Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Singeltary but, I dont really believe he will even be considered for the position. Call it a hunch or whatever, I think Jerry is looking for more of an experienced guy. I would welcome Mike with open arms but, I dont find it very likely. I personally would prefer Wade Phillips and find that more plausible.

For the record, D-Unit has been pulling for Singeltary or Whisenhunt for a very long time for those skeptics out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• WTF??? WTF??? WTF???

As a 49ers fan, Mike Singletary is one of the few bright spots I have as a 49ers fan. Please dont take that away. Thank you.

As for who your next HC will be, here's my guess, USC HC Pete Carroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
        Oh I forgot something... lets say we sign Phillips, I would not be surprised to see him hire former, coachmate... Dan Reeves as our Offensive coord.

HeadCoach: Phillips
        O. Coord: Reeves
        D. Coord: Manusky

That would be an excellent staff imo but, I'm not too sure if i'd want Reeves. That being said I wouldnt be surprised at all if this were to unfold like this.

I've been gazing into my crystal ball for this one. :D
        I'd prefer Martz as OC. :D

But along with you, Phillips is my #1 guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
          I like Singeltary but, I dont really believe he will even be considered for the position. Call it a hunch or whatever, I think Jerry is looking for more of an experienced guy. I would welcome Mike with open arms but, I dont find it very likely. I personally would prefer Wade Phillips and find that more plausible.

For the record, D-Unit has been pulling for Singeltary or Whisenhunt for a very long time for those skeptics out there.
          Singletary doesn't have to be your first choice... for you to be in the petition.

Whaddaya say? :D

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733
            WTF??? WTF??? WTF???

As a 49ers fan, Mike Singletary is one of the few bright spots I have as a 49ers fan. Please dont take that away. Thank you.

As for who your next HC will be, here's my guess, USC HC Pete Carroll.
            You got a good one sitting in your corner... Don't cha...

Mike wants to be a HC pretty badly, however... So I don't know how much longer you guys can keep him in your stable.

Comment

• Was watching Sportscenter's clip on Parcells' media press conferences...

FUNNY AS HELL!!!

My favorite was his one on answering what TO's status is during the preseason...

"What's his status? His status is... that when he takes his shirt off, he looks like a male model"... LMAO!!! Maybe it was the look on his face when he said it, but I laughed for about 2 minutes straight! LOL!

Comment

• I'm on the Singletary bandwagon as I'm sure you know.

But I do have some questions. He's only been coaching for 4 years...that is something thats not to attractive to me. How does he evaluate both sides of the team offense/defense. He has never been a coordinator. That is something that really worries me. I think he is a great guy...but I would be really worried about having him as our HC right away. We would definately need to bring in some experienced guys to help him out.

I wonder if guys like Norv Turner and Jim Bates would be interested in coordinator jobs under him. This is what worries me.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                  I'm on the Singletary bandwagon as I'm sure you know.

But I do have some questions. He's only been coaching for 4 years...that is something thats not to attractive to me. How does he evaluate both sides of the team offense/defense. He has never been a coordinator. That is something that really worries me. I think he is a great guy...but I would be really worried about having him as our HC right away. We would definately need to bring in some experienced guys to help him out.

I wonder if guys like Norv Turner and Jim Bates would be interested in coordinator jobs under him. This is what worries me.
                  He is currently assistant HC for the Niners as well as their Defense Coach. Having HC experience really does not concern me as much as it used to. It's a common thing nowdays.. Look no further than Sean Payton... There is long if you care to research it. Singletary is a man of passion and he really wants to get a HC job. I have no doubt that he can bring it.

http://www.sf49ers.com/team/coaches_detail.php?PRKey=16
                  Mike Singletary enters his second year with the 49ers and first as the assistant head coach/defense. Singletary was elevated to the post after serving one season as the assistant head coach/linebackers, the position he was named to on January 21, 2005.

A proven teacher who values work ethic and discipline, the 49ers linebackers played well this past season under Singletary’s direction. LB Derek Smith led the team with 163 tackles. Additionally, LB Brandon Moore finished second on team with 93 tackles and five sacks in only 10 starts and former 49ers LB Julian Peterson was chosen as a Pro Bowl alternate.

Singletary teamed with 49ers head coach Mike Nolan as the Baltimore Ravens inside linebackers coach for two seasons. Players have flourished under his tutelage, including Ray Lewis, who earned 2003 NFL Defensive Player of the Year honors. Under Singletary, the inside linebackers at Baltimore finished first and second in tackles in each of his seasons coaching the position. He was also part of a coaching staff that directed the Ravens defense to a third overall finish in 2003 and sixth overall in 2004.

After coaching under Nolan’s defensive staff for just two seasons, Singletary’s wisdom and commanding respect sent impressionable waves throughout the organization and team. When Nolan took his first head coaching position in San Francisco, Singletary’s character was a key cog in forming his coaching staff.

“Mike is one of the best leaders and teachers that I have ever been associated with,” Nolan said. “Mike teaches with great passion and great energy; two things that are very important, I think, to being a successful teacher. There are not too many people that command the respect that Mike does the minute he walks into a room.

“In Baltimore, Mike coached possibly the best linebacking corps in the NFL in Ray Lewis, Eddie Hartwell, Terrell Suggs and Peter Boulware. As a player, there are probably way too many things to list on Mike, but two things that stand out to me are his very successful 12-year NFL career and in 1998, his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.”

