X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
    Originally posted by LSUALUM99
    Lot's of Grassy Knoll Theories going around here now.

How about, everyone let everyone else post whatever they want and you read and comment only on the posts you feel are intelligent and relevant. I have several posters I tend to value their opinion and several others I do not. I'm sure everyone else has similar thoughts regarding valuing some posters' opinions and not others.
    True. I regret my post now, I should have just went through PM, anyways lets just talk Cowboys....

LSUALUM99, what would you think about Dwayne Bowe in round one. I know it is a bit of a reach but I really like what I saw out of him in the games I saw. He seems very consistent and comes up in clutch situations.

I guess this could depend on if Terrell Owens leaves, which I hope he does, and I have already dwelled on that issue many times.

Anyways the point I want to really make is, isn't it about time the Cowboys drafted some offense in the first round? I am sick of the linebackers and D-Lineman. I wouldn't mind defensive back but I just think sometime this offense has to be addressed.
    I think if the value is there, then we do it. I wouldn't go offense just because we haven't in the past. I know you addressed this to LSU. Sorry, I could'nt help myself :)

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
    Albert Camus

Comment

• I think if the value is there, then we do it. I wouldn't go offense just because we haven't in the past. I know you addressed this to LSU. Sorry, I could'nt help myself Smile
      Oh no, I am glad that you did.

I wasn't trying to say take offense just to take offense but I would def prefer to draft offensive over defensive this year, and I think if Bowe does well in the Senior Bowl he could be on our radar considering 2 of the 2 years that Parcells has gone to the Senior Bowl his first pick in the draft was somebody who was at the Senior Bowl (Julius Jones, DeMarcus Ware).

The other two years he has been with the Cowboys he did not attend the Senior Bowl, so that just makes me want to stay in touch with the Senior Bowl this year because it's likely Parcells is targeting someone, which is also why I came up with a list of Seniors I think the Cowboys will target at the Senior Bowl.

Here is the list again in case somebody didn't see it

Bold indicates first round projected players

QB
      Tyler Palko, Pittsburgh

WR
      Dwayne Bowe, L.S.U.
      Craig Davis, L.S.U.
      Jason Hill, Washington St.
      Rhema McKnight, Notre Dame
      Steve Smith, USC
      Courtney Taylor, Auburn

OT
      Levi Brown, Penn St.
      Ryan Harris, Notre Dame
      Arron Sears, Tennessee
      Tony Ugoh, Arkansas

OG
      Josh Beekman, Boston College
      Justin Blalock, Texas
      Ben Grubbs, Auburn
      Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech

DE
      Adam Carriker, Nebraska

DT
      Amobi Okoye, Louisville

LB
      Buster Davis, Florida St.
      David Harris, Michigan
      Paul Posluszny, Penn St.
      Patrick Willis, Ole Miss

CB
      Daymeion Hughes, California
      David Irons, Auburn
      Marcus McCauley, Fresno St.
      Jonathan Wade, Tennessee

S
      Michael Griffin, Texas
      Michael Johnson, Arizona
      LaRon Landry, L.S.U.
      Eric Weddle, Utah
      "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
        I don't know how much longer I can take this.
        • LSUAlum = 09 Jan 2006
          D-Unit = 07 Mar 2005
          Thule = 22 Feb 2005
          DMW = 13 Mar 2006
          Jdallas = 02 Jul 2005

You can ask a mod to check ip's...aka what I did to you...because it is illegal to have multiple accounts on this site.

Originally posted by NFLDC Rules
        8 ) Do not create multiple accounts / usernames on the forums.
        Originally posted by thule
        So claim w/e you like man..but your the only user here that has created a new account to hide your reasons. You are singlehandly taking the discussion down the drain...and what once was respected as one of the most knowledgable threads on the board has been deminished to a person whining about multiple accounts...rather than taking it up with a higher power

I've been warned for attacking you...which truely shows what point I'm at. I have a feeling I'm not the first one to be warned on account of you...I really hate having to make a post so off based...one of my complaints on this board as many users know. But I just have to get some stuff off my chest.
        First, you can ask whoever to check my IP. Go and check to your hearts content. I am not Cowboysforever. And I have read some of the past posts -- and that dude has made some good points b/f you or other experts even mentioned it. He also made some bad. It is a forum dude.

