to a certain extent. I'm all about adding more playmakers to this defense. More pass rush options are very important, as we've seen this year. Ellis coming back strong is not guaranteed, and the only other viable pass rushing option is Carp.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                  Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                    Well fellas I will admit I am wrong.

And no I didn't say Parcells wouldn't return just that I said I didn't want him to.

After listening to Dan Henning on Sirius NFL Radio I think Bill Parcells will be back, and I am sure about it now.

You heard it here first.....Bill Parcells to return in 07.

Here is the recap I stole from another site.

Have you talked to Bill? "Yes, I have spoken to Bill quite a bit the last few days" Are you in Dallas right now? "I can't say much right now, there some other things in motion right now and I need to tie up a few things in Carolina, but I will say this, Bill is coming back, he'll probably be mad that I'm saying this, but he'll get over it" They asked him how he knew and he said, "He's building his staff and talking diligently with his scouts and Jeff Ireland"

Has he asked you to be part of his team in 2007? "I can't answer that right now, but I'm sure people can put one and one together, that's all I'm saying at this time, Ok."

Keyshawn said he was not going to learn a new system in Carolina now that you are gone. What do you think about Keyshawn, will he be a Panther in 2007? "I love the player, I'd welcome him on my team anytime, but I don't see him in Carolina in 2007"

What do you think of Romo? "He's a player, no doubt about that. Parcells told me about Romo in 2003 and said he could be the guy someday. Parcells likes to acquire young players and build them up, and he's done a great job with Romo. Watch this offense in 2007, watch out!"

Have you been approached by any other teams right now? "I have, but I know where I'm going to be in 2007, you'll see soon enough, I promise."
                    Sounds pretty good to me... :D

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                      Well fellas I will admit I am wrong.

After listening to Dan Henning on Sirius NFL Radio I think Bill Parcells will be back, and I am sure about it now.

You heard it here first.....Bill Parcells to return in 07.

Here is the recap I stole from another site.

Sounds like Henning's coming aboard. Wonder if he'd actually name him OC?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                        FYI, I did a mock with Toonster last night and I drafted Jarvis Moss.

Any questions?
                        Yeah, I saw your Mock Draft on the mock draft section. You dont think Bobby will start opposite Ware? One of Carpenters strong points is rushing the passer. Do you really think that is BPA or even a need for the team?

I understand we could use more depth at the position, but I dont believe there is a chance we draft a linebacker at that spot unless Parcells is convinced Ellis wont make a full recovery.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

• Agree

I agree ....we are going OL or S or WR.....best guy on the board and I have a feeling we will have a choice of 2-3 player that we can have. At this point...very early i am leaning toward...Brown or Blalock and Merriweather in Round 2

Plan B would be Jarrett or Meachem in round 1 and Merriweathar or Grubbs in round 2

What do u think?

Comment

• Re: Agree

Originally posted by chrlopez1
                            I agree ....we are going OL or S or WR.....best guy on the board and I have a feeling we will have a choice of 2-3 player that we can have. At this point...very early i am leaning toward...Brown or Blalock and Merriweather in Round 2

Plan B would be Jarrett or Meachem in round 1 and Merriweathar or Grubbs in round 2

What do u think?
                            I've already stated Merriweather is going to be a star, I love that pick, however I think someone will take a shot on him early round 2.

If we get Blalock then Merriweather I'd do backflips.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
                              is it just me or does anybody else have the feeling cowboysforever has returned as a differt poster?
                              If you are referring to me I was here long before cowboysforever.
                              "Red Ball"

Comment

• Hmmm...Cowboysforever hasn't been around which is odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information