Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak? Who wants to take a leak? Not me! ...I just went.

Yeah, Leak was a name discussed as an option before Romo-mania... So what? He went back to college and proved that he is a so so prospect. Yeah, he's worth a 4th round value... but not for us! His arm is way to weak.
    Jacobs was also only an option pre-Romo, so I still don't undertsand how it's any different for you to have wanted Leak and for me to have wanted Jacobs. Neither is going to happen, and I wouldn't want either of them.
    "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888
      Originally posted by thule
      Again Schefter is reporting that a coach with 3-4 experience is a big factor when addressing the position.

We really don't have anything to promote from the inside but Tony Soprano is the only candidate that has a chance.
      I can't see anyone with no experience even as a coordinator being our next head coach when we can attract a number of great coaches and coordinators...
      Schefter is short material.. He will pass along a ham sandwich with mustard as news.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        Originally posted by thule
        Again Schefter is reporting that a coach with 3-4 experience is a big factor when addressing the position.

We really don't have anything to promote from the inside but Tony Soprano is the only candidate that has a chance.
        Where are these links? Or is this another hoax...

Or did you just find this on another board and they didn't post the link???

Don't worry, you're still E-cool.
        He is reporting on NFL Network :shock:

Comment

• Originally posted by iameverywhere
          I want to go on record saying Tom Zbikowski nor Chris Leak will amount to anything in the NFL. Yucky (the technical term eludes me) is my description of both guys in the Pros. Rather take a flyer on a small school guy with talent.
          Well, if you're willing to wait that long to gain some E-creditabilty in this forum, then more power to ya!

I for one am willing to go on record saying DeMonte Fitzgerald will never amount to anything in the NFL. I can see my E-status growing as we speak!

Comment

Originally posted by iameverywhere
            I want to go on record saying Tom Zbikowski nor Chris Leak will amount to anything in the NFL. Yucky (the technical term eludes me) is my description of both guys in the Pros. Rather take a flyer on a small school guy with talent.
            Well, if you're willing to wait that long to gain some E-creditabilty in this forum, then more power to ya!

I for one am willing to go on record saying DeMonte Fitzgerald will never amount to anything in the NFL. I can see my E-status growing as we speak!
            How about Brady Quinn being a bust. Would that be a better prediction?

Give me any player and I will give you an A,C, or F grade.

You can store it then eat the paper you print it out on when 75% of it is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
              Leak? Who wants to take a leak? Not me! ...I just went.

Yeah, Leak was a name discussed as an option before Romo-mania... So what? He went back to college and proved that he is a so so prospect. Yeah, he's worth a 4th round value... but not for us! His arm is way to weak.
              Jacobs was also only an option pre-Romo, so I still don't undertsand how it's any different for you to have wanted Leak and for me to have wanted Jacobs. Neither is going to happen, and I wouldn't want either of them.
              The difference is you put all your chips in his basket and hounded us to the ground on why the Cowboys should take him.

Comment

Originally posted by CTCowboysFan

The difference is you put all your chips in his basket and hounded us to the ground on why the Cowboys should take him.
                Weren't you the one who said Ellis getting injured would help the team in 2006? You know what they about glass houses.....

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
                  well theres no changing the mind of a man with a man crush :D glad you are happy with the just above .500 record he brought us the last four years with the two playoff losses. imo the parcell years were a failure and iyo he was a genius. agree to disagree. btw i posted the henning hoax a few pages back.
                  Man crush? That's putting it lightly.. I lost my left nut when Parcells said he's retiring.

That one 6-10 season totally skewed his winning percentage, but he's not dodging it, and he could probably care less of what the critics think, so why should I?

I'm with him.... we're above that nonsense.

The last 4 years were PURE MISERY!!!!! OH HALELUJA!!!! PRAISE THE GOOD LORD!!! HE'S GONE!!! Let's bring in someone who is sure to do a better job!!! On to greener pastures!!! Just show us the way pocketace! :D

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit

Weren't you the one who said Ellis getting injured would help the team in 2006? You know what they about glass houses.....
                    No, I was not the one who said that. I believe it was BBD.

...and I'm not the one hiding my identity... so what was that about glass houses???

Comment

• Here is SI's list of possible Cowboys coaches:

Wade Phillips
                      Bill Cowher
                      Houston Nutt
                      Charlie Weiss
                      Bob Stoops
                      Norv Turner
                      Tony Sparano
                      Pete Carroll
                      Ron Rivera
                      Mike Singletary

The only guy we haven't really discussed is Weiss...what do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by pocketaces
                        well theres no changing the mind of a man with a man crush :D glad you are happy with the just above .500 record he brought us the last four years with the two playoff losses. imo the parcell years were a failure and iyo he was a genius. agree to disagree. btw i posted the henning hoax a few pages back.
                        Man crush? That's putting it lightly.. I lost my left nut when Parcells said he's retiring.

That one 6-10 season totally skewed his winning percentage, but he's not dodging it, and he could probably care less of what the critics think, so why should I?

The last 4 years were PURE MISERY!!!!! OH HALELUJA!!!! PRAISE THE GOOD LORD!!! HE'S GONE!!! Let's bring in someone who is sure to do a better job!!! On to greener pastures!!! Just show us the way pocketace! :D
                        Replacing Parcells will not be easy. Just read Woodie's comments ....

3. Does his 34-32 record with Dallas tarnish his legacy?

Darren Woodson: No, not at all. When Parcells came in he changed the culture around the Cowboys and brought in a winning attitude. His first year we ended up 10-6 and you can't even compare the talent we had back then to the talent they have now. He has changed the culture not only with the players, but with the entire organization as far as the scouting department and coaching staff. I guarantee you Jerry Jones has learned a lot from him the past several years. From top to bottom, the organization is in a better spot now than when he arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by iameverywhere

No, I was not the one who said that. I believe it was BBD.

...and I'm not the one hiding my identity... so what was that about glass houses???
                          D-Unit as admin and resident Police Officer I am 100% SURE if I was a duplicate poster you would have banned me already.

Plus, with all your aliases you should talk. I think you are Thule, DMW, and a few others but I don't care either way.....

Comment

well hold on tight to that right one then :? the bad thing is if jerry makes the right hire and this person does do well everybody will be saying he did it with parcells talent. same thing they said about barry with jimmys talent. with the talent thats here it shouldnt be too hard for the coach to be succesful. we shall see.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces

well hold on tight to that right one then :? the bad thing is if jerry makes the right hire and this person does do well everybody will be saying he did it with parcells talent. same thing they said about barry with jimmys talent. with the talent thats here it shouldnt be too hard for the coach to be succesful. we shall see.
                              Other than TO, Adams, Ellis and Roy Williams -- this is entirely Parcell's team.

Comment

Other than TO, Adams, Ellis and Roy Williams -- this is entirely Parcell's team.
                                how can that be when he wasnt part of the first two drafts? or so its been posted here before

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information