X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ward
    Originally posted by Poet3334
    It's not constructive to bash Parcells and what he did, and did not do. Focus on the here and now. Who do you guys want? I'm leaning toward Ron Rivera or Rob Ryan.
    Singletary or Phillips, I'm leaning Phillips. I do NOT want a college guy.
    Yep. No college guy. No no no...

I've dreamt of Singletary for a long time now... starting it up last year while BP was wavering on coming back... That would be my first choice hands down.

Phillips I'm "meh" on... only good thing is success in San Diego... I think he's better DC material than HC material... but I'd be ok with him. First choice? Heck No! But I prefer bringing in a coach with a defensive mentality.

Comment

• Yeah I dont really want a college guy either. I was kinda hoping that we could get Jim Mora Jr but he took a job at Seattle which sucks, Im a big fan of his. Hopefully Jerruh picks someone good im sure we'll all be caught off guard as to who he chooses.
      Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        Originally posted by Ward
        It's not constructive to bash Parcells and what he did, and did not do. Focus on the here and now. Who do you guys want? I'm leaning toward Ron Rivera or Rob Ryan.

I've dreamt of Singletary for a long time now... starting it up last year while BP was wavering on coming back... That would be my first choice hands down.

Phillips I'm "meh" on... only good thing is success in San Diego... I think he's better DC material than HC material... but I'd be ok with him. First choice? Heck No! But I prefer bringing in a coach with a defensive mentality.
        I'd be okay with Phillips, but he doesn't strike me as the long-term option. That hire would tell me he's keeping the seat warm for Cowher or Fisher.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
        Albert Camus

Comment

Just out of curiousity, why not a successful college coach?

Comment

• My preference is to bring in a coach with a good handle on what it takes to be a HC and with a QB Mentoring approach. Then hire a top notch DC who has no desire to be a HC anytime soon (Dick Lebeau, etc).

I'd be extremely happy with Norv Turner IF AND ONLY IF someone like Wade Phillips were the DC to go with him.

Or a Ron Rivera with Norv as the OC would work to.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokeys
              Yeah I dont really want a college guy either. I was kinda hoping that we could get Jim Mora Jr but he took a job at Seattle which sucks, Im a big fan of his. Hopefully Jerruh picks someone good im sure we'll all be caught off guard as to who he chooses.
              I am sure we will...he caught us all off guard with Chan Gailey.....

So I am afraid of who he will choose......I just hope its not Phillips! OMG...some people are just good assistants and thats all they ever will be...ala Norv Turner! Give me a break...Turner has been a joke ever since he left Dallas! You actually think that guy is HEAD COACH material? I guess you people really want to stay 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7 for the next five years...going nowhere but getting a crappy draft pick just like this year!

Comment

• With our luck, Snyder will throw 20 million dollars at Phillips to go to Washington and become Snyders personal waterboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase
                  Originally posted by D-Unit

Just out of curiousity, why not a successful college coach?
                  The success rate is very low.

The game... the approach... the mentality... the players mentality... the owner vs the athletic director... the experience... not having coached against other NFL teams... it can be too much for a lot of great college coaches.

Comment

• Hmm I wonder what Denver Bronco fans, Falcon and Bills fans have to say about the wonderful job that Phillips did in those places going all the way back to 1994? Hmmm.......Head coach of the most visable team in all of Football? Well..If Gailey can............................

Comment

• My Cowboys Big Board.

1. DeMarcus Tyler - After weighing in at the Senior Bowl at 6'2", 323, I'm in love!!!

2. Reggie Nelson - Becoming unrealistic, but still would be a great grab.

3. Daymeion Hughes - Been my #1 CB prospect since preseason... and he's done nothing to disappoint.

4. Adam Carriker - Marcus Spears is a nice role player.

5. Jarvis Moss - Lot of reasons to like this guy.

Comment

• I'm not against a college coach.. I think that we have to take 2 good coordinators too..we need a 3-4 guru..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

My Cowboys Big Board.

1. DeMarcus Tyler - After weighing in at the Senior Bowl at 6'2", 323, I'm in love!!!

2. Reggie Nelson - Becoming unrealistic, but still would be a great grab.

3. Daymeion Hughes - Been my #1 CB prospect since preseason... and he's done nothing to disappoint.

4. Adam Carriker - Marcus Spears is a nice role player.

5. Jarvis Moss - Lot of reasons to like this guy.
                          323 huh? Nice. I am a Jarvis Moss fan. I think he'll be a better pro than college player.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                          Albert Camus

Comment

• well i must say im surprised. not that parcells left but that more of you parcell supporters arent mad. heres a guy who took this job saying this was like coaching theyankees. this was his biggest challenge and he wanted to create another legacy. bottom line is we stayed mediocre under parcells. he came here to do a job and didnt finish the job. he abandoned us and took his time doing it. i say see you later bye.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• would the universe explode if TexMex got in an argument with cowboysforever/iameverywhere? I think it might - at the very least - crash the server. Thoughts?
                              Originally posted by 21ST
                              He was protecting his self
                              Originally posted by tjsunstein
                              From what? His leg?
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Whatever we do I believe we have to keep the 3-4. We have spent the last few years reconfiguring this defensive lineup for the 3-4 and it would mean sacrificing almost 2 more seasons to get it back to the 4-3. That would mean wasting prime years of quite a few players' careers, i.e. DeMarcus Ware and Terrence Newman. We have got to stick to the 3-4, no question.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information