This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
    your probably not even old enough to remember Garrett's clipboard holding ginger face.
    What does that have to do with anything? Why can't you be mature for once?
    Was I being immature?

The point is you say stuff like this...
    He was 6-2 and around 200 pounds so his size is similar to that of Romo, and I feel like he would relate well to Tony.
    Garrett was nothing more then a smart player. He was really smart but never really had the physical skills to excel in a starting QB position. His play in no way/shape/form resembles the way Romo plays.

Garrett was also a quarterback for the Giants while Sean Payton was there and itÂ’s said Sean thinks very highly of him.
    Every coach liked Garrett. I mean a player with that type of smarts is pretty hard not to like. But outside of his smarts he really didn't give anything to coaches on the playing field.

You act like Garrett was a good QB in his day. This is why I come down on you questioning your true knowledge of Garrett as a qb. I mean you would think you would have had some prior knowledge to a person before jumping on the bandwagon as future dallas cowboys head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
      Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
      your probably not even old enough to remember Garrett's clipboard holding ginger face.
      What does that have to do with anything? Why can't you be mature for once?
      What DOES that have to do with anything? I expect all of you to argue with some logic and respect.
      Come on Ward do you honestly think I go after people and attack them without having logic to back it up? I would assume my past history would account for something when factoring in my posts.

Comment

• I think this is the way to go boys...

Big Wade

Manusky

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• I just heard some talking head on ESPN say that Mike Martz was on Jerry Jones' wish list.

While I do take ESPN with a grain of salt, allow me to be the first to say "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Comment

• Originally posted by BX
            I just heard some talking head on ESPN say that Mike Martz was on Jerry Jones' wish list.

While I do take ESPN with a grain of salt, allow me to be the first to say "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
            Double, Triple, Quadruple,
            AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

HELL NO, SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
              I think this is the way to go boys...

Big Wade

Manusky
              I think we gotta go this:

Ron Rivera HC

He's got a lot to like... and throw in the Hispanic popularity he'll have in Dallas...

Mike Singletary DC

Anyway to get Mike on the team makes me happy. I honestly do question his experience.... still would love him in any capacity as HC or DC.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                I think this is the way to go boys...

Big Wade

Manusky
                I think we gotta go this:

Ron Rivera HC

He's got a lot to like... and throw in the Hispanic popularity he'll have in Dallas...

Mike Singletary DC

Anyway to get Mike on the team makes me happy. I honestly do question his experience.... still would love him in any capacity as HC or DC.
                I'd be happy with that combo too.

As long as it doesnt involve this monstrosity.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                  Even though T.O. is an ass and is pretty much digging his grave deeper and deeper everyday, I still like him and would like him back but, if he is let go.......

I honestly believe Pat Crayton is ready to be the #1. I know many of you don't see him as a #1 kind of guy but, I personally do, I think he could be big time if you know what I mean. He's not the fastest but, he is an exceptional route runner with the best hands on our team. I think he's ready.

On a bit of a side discussion... i pray our new coach will keep around two of Parcells "young guns". Of course I am talking about Miles Austin and Sammy Hurd, they both contributed a lot to our team this season and I believe they each possess the skills to become great receivers in this league.
                  I agree with you... Owens hasn't been a big distraction for us, imo.. The medias always try to makebig stuff out of him and so on.. Like the suicide attempt.. But he hasn't been a problem for me.. He supported his teammates, and he didn't go after his qb..

I don't think Crayton will ever been a #1.. He's a very good number 3, but he's not a wr who demands a double coverage.. Maybe he should be a good number 2 but noi number 1, other defenses will not gameplan against him..
                  Those are the things that TO brings to a team.. You can't replace his production easily, he has scored 13 TD with one broken finger and with Bledsoe as his QB for 5 games..
                  I think that TO, with Romo, was the biggest reason why we have a very good offense.. We could run effectively in part because of TO,beacuse other teams didn't put 8 men in the box..
                  Do you think that we can replace him with Crayton, Hurd or Austin and everything will be okay?
                  We should draft a guy to develope under him and Glenn, but we need a gamebreaker as TO..
                  And I don't believe he will be an issue this year.. He's over 30 and he knows that Dallas is his last chance to win a super bowl.. He can't freak out, because he wants so bad a ring..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Do I need to start a "Keep Martz out of Texas" petition?

Comment

• Call me crazy, but I would welcome Martz with open arms. Offensive guru, and maybe he'd hire someone like Singletary as DC.

Comment

• Anyone else wonder if Henry gets moved to FS if his deal gets restructured...I think that has to be the first thing to happen in order for the move to be successful.

Comment

• ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Dallas Cowboys have requested permission from the San Diego Chargers to meet with defensive coordinator Wade Phillips regarding their vacant head coaching position.
                          John Clayton also reports this
                          The Cowboys are also seeking permission to speak with Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips.
                          My Fisher thought is no more.
                          "We haven't been contacted by Dallas," chief executive officer Steve Underwood said in a statement Tuesday. "In the event that we were, there are no circumstances that we would grant permission to the Cowboys to speak with Coach Fisher."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                            Call me crazy, but I would welcome Martz with open arms. Offensive guru, and maybe he'd hire someone like Singletary as DC.
                            Does he have any connection with Singletary?

Problems I have with Martz, is that he NEVER runs the ball. He's a piss poor game manager. He NEVER runs the ball. He totally ignores defense and investing in it. He NEVER runs the ball. He will confuse a guy like Romo by throwing his wacky complex offensive plays into his brain. He NEVER runs the ball. He's a nut! A crazy nut! Oh, and he NEVER runs the ball.

Keep him AWAY!!! :evil: :x :evil:

Comment

• Guys I like for coaching positions:

HC:
                              Mike Singletary
                              Ron Rivera
                              Norv Turner
                              Pete Carroll
                              Wade Phillips
                              MAYBE: Dan Reeves

OC:
                              Jason Garrett
                              Norv Turner

DC:
                              Mike Singletary
                              MAYBE: Todd Bowles

BTW--anyone know if Darren Woodson has any interest in coaching? Just a quick thought that popped into my head last night.

Comment

• My Fisher thought is no more.
                                Quote:
                                "We haven't been contacted by Dallas," chief executive officer Steve Underwood said in a statement Tuesday. "In the event that we were, there are no circumstances that we would grant permission to the Cowboys to speak with Coach Fisher."
                                We knew about this at least a few days ago. ESPN even said it yesterday.
                                "Red Ball"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information