Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by iameverywhere
    Originally posted by pocketaces
    Rick Gosselin is promoting jim caldwell. just ignore anything anti parcells in this article.

    http://www.cowboysplus.com/buzzbar/s...n.d162f1c.html
    This is why Gosselin is also grinding an ax -- read this falsehood

    "Parcells constructed a team that leaned heavily on veteran players, much as Joe Gibbs has done at Washington in his second go-round. Gibbs won three Super Bowls in the pre-salary cap era and Parcells two. You could afford to start older players and carry veteran backups under the old system. But not under the new system."

    Where are all the veteran players BP built the team on? Romo? Ware? James? Williams? Newman? TO? Oh yeah, TO was Jerry Jones.

    Parcells was murdered for getting rid of the veterans from the 1990s and early 2000 (Allen, Emmitt, Coakley, Glover, etc) and now he only like Old Players?

    These guys are just really biased. They are not doing any fact checking. They are simply repeating the old negative comments about Bill Parcells in spite of their inaccuracy.

    And the idiot fans like Pocket Aces (sorry for the insult) just go and repeat it with as much thought as the Zerox.
    dude did you miss the part where i said ignore the anti parcells in this article? once again the media hates parcells and they all have an axe to grind. GROW UP, nobody hates parcells he just didnt get the job done. i know that hurts your feelings but its a fact. you must have missed this from that same article that your quoting.

    Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December.

    what part of that isnt true?




    The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

    Comment


    • Another Gosselin idiocy: "Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December."

      Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 4 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.44. Starters Avg Age 27 --

      Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up Avrage Age 26.22
      Chicago Bears: 4 over 30, Average age is 26.63

      Comment


      • dup .... sorry

        Comment


        • Originally posted by iameverywhere
          Another Gosselin idiocy: "Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December."

          Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 4 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.44. Starters Avg Age 27 --

          Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up Avrage Age whole team 26.22
          Chicago Bears: 4 over 30, Average age whole team is 26.63
          sorry

          Comment


          • Originally posted by pocketaces
            Originally posted by iameverywhere
            Originally posted by pocketaces
            Rick Gosselin is promoting jim caldwell. just ignore anything anti parcells in this article.

            http://www.cowboysplus.com/buzzbar/s...n.d162f1c.html
            This is why Gosselin is also grinding an ax -- read this falsehood

            "Parcells constructed a team that leaned heavily on veteran players, much as Joe Gibbs has done at Washington in his second go-round. Gibbs won three Super Bowls in the pre-salary cap era and Parcells two. You could afford to start older players and carry veteran backups under the old system. But not under the new system."

            Where are all the veteran players BP built the team on? Romo? Ware? James? Williams? Newman? TO? Oh yeah, TO was Jerry Jones.

            Parcells was murdered for getting rid of the veterans from the 1990s and early 2000 (Allen, Emmitt, Coakley, Glover, etc) and now he only like Old Players?

            These guys are just really biased. They are not doing any fact checking. They are simply repeating the old negative comments about Bill Parcells in spite of their inaccuracy.

            And the idiot fans like Pocket Aces (sorry for the insult) just go and repeat it with as much thought as the Zerox.
            dude did you miss the part where i said ignore the anti parcells in this article? once again the media hates parcells and they all have an axe to grind. GROW UP, nobody hates parcells he just didnt get the job done. i know that hurts your feelings but its a fact. you must have missed this from that same article that your quoting.

            Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December.

            what part of that isnt true?
            The whole paragraph from Gosselin is an idiocy.

            Where did this myth get started that we have an old team?

            From signing Tony Parrish and benching Bledsoe? Or better yet, from playing "the weapons he did not utilize" in 30++++ Terry Glenn and TO.

            But makes no difference -- Gosselin made it up and it is true. No matter that other teams have the same demographics we do.

            Comment


            • dup

              sorry

              Comment


              • dup ... sorry

                Comment


                • are you looking to break the NFLDC Forum record for most posts in a row?

                  oops sorry

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by iameverywhere
                    Originally posted by iameverywhere
                    Another Gosselin idiocy: "Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December."

                    Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 4 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.44. Starters Avg Age 27 --

                    Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up Avrage Age whole team 26.22
                    Chicago Bears: 4 over 30, Average age whole team is 26.63
                    sorry
                    ummmm do they start playing football in december? how about starting in sept. when the rest of the teams start. oh wait cant do that because it wouldnt fit your needs. did you forget about bledsoe? how about flozell..see moron (sorry for the insult) do your homework before you come back here with that weak @zz crap. im sure goose knows more about whats going on the either of us.




