Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as Wards comments I thought i'd throw up my players quick.

One guy I'm very interested in Meriweather. If he is available in the second...he is a gamebreaker...a hustler and has passion. If he interviews well I'll be all over him.

Bowe in the first is making more and more sense to me. I was skeptical at first I didn't see him as a dominate NFL WR, I thought playing across from Davis helped him out...but he is really showing he can dominate one on one against top competition.

I still think we can get our edge rusher later in the draft...Woodley is falling from what I've been watching....and overachiever imo.

CB is deep this year...hell a guy like McCauley and Wilson both need to be brought up....but both could contribute early on special teams...and serve just fine as a nickel back or LCB when newman slides down. Hughes is still my number 1 corner....even a guy like Hall may fall to us...I wouldn't be that surprised.

You guys want a NT prospect....look no further then Quentin Echols, Kansas St. This kid is a beast...dominated the shrine games...you guys should watch the game again if you missed this kid. There is a link to bowl videos on the site. He should be available on the second day...and is really my jem.

As far as tackle...I wouldn't mind going there sometime on the second day. Mike Otto, Purdue looked really good. I would recommend keying in on him when you watch the game again. He dominated his opponite in the shrine bowl. Personally I think he could play left or right side...great insurance policy on the second day for a position that noone is really sure about as far as the future goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
      Originally posted by Go Cowboys
      My thoughts are that we should get Singeltary as DC and Norv as HC while getting Garrett as OC

Norv at HC because he can bring in Mike who can be his sucessor in a year or two
      This is the best case scenario imo. I think Norv builds up Romo..Garrett gets the reigns on offense. Singletary builds up on bolsters our defense's confidence and next thing you know...Singletary or Garrett are ready to move up as a HC...seems logical to me.
      I'm on board with that scenario...I wouldn't be opposed to Wade Phillips either because of the 3-4 experience.

Who are the other good 3-4 coaches out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boysrback
        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2741032
        Hello Garrett...you'll be the OC...JJ won't let this team be ran by him not enough experience.

With the latest reports of phillips...I'm buying Norv Turner now.

Comment

• If we do move Henry to free safety, we certainly need a big physical corner to match up with receivers like Plaxico...if Leon Hall fell to us, he would fit the bill nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
            Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
            Have you seen Singletary in action at the Senior Bowl??? WOW. JUST WOW.
            Yes, in fact I have, and he is a very good motivator on defense, but who says he is ready for head coach, and how is he going to run a good offense?
            He's simply doing the job he's assigned right there. If he was the HC, you'd see him be the same man, same motivator, same passion on offense as you see him having on defense.

How would he run a good offense? The most he'd ever have to contribute is say "Run" or "Pass". He can hire an assistant HC or give the OC a lot of slack... It's not like that's an issue... how he'd run an offense...

Wanna know who I'd grab for my OC??? Chris Petersen... Boise St.
            You're dreaming...

Speaking of which, here's my dream: sign Nate Clements or Asante Samuel and move Anthony Henry to safety...then draft Blalock in the 1st.

Comment

• So somebody tell me something good about Garrett, so that I can get this frown off my face. :x

Comment

• KFFL.com has reported running backs coach Anthony Lynn is the running for a position as RB's coach of the Browns. Todd Haley has been offered a position as a off. coord. in Arizona.

Todd Bowles is being considered for the def. coord. position in Dallas. The Cowboys also denied the Browns permission the speak with Tony Sparano.

Comment

So somebody tell me something good about Garrett, so that I can get this frown off my face. :x

Jason Garrett helped win us the game against the Green Bay Packers on Thanksgiving Day 1994 when Troy Aikman was hurt. Later that year, he helped Aikman against the Packers by pointing out little idiosyncracies in the defense...

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888
                    Originally posted by D-Unit
                    So somebody tell me something good about Garrett, so that I can get this frown off my face. :x

Jason Garrett helped win us the game against the Green Bay Packers on Thanksgiving Day 1994 when Troy Aikman was hurt. Later that year, he helped Aikman against the Packers by pointing out little idiosyncracies in the defense...
                    I just went from frowny to frowny and gassy. :|

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888

I just went from frowny to frowny and gassy. :|
                      It's a good thing you live in Hawaii Poi Boi.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888

One of my favorite Cowboys memories of all time. The good ol' days of Alvin Harper and Michael Irvin, man what a tandem.

Comment

• Well I will say he must have had an impressive interview for him to get at least offensive coordinator.

He attended Princeton and was told by many when he was still a player that he'd make a great coach. Jerry Jones even told him that he would make a great coach back when he played for the Cowboys.

Sean Payton was another who thought highly of him when he played for the Giants. Garrett doesn't have very much experience coaching which proves what I thought, or what was reported wrong. The Cowboys obviously aren't necessarily looking for someone with head coaching experience in the NFL.

When Troy Aikman was on the ticket he also said Jason Garrett was a guy who would be a good coach for the Cowboys.

Garrett is 40 years old which is relatively young for a head coach and could be the next great undiscovered coach. But that remains to be seen. He hasn't had this kind of pressure before so it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

I think if Garrett is paired up with a good defensive coordinator he could do very well.

It will be interesting to see how he runs the offense, hopefully his youth and imagination as a coach will provide this offense with a spark, unlike Parcells' productive yet vanilla offense.

Only time will tell now what capacity Jason Garrett will be hired as, but one thing is for sure, he is hired.
                          "Red Ball"

Comment

• I notice that Scott has us down for talking to Lorenzo Booker...I name that has been brought up a few times. I really like him...but don't know how much of an upgrade of Thompson he would be so i'm skeptical. But this got me thinking...everyone reporting on the senior bowl doesn't have very much information from the dallas scouts. This makes sense to a certain point...but what cheers me up is that Norv Turner and Mike Singletar and Wade Phillips are all down there....I'm praying for Norv/Singletary. I would garuntee a successful draft.

Comment

• I really hope you didn't hire him as your HC. That would be a moronic thing to do.

But if you hire him as OC, then that should be a decent hire for you. Garrett is a really smart guy(i'm sure you knew that already) and I think he has a bright futue ahead of him. I wanted Cam to hire him as OC, but I guess he thought he wasn't ready fo that just yet.

Good luck with Garrett and us Dolphins fans will miss him.

Comment

• Norv/Singletary. I would garuntee a successful draft.
                                I would be in shock, I would be so darn happy :D !!!! Especially if the Cowboys could have Jason Garrett on the staff along with Turner and Singletary. There is no way we could f- up the draft.
                                "Red Ball"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information