Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again D-Unit it's not another forum it's MICKS MAIL. Don't try to lie and joke your way through this.

We all know you look to Mickaroo for all your Dallas Cowboys information. :D
    "Red Ball"

Comment

• Great point by Adam Schefter: If BP isn't coming back, why is he bothering to go to the Senior Bowl?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9944160

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
        Great point by Adam Schefter: If BP isn't coming back, why is he bothering to go to the Senior Bowl?

Aside from the good indications that BP is coming back, it's great that he's going to the Senior Bowl practices. He went in 2005, and our draft turned out well. He didn't go last year, and returns are a bit more cautious there. If he's wants buy the groceries then he damn well needs to go to the supermarket! :D

Comment

Great point by Adam Schefter: If BP isn't coming back, why is he bothering to go to the Senior Bowl?

Yep. I saw that. Adam is very reliable. The more he reports the more I like him. Mort doesn't deserve to lick the ground Schefter walks on.
          "Red Ball"

Comment

Nice find. That is a good point, too. Now I'm almost totally convinced that he's coming back.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_489602.html

Grimm?? Alright, what the hell's going on in Pittsburgh?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
              Albert Camus

Comment

• I haven't been around much lately so pardon me if this has been posted before....

I personally feel that Parcells is coming back (which I posted many months ago after Romo took over the reigns).

I also wonder if anyone has watched the 'Americas Game #13 : 86 Giants' episode. If you have you'll be impressed. I also think that Parcells should show that 1 hr clip to all of his players this offseason. It was fantastic. It shows how much he really cares about his players and championships.

Also, I think we do make a big splash in FA in the DB. I think that the only big name player we may sign in the offseason will be either a FS ( Ken Hamlin as an example) or at CB (Nate Clements, Asante Samuel, etc). I would be very surprised if we didn't go after a HUGE signing in the DB.

There really aren't any other defensive FA's that I think fit our scheme that are top names. Maybe some mid level signings but nothing more on that side of the ball.

Offensively, I think we sign a mid level OL or two. Nothing big, but we do sign some depth. I don't think we go out and sign a big name RB or WR or QB and certainly not TE. So the only place we really have money worth spending is in the DB. Why not give Asante Samuel or Nate Clements HUGE money?

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• I want either Ken Hamlin or Asante Samuel, depending on what we decide to do with Anthony Henry. I also think we adress guard in FA. Also some depth, so I don't see us going after a ton of big players, just two. That should save us some money.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                    Offensively, I think we sign a mid level OL or two. Nothing big, but we do sign some depth. I don't think we go out and sign a big name RB or WR or QB and certainly not TE. So the only place we really have money worth spending is in the DB. Why not give Asante Samuel or Nate Clements HUGE money?
                    Don't you think we're going after a high-profile guard such as Steinbach, Dockery or Dielman?

And is Hamlin a good cover guy?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
                      Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                      Don't you think we're going after a high-profile guard such as Steinbach, Dockery or Dielman?

And is Hamlin a good cover guy?
                      I haven't had an opportunity to watch him alone personally, but I've heard that he is

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                        I haven't been around much lately so pardon me if this has been posted before....

I personally feel that Parcells is coming back (which I posted many months ago after Romo took over the reigns).

I also wonder if anyone has watched the 'Americas Game #13 : 86 Giants' episode. If you have you'll be impressed. I also think that Parcells should show that 1 hr clip to all of his players this offseason. It was fantastic. It shows how much he really cares about his players and championships.

Also, I think we do make a big splash in FA in the DB. I think that the only big name player we may sign in the offseason will be either a FS ( Ken Hamlin as an example) or at CB (Nate Clements, Asante Samuel, etc). I would be very surprised if we didn't go after a HUGE signing in the DB.

There really aren't any other defensive FA's that I think fit our scheme that are top names. Maybe some mid level signings but nothing more on that side of the ball.

Always love reading your posts. And yeah, now you know why I like Bill Parcells so much. He truely is a great coach. People forget that just last decade, he was the guy being compared to Lombardi, Bellichick learned everything he knows from Parcells. Being a Giants fan, I know about both of them very well and if I had to choose Bill Parcells in his prime vs Bellichick, I take Parcells no questions asked.

One thing if you notice though, he did lose alot of fire from his earlier years. The Dallas Parcells just doesn't have the same fire the younger BP had. Age obviously is a factor, but I think thats a contributing reason to why its taking him longer to succeed in Dallas than it did anywhere else.

If you look at Holmgren, he had the same problem with Seattle. I guess age is an underrated nuissance.

In terms of FA, what about Vonnie Holiday? He can play DE in the 3-4, and he's still got some juice left. He can be that insurance policy you need in the front 3 incase Spears doesn't get it and Hatcher doesn't develop into anything more than a situational rusher.

Terral Sands is also a name to look into. At 6 7", I doubt he has the leverage to play NT though. Not in the 3-4 at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          Always love reading your posts. And yeah, now you know why I like Bill Parcells so much. He truely is a great coach. People forget that just last decade, he was the guy being compared to Lombardi, Bellichick learned everything he knows from Parcells. Being a Giants fan, I know about both of them very well and if I had to choose Bill Parcells in his prime vs Bellichick, I take Parcells no questions asked.

One thing if you notice though, he did lose alot of fire from his earlier years. The Dallas Parcells just doesn't have the same fire the younger BP had. Age obviously is a factor, but I think thats a contributing reason to why its taking him longer to succeed in Dallas than it did anywhere else.

