Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we could get Norm Chow as our OC, Tony Romo would turn into Troy Aikman. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
      Originally posted by pocketaces
      more from jjt...

jlust22: Previously, Jerry has said the organization is committed to
      running the 3-4 defense regardless of who the coach is. Do you think
      Jerry is still married to the 3-4 and is the Cowboys personnel only equipped to play that scheme or are they versatile enough to play the 4-3?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Good question. The personnel is really suited to play the 3-4, especially if you want to get the most of the talent. The defense, when played properly, is excellent because of the varied ways you can rush the passer. The Cowboys played the most basic 3-4 in NFL history.

DanB: Heard Ditka talking about Mike Singletary. Any chance? Good idea?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Someone is going to give him an opportunity because he's such a fantastic leader of men based on everything you hear. But I don't think Jerry is going to be the one to do it.

Coach Potato: I agree with your column regarding Parcells. Let's not forget he had high drafts picks and tons of salary cap room all four seasons. What average coach couldn't make due with that?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Here's the deal: Parcells was brought here to be great - not average. The expectations were high based on his success with other teams. No coach with his background could possibly be happy with a 34-32 record and no playoff wins. It is what it is.
      Quoting a journalist??? LMAO!!! Getting desperate!
      hahaha nice very very nice :D read this if you want the truth. but it will hurt your feelings.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...l.1b6c1c7.html

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        Originally posted by LICowboyFan
        I think Bill Parcells is a good coach but I also think he is a little overated. He is great at turning teams around and evaluating talent. But he is not that good at the Xs and Os on game day. If he stayed I would of been ok with it but it is time to move on.

Here are the rumors I am hearing:

Dan Reeves - In great shape and has gotten his competitive edge back. Also is a Landry disciple.

Wade Phillips - I do not like him at all.

Charlie Weiss - Only team in the NFL he can sign with without having to buy out his contract is the Cowboys (So I heard)

Pete Carroll - I doubt he will leave USC.

Bill Bates - great job as DC at Green Bay and is now the assistand HC in Denver

Ron Rivera - I love him but he plays the 4-3. I like the 4-3 much better than the 3-4.

Jeff Fisher - signed with the Titans today. Damn!

Lovi Smith - Believe it or not. Lovi wants a contract extension for $5m/year. Chicago is only offering $2.7m/year. Jerry is a good friend of Lovi and reportly has said he would offer lovi $5-$7m/year. It looks like Chicago would rather lose Lovi than Ron Rivera.
        Lots of good candidates out there... Hopefully Jerry picks a good one. Although my favorite is Singletary, I would support any of those names except Reeves. lol.
        I agree, there are still lots of quality names. The spin that the delay is hurting us just does not stand the test of reality.

Concern with Lovie and Rivera ... are we scrapping the 3-4 and "starting over" as Greg Ellis pointed out to be the major risk with a new coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces
          Originally posted by D-Unit
          more from jjt...

Jerry is still married to the 3-4 and is the Cowboys personnel only equipped to play that scheme or are they versatile enough to play the 4-3?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Good question. The personnel is really suited to play the 3-4, especially if you want to get the most of the talent. The defense, when played properly, is excellent because of the varied ways you can rush the passer. The Cowboys played the most basic 3-4 in NFL history.

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Someone is going to give him an opportunity because he's such a fantastic leader of men based on everything you hear. But I don't think Jerry is going to be the one to do it.

Coach Potato: I agree with your column regarding Parcells. Let's not forget he had high drafts picks and tons of salary cap room all four seasons. What average coach couldn't make due with that?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Here's the deal: Parcells was brought here to be great - not average. The expectations were high based on his success with other teams. No coach with his background could possibly be happy with a 34-32 record and no playoff wins. It is what it is.
          hahaha nice very very nice :D read this if you want the truth. but it will hurt your feelings.

JJT? Mr I love me some TO. Or better yet the same guy who said Parcells runs a simple scheme so he can better control the players. Huh???? Reality check.

JJT is doing a lynching and he should know what that looks like. Reminds me of Deion Sanders with less intellect and money.

Why don't you find the Todd Archer articles. You know, Todd Archer, the guy Parcells actually referred to by name and would not berate.

Comment

• I think it's crazy that the Raiders had such a hard time finding a HC.

There are sooooo many good candidates out there! I'm excited to see who we land.

Comment

• Originally posted by iameverywhere
              more from jjt...

JJT? Mr I love me some TO. Or better yet the same guy who said Parcells runs a simple scheme so he can better control the players. Huh???? Reality check.

JJT is doing a lynching and he should know what that looks like. Reminds me of Deion Sanders with less intellect and money.

Why don't you find the Todd Archer articles. You know, Todd Archer, the guy Parcells actually referred to by name and would not berate.
              hey buddy i warned you it was going to hurt your feelings. the truth hurts.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

Originally posted by iameverywhere
                more from jjt...

