X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit
    Originally posted by thule
    I think its safe to say that after today Samuel earned himself an even nicer paycheck. He showed me everything I want as a number 2 CB on our team. He isn't afraid to go for the big play...which is something our CB's have been lacking. Now if these Henry rumors are true...I want Samuel...sure he is a big ticket...but as agreed we will target one big guy in this FA period. He is my number 1 target in FA. Now whether we have a shot at him idk...but I liked this kid before the game..now I love him.
    I wish I could have hope for Samuels, but I know I'd just come away disappointed.
    What one FA are you hoping?

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
      Originally posted by D-Unit
      I think its safe to say that after today Samuel earned himself an even nicer paycheck. He showed me everything I want as a number 2 CB on our team. He isn't afraid to go for the big play...which is something our CB's have been lacking. Now if these Henry rumors are true...I want Samuel...sure he is a big ticket...but as agreed we will target one big guy in this FA period. He is my number 1 target in FA. Now whether we have a shot at him idk...but I liked this kid before the game..now I love him.
      I wish I could have hope for Samuels, but I know I'd just come away disappointed.
      At this point I'm setting myself up to get hyped up over 3rd-5th Tier FA Signings. If we're lucky, we'll get one 2nd tier FA. That's how Bill does it.

Along the OL, I'm guessing... a guy like Mike Gandy, from Buffalo.

...maybe S Nick Harper from Indy... if not him, maybe we'll settle for a LB like Rob Morris.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
        I am not a huge fan of any of the NE Corners. I know Samuels is good. But that D really works hard at forcing high risk passes to the side lines through good safety and ILB play in the passing game. (anyone listening on Cowboys D staff). Makes playing corner much easier.

On another note if as someone said, we draft Roy Williams replacement in this draft (not sure why) then you should save the Cap Space to accelerate the amortization of the Roy Williams. Kosier, Marco Rivera contract bonuses and create cap room in 08 and 09 for the 2005 draftees.

If you have Cap space you can request the league accelerate the amortization of signing bonuses to on roster players. This lowers Cap hit in the future and gives team more real money to spend in the future too. That is part of the point to instituting the cap and mandatory spending on the NFL by the NFLPA.

Anyone look that cap idea up? I think it is doable.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
          Originally posted by D-Unit
          At this point I'm setting myself up to get hyped up over 3rd-5th Tier FA Signings. If we're lucky, we'll get one 2nd tier FA. That's how Bill does it.

Along the OL, I'm guessing... a guy like Mike Gandy, from Buffalo.

...maybe S Nick Harper from Indy... if not him, maybe we'll settle for a LB like Rob Morris.
          Rob Morris? Do you think he fits our system? Seems small but not only that we are really backlogged at LB. What do we do with the other bodies?

Getting DE, Safety, LB or OL, to me, via FA is expensive unless you truly get a Super Star -- a major upgrade over what we have.

We do have some young decent players and they need to develop and play or we need to get rid of them b/f contracts come due in 08/09. Other than Adalius Thomas is there a superstar FA out that clearly improves our team?

I know this is crazy but I just don't think we do much of anything in FA unless we lose some players we are expecting to keep like Colombo and Gurode.

I will make a final opinion once the March cuts come but till then .... save teh cash, accelerate unused cap to amortize bonus and give the team a year of seasoning.

Comment

• Parcells Gone...

Comment

• any guesses on who replaces him?

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre

Comment

• Originally posted by therock6000
                any guesses on who replaces him?
                I'm gonna say Norv Turner or Bob Stoops

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3
                  Originally posted by therock6000
                  any guesses on who replaces him?
                  I'm gonna say Norv Turner or Bob Stoops

i hope you are wrong about turner...how many failures does a coach get before you say, "Maybe he's just a really good coordinator...and that's it."?

Comment

• Good to see that old battle axe out of Dallas. I've been calling for it for like two years now.

Bring on Stoopsy.

Comment

• This just in, Nick Saban has accepted the Dallas Cowboys job after they offered him 658 million dollars, half of delaware, the casket king tut was buried in and his own personal cheetah...

Comment

This just in, Nick Saban has accepted the Dallas Cowboys job after they offered him 658 million dollars, half of delaware, the casket king tut was buried in and his own personal cheetah...
                        I don't know how many times I have to say this... I'm not going to be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

Comment

This just in, Nick Saban has accepted the Dallas Cowboys job after they offered him 658 million dollars, half of delaware, the casket king tut was buried in and his own personal cheetah...

Comment

• Originally posted by newkwhy
                            Good to see that old battle axe out of Dallas. I've been calling for it for like two years now.

Bring on Stoopsy.
                            I've always had a feeling Jones had a secret agreement with Stoops. Having said that, we'll probably get stuck with someone boring like Bum's boy, Wade Phillips.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase
                              Originally posted by newkwhy
                              Good to see that old battle axe out of Dallas. I've been calling for it for like two years now.

Bring on Stoopsy.
                              I've always had a feeling Jones had a secret agreement with Stoops. Having said that, we'll probably get stuck with someone boring like Bum's boy, Wade Phillips.
                              Anybody but Parcells. Anybody that can actually win a playoff game and get above .500.

Comment

• i kind of wish he'd hung around for 1 more year, so we could've gotten Cowher in '08.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information