In 2001, Singletary won the Walter Camp’s “Man of the Year Award,” based on his reputation for integrity and leadership within his profession and contributions benefiting his community, country and fellow man. He also co-founded Leadership Zone, a company that provides leadership training.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                    Originally posted by thule

He is currently assistant HC for the Niners as well as the LB coach. Having HC experience really does not concern me as much as it used to. It's a common thing nowdays.. Look no further than Sean Payton... There is long if you care to research it. Singletary is a man of passion and he really wants to get a HC job. I have no doubt that he can bring it.
                    But guys like Peyton and Mangini were coordinators at some point before they were appointed head coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                      Originally posted by D-Unit

He is currently assistant HC for the Niners as well as the LB coach. Having HC experience really does not concern me as much as it used to. It's a common thing nowdays.. Look no further than Sean Payton... There is long if you care to research it. Singletary is a man of passion and he really wants to get a HC job. I have no doubt that he can bring it.
                      But guys like Peyton and Mangini were coordinators at some point before they were appointed head coaches.
                      Yeah, but were they Assistant Head Coaches? Besides, I'm not exactly sure what the Niners homepage meant when they listed Singletary as their Defense Coach. They didn't have a Defensive Coordinator position... Isn't that the same thing? I dunno...

By the time Mike does have all that coordinator and jazz experience, he'll be scooped up by someone else... We're looking for a coach now... We should grab him now.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                        Originally posted by D-Unit

Yeah, but were they Assistant Head Coaches? Besides, I'm not exactly sure what the Niners homepage meant when they listed Singletary as their Defense Coach. They didn't have a Defensive Coordinator position... Isn't that the same thing? I dunno...

By the time Mike does have all that coordinator and jazz experience, he'll be scooped up by someone else... We're looking for a coach now... We should grab him now.
                        Billy Davis was the D cordinator the last two years I believe in SF and was fired right at the beginning of January if my memory serves me right.

Singletary has never been anything more then a assistant head coach and linebackers coach.

Comment

• [quote="pocketaces"]
                          Originally posted by iameverywhere
                          Funny to read the comments on this board about Bill being a failure or doing a bad job. What a joke.

With the coaching carousel in this league and Jerry Jones managing a revolving door of his very own (4 in 12 years?) how do you expect to win or build anything meaningful?

Took Cowher 15. Took Belichick some time including an abject failure in Cleveland.

Fans think winning (or even getting to) a SB is like waving a magic wand.

I wish Tom Landry would be here to dispel the supreme ignorance of these alleged Cowboy fans.[/q

PARCELLS QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jerry wanted him back.
                          Well, the latest report is Jerry "set up a few ground rules for Bill for next year." Bill thought about it and quit.

So, Jerry wants him back is repitition. Jerry wanted Bill back ding what Jerry wanted.

Why else the reprots of Jimmy Sexton working on an extension and thos now worthless Airplane Tickets to Mobile?

Get over yourself pocketaces. Repeating something that does not make sense is still repeating nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by fryman
                            I don't think Al Groh has been mentioned. Anybody think he will get a look?

not really saying I want him, but it seems like he is somebody Jerry would look at.
                            It was mentioned earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
                              Originally posted by iameverywhere
                              Originally posted by pocketaces
                              this from Frank Luksa

The four-year Parcells era is easily classified. He built a better team and left a bigger mess.

Hiring Parcells was hailed as a masterstroke, and it turned out not to be. Judged by reputation and expectation, the Parcells era was keenly disappointing. It expires on a morose note and fades away like his teams did in December. In the final reckoning, his presence here amounted to nothing special.
                              All the Dallas Media hates Parcells. I would not expect much from those idiots in respect to Bill.

again with the media spin because it doesnt jive with what you think. let them say one thing in YOUR favor or thinking and youll be quoting them all over the place.
                              That is false. Actually the national media's coverage of Parcells performance is fair. They say it was half done. I agree. He fixed the entire management structure, found talent and developed talent. Remember the Woodson quote saying the whole Cowboys organization was a mess and Parcells fixed EVERYTHING. But let us ignore what knowledgable folks with no ax to grind are saying.

The Dallas Media hates Parcells because they want lap dog press conferences. They want some idiot who tells them everything they want to hear. I read it everyday. You going to tell me Matt Mosley knows football? Jean Jacque Taylor?

I read a JJT article that said Parcells wants simple schemes because that way he can control players actions on the field? Huh? That is stupid. Less complicated is less control but don't let that get in the way of a hate Parcells article. I iz an impoohtant righter anz hate Parcells cuz he ain't likez TO and dizrespectz us." Come on, a fair minded person can read between the lines.

Parcells has been despised by the media because he never became one of them. Parcells was big time when he got there, he refused to be a clown to kiss their butt, and will be big time long after he leaves.

It just kills them because the local beat guys, like Matt Mosley, will sliver back to anonimity dreaming of ESPN jobs and even lobbying for them on the Cowboys website.

LOL. The loser yesterday where Cowboy fans who could see beyond the day-to-day to the next season and beyond.

Comment

• whether we agree on Parcells or not is qute honestly a moot point at this stage.

My question is, how does this effect FA and the draft for you guys?

I would assume that with JJ at complete control again, youre gonna go after big name guys and popular draft names without any method to the madness once again. This can dramatically effect the big board and FA.

Now, I all of a sudden expect you guys to go after Samuel in FA, and I expect whatever name establishes themself at the combine as a "workout warrior" to become a favorite of Jones. So who knows what kind of direction the team is in.

Thats what I want to know. The stuff that pertains to the future. And how they handle the post Parcells era.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information