Gregg Ellis said "I think he got the most out of the team. (pause) I think he did the best he could do given what he was working with (pause) that is just the best I can answer that question."

Reporter, "Does his 34-32 record with Dallas tarnish his legacy?" Darren Woodson replied "No, not at all. When Parcells came in he changed the culture around the Cowboys and brought in a winning attitude. His first year we ended up 10-6 and you can't even compare the talent we had back then to the talent they have now. He has changed the culture not only with the players, but with the entire organization as far as the scouting department and coaching staff. I guarantee you Jerry Jones has learned a lot from him the past several years. From top to bottom, the organization is in a better spot now than when he arrived."

Todd Archer, DMN "After looking at the game again, the Seahawks played Cover 2 the whole time and middle linebacker Lofa Tatupu played deeper than the safeties down the middle of the field. The Cowboys could not hold off Seattle's pass rush long enough to get the ball down the field much, and maybe you noticed Tony Romo bounce four passes in the first quarter. That may have led to the coaches calling off some of the deep balls."

THEN WE ALL TIME A*HOLE -- I WISH HE HAD DROPPED IN OCTOBER -- I REALLY HATE HIM NOW>>>

"Sometimes change is good," Owens told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Monday. "I think it was needed."

CATCH THE ****** BALL ALLIGATOR ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, this what this is all about Jerry Jones and His Plastic Big Talking Players versus the BP guys who perfrom.

Comment

more from jjt...

Sorry to hurt yours but JJT should be cutting my lawn. He can't even speak english properly. Sad but true.

Comment

more from jjt...

Sorry to hurt yours but JJT should be cutting my lawn. He can't even speak english properly. Sad but true.
                    nawwww you just cant read english properly :? :?

Comment

• Originally posted by LICowboyFan
                      Lovi Smith - Believe it or not. Lovi wants a contract extension for $5m/year. Chicago is only offering $2.7m/year. Jerry is a good friend of Lovi and reportly has said he would offer lovi $5-$7m/year. It looks like Chicago would rather lose Lovi than Ron Rivera.
                      Where did you get this information?

I personally would rather have Rivera, but I don't think the Bears FO feels that way.

And money won't be an issue with Lovie. We are one of the most profitable franchises in the NFL, much like the Cowboys. They just wanted Lovie to win a game in the playoffs before they gave him a big contract extension.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Rick Gosselin is promoting jim caldwell. just ignore anything anti parcells in this article.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/buzzbar/s...n.d162f1c.html

Comment

more from jjt...

LOL, ya. Keep dreamin. For every idiot reporter BP disrespected who has an ax to grind -- I will find 2 players who speak highly of him. So ... c ya.

Comment

Rick Gosselin is promoting jim caldwell. just ignore anything anti parcells in this article.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/buzzbar/s...n.d162f1c.html
                            This is why Gosselin is also grinding an ax -- read this falsehood

"Parcells constructed a team that leaned heavily on veteran players, much as Joe Gibbs has done at Washington in his second go-round. Gibbs won three Super Bowls in the pre-salary cap era and Parcells two. You could afford to start older players and carry veteran backups under the old system. But not under the new system."

Where are all the veteran players BP built the team on? Romo? Ware? James? Williams? Newman? TO? Oh yeah, TO was Jerry Jones.

Parcells was murdered for getting rid of the veterans from the 1990s and early 2000 (Allen, Emmitt, Coakley, Glover, etc) and now he only like Old Players?

These guys are just really biased. They are not doing any fact checking. They are simply repeating the old negative comments about Bill Parcells in spite of their inaccuracy.

And the idiot fans like Pocket Aces (sorry for the insult) just go and repeat it with as much thought as the Zerox.

Comment

more from jjt...

LOL, ya. Keep dreamin. For every idiot reporter BP disrespected who has an ax to grind -- I will find 2 players who speak highly of him. So ... c ya.
                              LMAO... bring whatever you want because the bottom line is no matter if you love him, hate him or sleep with him, the failure known as the parcells era is over!! hopfully the next coach will properly use the talent that is here and we can move on from this debacle. big bill made his money and moved on and you should too.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                                Originally posted by LICowboyFan
                                Where did you get this information?

I personally would rather have Rivera, but I don't think the Bears FO feels that way.

And money won't be an issue with Lovie. We are one of the most profitable franchises in the NFL, much like the Cowboys. They just wanted Lovie to win a game in the playoffs before they gave him a big contract extension.

Ed Werder from ESPN reported it today on WFAN in New York. According to Ed the Bears will not give Lovi his $5m/year. Maybe they will change their mind if the Bears win the Super Bowl. But it sounds like they are more high on Ron Rivera. I would rather have Rivera as well.

Thanks to Jakey for the sweet sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information