If you look at Holmgren, he had the same problem with Seattle. I guess age is an underrated nuissance.

In terms of FA, what about Vonnie Holiday? He can play DE in the 3-4, and he's still got some juice left. He can be that insurance policy you need in the front 3 incase Spears doesn't get it and Hatcher doesn't develop into anything more than a situational rusher.

Terral Sands is also a name to look into. At 6 7", I doubt he has the leverage to play NT though. Not in the 3-4 at least.
                          Thanks. I do agree that age for a coach could be a factor that is overlooked. I can't say for certain that it is or isn't but certainly you could point to some examples that you could argue for.

As for Holliday, that would be a mid level or lower level signing so to me we might do that, but that's just normal roster churning so I don't think much of it.

As for Steinbach or another upper level Guard, we could go after one and I'd like it, but I'd rather go after an upper level C if there was one available and move Gurode back to RG / Backup RG.

I don't see many Top Notch FA's being available, and many teams have plenty of cap space so for any team to sign more than one FA will be a challenge. Asante Samuel and Nate Clements will sign rediculous contracts this year and will make Mike Vick type money, but it's not like any cap excess you have will carry over if you don't spend it. The key is to structure the deals so that you're not hamstrung by the contracts in years 3-5. I think most teams know this and that's why you'll see large Roster bonuses instead of signing bonuses. They will be structured alot like Half Signing bonus up front and 8 months later a large Roster bonus. So year 3+ the deal isn't that hard to get out from under.

I just think this year's FA class is sub par on the offensive side of the ball and people like Adalius Thomas will be SOOOO expensive that you can't afford them. You will only be able to sign 1 big name guy this year and if I had my choice it would be Clements or Samuel.

Hamlin isn't a great cover FS but he's not bad. He's More Ed Reed and Less Roy Williams. Hamlin was a phenomenal player in the SEC and I watched him alot as an LSU fan.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Here are the prospects at each position I see the Cowboys looking at in the Senior Bowl this week.

QB
                            Tyler Palko, Pittsburgh

WR
                            Dwayne Bowe, L.S.U.
                            Craig Davis, L.S.U.
                            Jason Hill, Washington St.
                            Rhema McKnight, Notre Dame
                            Steve Smith, USC
                            Courtney Taylor, Auburn

OT
                            Levi Brown, Penn St.
                            Ryan Harris, Notre Dame
                            Arron Sears, Tennessee
                            Tony Ugoh, Arkansas

OG
                            Josh Beekman, Boston College
                            Justin Blalock, Texas
                            Ben Grubbs, Auburn
                            Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech

DE
                            Adam Carriker, Nebraska

DT
                            Amobi Okoye, Louisville

LB
                            Buster Davis, Florida St.
                            David Harris, Michigan
                            Paul Posluszny, Penn St.
                            Patrick Willis, Ole Miss

CB
                            Daymeion Hughes, California
                            David Irons, Auburn
                            Marcus McCauley, Fresno St.
                            Jonathan Wade, Tennessee

S
                            Michael Griffin, Texas
                            Michael Johnson, Arizona
                            LaRon Landry, L.S.U.
                            Eric Weddle, Utah
                            "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                              Originally posted by iameverywhere
                              Originally posted by Poet3334
                              Is it me or are there a few aliases/posters that put up really long posts? They seem to travel in packs on this forum.
                              Just an observation. Just look back over the blog. Certain aliases do post in packs. 12:31, 12:32, 12:33, etc....... The chances are low they are logged in at the same time unless they are one in the same.

For an example of normal posting just look at the last two pages. Time stamps are spread out.

Originally posted by Poet3334
                              Is I am dreaming Dom Capers tonite. Belated XMas present.
                              ????????
                              Response on Capers below.
                              Get over yourself...Noone esle here is as pathetic as you. If you think CTC is a respectable poster...then maybe you guys should find a different place to post.
                              What is wrong with CT Cowboys?

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                                Here are the prospects at each position I see the Cowboys looking at in the Senior Bowl this week.

QB
                                Tyler Palko, Pittsburgh

WR
                                Dwayne Bowe, L.S.U.
                                Craig Davis, L.S.U.
                                Jason Hill, Washington St.
                                Rhema McKnight, Notre Dame
                                Steve Smith, USC
                                Courtney Taylor, Auburn

OT
                                Levi Brown, Penn St.
                                Ryan Harris, Notre Dame
                                Arron Sears, Tennessee
                                Tony Ugoh, Arkansas

OG
                                Josh Beekman, Boston College
                                Justin Blalock, Texas
                                Ben Grubbs, Auburn
                                Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech

DE
                                Adam Carriker, Nebraska

DT
                                Amobi Okoye, Louisville

LB
                                Buster Davis, Florida St.
                                David Harris, Michigan
                                Paul Posluszny, Penn St.
                                Patrick Willis, Ole Miss

CB
                                Daymeion Hughes, California
                                David Irons, Auburn
                                Marcus McCauley, Fresno St.
                                Jonathan Wade, Tennessee

S
                                Michael Griffin, Texas
                                Michael Johnson, Arizona
                                LaRon Landry, L.S.U.
                                Eric Weddle, Utah
                                Throw in Dallas Baker and Desmond Bishop and agree fully :)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information