Regardless, it seemed like everytime he wrote something, you and few of these aliases all came at it with the same stuff. Really nasty and talking down to folks. Same attack stuff to CT and Poet. The worst part is it is regurgitated "EPSN" talk or Web trash that we all read. So again, whatever dude.

All I really gotta say to you while getting back to football is Zbikoswki???? Zbikowski? You are joking right? **I did my reading.** Later dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
          Guess who's back?
          Saweet! Moving toward some sanity here!

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by iameverywhere
            I don't know how much longer I can take this.
            • LSUAlum = 09 Jan 2006
              D-Unit = 07 Mar 2005
              Thule = 22 Feb 2005
              DMW = 13 Mar 2006
              Jdallas = 02 Jul 2005

You can ask a mod to check ip's...aka what I did to you...because it is illegal to have multiple accounts on this site.

Originally posted by NFLDC Rules
            8 ) Do not create multiple accounts / usernames on the forums.
            So claim w/e you like man..but your the only user here that has created a new account to hide your reasons. You are singlehandly taking the discussion down the drain...and what once was respected as one of the most knowledgable threads on the board has been deminished to a person whining about multiple accounts...rather than taking it up with a higher power

I've been warned for attacking you...which truely shows what point I'm at. I have a feeling I'm not the first one to be warned on account of you...I really hate having to make a post so off based...one of my complaints on this board as many users know. But I just have to get some stuff off my chest.
            First, you can ask whoever to check my IP. Go and check to your hearts content. I am not Cowboysforever. And I have read some of the past posts -- and that dude has made some good points b/f you or other experts even mentioned it. He also made some bad. It is a forum dude.

Regardless, it seemed like everytime he wrote something, you and few of these aliases all came at it with the same stuff. Really nasty and talking down to folks. Same attack stuff to CT and Poet. The worst part is it is regurgitated "EPSN" talk or Web trash that we all read. So again, whatever dude.

All I really gotta say to you while getting back to football is Zbikoswki???? Zbikowski? You are joking right? **I did my reading.** Later dude.
            Yeah, and Zbikowski's got another year of eligibility. He's not coming out. By the way CT, I like Bowe. I think Parcells may be keying on looking at Blalock, and Griffin.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
            Albert Camus

Comment

• By the way CT, I like Bowe. I think Parcells may be keying on looking at Blalock, and Griffin.
              Yeah I like all three prospects so it'll be interesting to see if Scott see's Bill talking with any players, or rather any Cowboy scouts talking with any of the players.
              "Red Ball"

Comment

• I think the Cowboys need to go a speed position round 1 that is not WR. As pointed out WR is stocked this year. A FS who can man-up or a CB could be valuable in round 1. A Whitner type player who can maybe play CB but more suited for FS.

NT in round one may also make sense for the future -- need time to grow and learn that spot anyway -- but I like the Jenkins idea proposed since he may be cut to give us some pass rushing and rotate with Fergie.

I like the RB idea in 1 but only for AP or ML but think next year is better for RB talent and we already have good enough talent there.

OG is round 2 or 3 but and as mentioned we can't go crazy with Draft and FA because we have no place to put them. Some folks seem to want us to draft and sign like 3 OL. Sounds nuts. I would love to see Al Johnson at Center and Gurode back at Guard (Rivera bye bye) with a Guard via the draft.

Lastly, I think we got some young guys that could be valuable in trade. Burnett comes to mind as starting caliber guy who needs to play. I would even say if Briggs leaves the Bears I would trade Burnett straight up for thier Round 1 or next year round 1.

Overall though we have some really young guys who could bloom so I think we really need to go BPA unless the OL situation detriorates from here.... like we lose Colombo and Gurode. Then we are forced into draft OL round 1 if you ask me.

There is no other position on this team that I think is at risk for such deterioration that forces us into saying "we gotta do this" in round 1. We are drafting for strength.