                    The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                    Comment


                    • Next season the Cowboys need to improve the following with number 1 being the most important:

                      1. Pass rush
                      2. Offense Line
                      3. Free Safety

                      The Cowboys have not had a dominant pass rusher since Charles Haley. I don't care how many sacks some of the Cowboys players have had the past couple of seasons. I think sacks is a overrated stat. We need a player that can rush the QB or create problems every play. Ware is a great player and I love him but right now he is not getting a consistent pass rush. Mainly because teams are double teaming him as Spears and Canty have no pass rush at all. The Cowboys defensive backs are solid except for Free Safety. They were beat all season mainly due to a terrible pass rush.

                      Who do you upgrade or replace? Will Ellis be back next season and can we expect the same Ellis?

                      Thanks to Jakey for the sweet sig

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by iameverywhere
                        Another Gosselin idiocy: "Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December."

                        Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 5 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn, Flo, and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.4 -- Starters Avg Age 27.1

                        Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up -- Average Age 26.2 -- Starters Avg 27.5

                        Chicago Bears: 4 over 30 -- Average age is 26.6 -- Avg Starters 28.0

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pocketaces
                          Originally posted by iameverywhere
                          Originally posted by iameverywhere
                          Another Gosselin idiocy: "Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December."

                          Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 4 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.44. Starters Avg Age 27 --

                          Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up Avrage Age whole team 26.22
                          Chicago Bears: 4 over 30, Average age whole team is 26.63
                          sorry
                          ummmm do they start playing football in december? how about starting in sept. when the rest of the teams start. oh wait cant do that because it wouldnt fit your needs. did you forget about bledsoe? how about flozell..see moron (sorry for the insult) do your homework before you come back here with that weak @zz crap. im sure goose knows more about whats going on the either of us.
                          So you would count Bledsoe and Singleton as starters?

                          To me, even with TO and Glenn this team is younger than the Bears and Indy. Imagine if we shuttle off TO. Average age drops by 0.5.

                          Look Goose, got it wrong. We are a young team that is mistake prone and not yet tough. Not a veteran team he claims as evience of a Parcells failure on the personnel front.

                          You and Goose need to go to College and take Logic 101 class. They teach you the difference between facts, opinions, opinions backed up by facts and baseless opinions.

                          You are baseless opinion and that was not Goose's best effort sorry to say.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LICowboyFan
                            Next season the Cowboys need to improve the following with number 1 being the most important:

                            1. Pass rush
                            2. Offense Line
                            3. Free Safety

                            The Cowboys have not had a dominant pass rusher since Charles Haley. I don't care how many sacks some of the Cowboys players have had the past couple of seasons. I think sacks is a overrated stat. We need a player that can rush the QB or create problems every play. Ware is a great player and I love him but right now he is not getting a consistent pass rush. Mainly because teams are double teaming him as Spears and Canty have no pass rush at all. The Cowboys defensive backs are solid except for Free Safety. They were beat all season mainly due to a terrible pass rush.

                            Who do you upgrade or replace? Will Ellis be back next season and can we expect the same Ellis?
                            Well Ellis is signed through '09 and I doubt we are going to cut him or trade him so the answer to the first part is yes he will be back. I do not think you can expect the same from Ellis in '07. I think Hatcher deserves a starting spot over Spears. The age situations that need to be addressed (which have been mentioned quite a bit): #1. Marco Rivera, RG. #2. Jason Ferguson, NT. #3 Aaron Glenn, CB. #4. TO/Terry Glenn, WRs. All of which need to be addressed through the '07 draft imo.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by iameverywhere
                              Originally posted by iameverywhere
                              Another Gosselin idiocy: "Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December."

                              Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 5 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn, Flo, and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.4 -- Starters Avg Age 27.1

                              Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up -- Average Age 26.2 -- Starters Avg 27.5

                              Chicago Bears: 4 over 30 -- Average age is 26.6 -- Avg Starters 28.0
                              changing your mind so soon lol




                              The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by bigmac076
                                are you looking to break the NFLDC Forum record for most posts in a row?

                                oops sorry
                                Sorry man, I screwed up with the buttons. My damn mouse is floating on me some. Gotta clean the track ball but the amount of false reporting, lack of fact checking and horrid bias drives me nuts.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information