Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, how would you know about TexMex? Unless you are another poster from the last six months?

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Originally posted by GoodbyeParcells
      YOUNG COACH....YOUNG COACH...YOUNG COACH....

Yes Bill C is done too...hes done.

You are just mad because my facts are right on about Parcells.
      I'm
      mad? What do I care? The Cowboys losing is third on my list of football enjoyments behind Bears winning and Packers losing. I hope they hire Wade Phillips, keep TO, and let Jerry Jones continue to run personel.

But I do agree, I think Parcells is overated. The Cowboys should go after Brian Schottenheimer in my opinion.
      Parcells is over rated?

Wow. This is for a Bears fan who likely worships Buddy Ryan and Mike Ditka.

They are all coming out of the box today.

Comment

• It figures that the season I start to like Parcells the most, he retires.

Comment

• Originally posted by BX
          Hey, how would you know about TexMex? Unless you are another poster from the last six months?
          I have been reading this blog for over 1 year. LOL. You think this is the first time I have seen the ebbs and flows and all the childishness here. One things reading and another is posting.

If my memory serves me he had a man crush with the 1990s teams and how BP needed to coach like Jimmy. Just lunacy on his part but it is a blog so......

Comment

• It's not constructive to bash Parcells and what he did, and did not do. Focus on the here and now. Who do you guys want? I'm leaning toward Ron Rivera or Rob Ryan.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
            Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
              It's not constructive to bash Parcells and what he did, and did not do. Focus on the here and now. Who do you guys want? I'm leaning toward Ron Rivera or Rob Ryan.
              Singletary or Phillips, I'm leaning Phillips. I do NOT want a college guy.

Comment

• But you post. A lot.

Anyway. Parcells has done this team a lot better then Gailey or Campo ever could. Even though he didn't give us a lot of success in the playoffs, he's left us with our best team since the mid 90's. I can't understate how big that is.

Comment

• God no... Dave Shore was on OTL and said Norv Turner is a name that keeps popping up... Please Jerry, just say no!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                    It figures that the season I start to like Parcells the most, he retires.
                    This may be the start of a very bad trend. Coaching decision and draft will tell but it looks like Jerry "sucked everything" out of Bill and now want to do it himself again.

I worked for a guy like Jerry. Very charismastic but hate it when others are better than him. They use time and money to suck you dry of knowledge and then discard you for some frivolous reason.

After they disrespect your contribution, they smile, play nice start to take credit for your work and go back to being mediocre while talking an even bigger game. It really hurt me when it happened to me.

Good luck to BP. Get a job somewhere else and steal your guys back. Jerry deserves all the TO's and Venderjerk and Roy Williams -- big money nothings with lots of empty ego.

Comment

• Originally posted by iameverywhere
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      This may be the start of a very bad trend. Coaching decision and draft will tell but it looks like Jerry "sucked everything" out of Bill and now want to do it himself again.

I worked for a guy like Jerry. Very charismastic but hate it when others are better than him. They use time and money to suck you dry of knowledge and then discard you for some frivolous reason.

After they disrespect your contribution, they smile, play nice start to take credit for your work and go back to being mediocre while talking an even bigger game. It really hurt me when it happened to me.

Good luck to BP. Get a job somewhere else and steal your guys back. Jerry deserves all the TO's and Venderjerk and Roy Williams -- big money nothings with lots of empty ego.
                      Jerry's definitely an odd duck, but he did have a lot to do with the success of the 90's, and was getting shorted on credit. I wouldn't have fired Jimmy over it, but his contributions had been overlooked at that point.

Comment

God no... Dave Shore was on OTL and said Norv Turner is a name that keeps popping up... Please Jerry, just say no!!
                        Haha... good call on Singletary. I forgot about him.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                        Albert Camus

Comment

God no... Dave Shore was on OTL and said Norv Turner is a name that keeps popping up... Please Jerry, just say no!!
                          Just like Jerry to get a lackey he can control. A "players" coach who finds ways to lose, has no control over the team (TO and Norv?) and won't stand up to Jerry.

LOL. So Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by iameverywhere
                            Originally posted by Ward

Jerry's definitely an odd duck, but he did have a lot to do with the success of the 90's, and was getting shorted on credit. I wouldn't have fired Jimmy over it, but his contributions had been overlooked at that point.
                            Ward, as an Owner of an NFL Team the only credit you should receive is for hiring a good GM and hiring a Good Coach.

Jerry, whatever his role was in the 1990s, is in way over his head and the franchise's direction since 1994 before Parcells are proof of his low level of competance.

Jerry, frankly, got real lucky. This is the only way you explain the early 1990s and the remaining 15 or so years.

Comment

• I'm sure all the money JJ threw around before FA started helped his "luck" too.

Comment

• Originally posted by iameverywhere
                                Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                Originally posted by GoodbyeParcells
                                YOUNG COACH....YOUNG COACH...YOUNG COACH....

Yes Bill C is done too...hes done.

You are just mad because my facts are right on about Parcells.
                                I'm
                                mad? What do I care? The Cowboys losing is third on my list of football enjoyments behind Bears winning and Packers losing. I hope they hire Wade Phillips, keep TO, and let Jerry Jones continue to run personel.

But I do agree, I think Parcells is overated. The Cowboys should go after Brian Schottenheimer in my opinion.
                                Parcells is over rated?

Wow. This is for a Bears fan who likely worships Buddy Ryan and Mike Ditka.

They are all coming out of the box today.
                                Mike Ditka is disgustingly overated.

I think Ditka might the most overated coach in the history of the NFL (there goes your little quip there eh?)

If the Bears or Giants had Gibbs or Walsh they would have absolutely dominated the 80's.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information