Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen Singletary in action at the Senior Bowl??? WOW. JUST WOW.
    Yes, in fact I have, and he is a very good motivator on defense, but who says he is ready for head coach, and how is he going to run a good offense?
    "Red Ball"

Comment

• I am beginning to pick out Singletary as my favorite for the head coaching position...although it would be pretty sweet to have him as a DC and someone with 3-4 experience as the HC...I like Jason Garrett as an OC, but not a HC yet.

Comment

• My thoughts are that we should get Singeltary as DC and Norv as HC while getting Garrett as OC

Norv at HC because he can bring in Mike who can be his sucessor in a year or two

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• My Dream coaching staff:

HC: Mike Singletary
          OC: Josh McDaniels
          DC: Greg Manusky

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
            My Dream coaching staff:

HC: Mike Singletary
            OC: Josh McDaniels
            DC: Greg Manusky
            I dont think we could hall in Manusky without a Phillips hiring. I really want him on our staff though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
              Have you seen Singletary in action at the Senior Bowl??? WOW. JUST WOW.
              Yes, in fact I have, and he is a very good motivator on defense, but who says he is ready for head coach, and how is he going to run a good offense?
              He's simply doing the job he's assigned right there. If he was the HC, you'd see him be the same man, same motivator, same passion on offense as you see him having on defense.

How would he run a good offense? The most he'd ever have to contribute is say "Run" or "Pass". He can hire an assistant HC or give the OC a lot of slack... It's not like that's an issue... how he'd run an offense...

Wanna know who I'd grab for my OC??? Chris Petersen... Boise St.

Comment

• I saw that someone had asked about Darren Woodson and it hadn't been answered

So that leads meto ask: Who is our DB coach and what is the possibility that DW wants to coach?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• The Cowboys have received permission to speak with Wade Phillips, son of former NFL coach Bum Phillips, about their head coaching vacancy.

From Mobile, Ala., Phillips said he was not aware contact had been made. He would bring 30 years of NFL experience. He owns a 48-39 record as a head coach with New Orleans, Denver, Buffalo and Atlanta, however the stops with the Saints and Falcons were interim gigs.

He went 45-35 with the Broncos and Bills. He has spent the last three years running the San Diego defense, using the same 3-4 scheme as the Cowboys.

With Jason Garrett talking to the Cowboys about the head coaching and offensive coordinator jobs, it's not out of the realm of possibility Phillips could land the head job with Garrett as the coordinator.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                    I saw that someone had asked about Darren Woodson and it hadn't been answered

So that leads meto ask: Who is our DB coach and what is the possibility that DW wants to coach?
                    We actually have a pretty darn good DB coach, Todd Bowles. The players seem to really like him. So, unless he's upgraded to DC, I don't see that happening. Actually, he also met with JJ about the Head Coaching job. Anyway, if Bowles is upgraded to DC (or HC), I dunno. I'm not really sure about it...

BoneKrusher

Comment

• According to dallascowboys.com Parcells helped interview Garrett. Hopefully Jones will listen to Parcells opinions on HC. Parcells said he will be gone after Friday though.

Comment

• Originally posted by fryman
                        According to dallascowboys.com Parcells helped interview Garrett. Hopefully Jones will listen to Parcells opinions on HC. Parcells said he will be gone after Friday though.
                        That's cool! Glad to see Parcells is not one to sever all ties with the Cowboys. ...guess that's the difference when you retire vs... getting fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
                          Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                          I saw that someone had asked about Darren Woodson and it hadn't been answered

We actually have a pretty darn good DB coach, Todd Bowles. The players seem to really like him. So, unless he's upgraded to DC, I don't see that happening. Actually, he also met with JJ about the Head Coaching job. Anyway, if Bowles is upgraded to DC (or HC), I dunno. I'm not really sure about it...
                          Mike MacIntyre is the safeties coach.

Comment

• Senior Bowl updates on some of the guys I am enamored with, from Scott's notes:

Paul Williams of Fresno St. faked Leon Hall out of his jock on a double move for a touchdown
                            Along the offensive line Levi Brown of Penn St. is working hard, even coming out before practice started for some one-on-one coaching, and it's paying off because he's gotten better each day.
                            As good as Rouse was Josh Wilson of Maryland was equally as bad, getting burnt on too many occasions to even count.
                            :(

One of my favorite players in the draft, Eric Weddle of Utah, had another nice day and came through with a big interception in 11-on-11's near the end of practice that really got the coaches fired up.
                            Dwayne Bowe of L.S.U. is still the class of not only the wide receiver position but really the entire team and that train just kept rolling today. In fact, the only person who has been able to stop Bowe is Bowe himself and that became very apparent to guys like Aaron Ross and A.J. Davis, who were both beaten repeatedly by the dominating receiver.
                            Despite everything else the South practice was still the Dwayne Bowe Show and outside of a couple of drops he's simply been putting on a clinic this week.
                            Chansi Stuckey of Clemson eats up ground quickly and made an outstanding one-handed catch despite good coverage by David Irons while Courtney Taylor of Auburn looked good as well.
                            Joe Staley of Central Michigan has feet that are unparalleled and he extends his arms well but he is not overly stout at the point and will get pushed backwards by powerful defenders.
                            Meanwhile Michael Griffin of Texas seems to be all over the place and is very physical when he arrives at the ball.
                            Aaron Ross of Texas was very physical but by my count he was beaten by Dwayne Bowe at least four times and will probably be having nightmares about #80, although he's certainly not the only one in that boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                              My thoughts are that we should get Singeltary as DC and Norv as HC while getting Garrett as OC

Norv at HC because he can bring in Mike who can be his sucessor in a year or two
                              This is the best case scenario imo. I think Norv builds up Romo..Garrett gets the reigns on offense. Singletary builds up on bolsters our defense's confidence and next thing you know...Singletary or Garrett are ready to move up as a HC...seems logical to me.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2741032

Thanks stillaraiderfan for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information