Thoughts?

Comment

By the way CT, I like Bowe. I think Parcells may be keying on looking at Blalock, and Griffin.
                  Yeah I like all three prospects so it'll be interesting to see if Scott see's Bill talking with any players, or rather any Cowboy scouts talking with any of the players.
                  There is not one position of round 1 NEED unless the OL gets decimated in FA. Yet, we can improve everywhere by adding depth and going BPA.

What is wrong with Flozell, Kosier, McQuistan, Proctor, Al Johnson, Gurode, Colombo and maybe some rookie 2nd rounder like a Grubbs or Staley or Ugoh? Could be servicable line with some youth. Even if you lose Colombo or Proctor you go out and get a L Davis or Steinbach.

Use Round 1 for a CB/FS crossover player like Nelson or Leon Hall if he falls. Use Round 1 for a Moss or Moses if they are there. Use Round 1 for a Marshawn Lynch if he falls. There are a few others who will come down just because it always happens.

That is where we goround 1 I feel ... opportunistic.

Comment

• I think the Cowboys would be best going after DB or WR in round 1 because the value will be there.
                    "Red Ball"

Comment

I think the Cowboys would be best going after DB or WR in round 1 because the value will be there.
                      Which WR do you think falls to 22 who is really a value pick? Honestly, the only value pick WR to me is CJ but that ain't happin at 22 or 10 or 5 as of now.

Meacham, Ginn, Jarrett all could be there but all look the same from a value perspective.

I suspect that other than Ginn (<4.3) you can replicate the WR Brand Name Players' combine numbers cheaper via later rounds.

Comment

• I feel like the value is there for Ted Ginn, Dwayne Jarrett, and Dwayne Bowe. Bowe would have been a much higher pick if not for the declaration of junior wide receivers.

Ginn has top end speed.

Jarrett is an ideal posession receiver.

Bowe has the most potential of about anybody in this draft.

This is a great WR class, and I'd be happy with any of them at our pick.

If Landry or Nelson is there though that would be a tough choice, but I still like Watkins no matter what the Cowboys decide to do.
                        "Red Ball"

Comment

• I like Bowe but not at 22. I think he's going to be a pretty good player, but I don't feel like he'll ever be a top 10 WR in the NFL. I think he'll be a great #2 or a solid #1. I'd rather have Rice or Ginn or Jarrett. Shark, Bowe, Smith all are interchangible to me so if all three are there then go CB.

I really want to go CB in round 1 UNLESS a stud at LB / DT or OT drops for some odd reason. Since I don't think Joe Thomas is dropping past 5 (much less to 22) then OT is really not a sexy pick to me at 22, but you can't argue with a good big body if there is value.

I think the majority of the value will be at CB or FS if Landry or Nelson falls.

Of course, if CB is addressed in FA then this goes out the window.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                          I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Let me also add that if Landry were to fall and the Cowboys drafted him, do not overlook the possibility that Roy Williams is the one being replaced long term, not the FS.

Landry could easily play either S position and be a very good player at either one.

Also, if we drafted Dwayne Wright in the 4th or so round I'd be very happy. He's a stud of a RB.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• I think its safe to say that after today Samuel earned himself an even nicer paycheck. He showed me everything I want as a number 2 CB on our team. He isn't afraid to go for the big play...which is something our CB's have been lacking. Now if these Henry rumors are true...I want Samuel...sure he is a big ticket...but as agreed we will target one big guy in this FA period. He is my number 1 target in FA. Now whether we have a shot at him idk...but I liked this kid before the game..now I love him.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                                I think its safe to say that after today Samuel earned himself an even nicer paycheck. He showed me everything I want as a number 2 CB on our team. He isn't afraid to go for the big play...which is something our CB's have been lacking. Now if these Henry rumors are true...I want Samuel...sure he is a big ticket...but as agreed we will target one big guy in this FA period. He is my number 1 target in FA. Now whether we have a shot at him idk...but I liked this kid before the game..now I love him.
                                I wish I could have hope for Samuels, but I know I'd just come away disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information