This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ace
    I really hope you didn't hire him as your HC. That would be a moronic thing to do.

But if you hire him as OC, then that should be a decent hire for you. Garrett is a really smart guy(i'm sure you knew that already) and I think he has a bright futue ahead of him. I wanted Cam to hire him as OC, but I guess he thought he wasn't ready fo that just yet.

Good luck with Garrett and us Dolphins fans will miss him.
    How do you know Cam wasn't intending to hire him as OC?..maybe Garrett wasn't interested. I am seriously not sure, that's why I am asking.
    "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
      Originally posted by Ace
      I really hope you didn't hire him as your HC. That would be a moronic thing to do.

But if you hire him as OC, then that should be a decent hire for you. Garrett is a really smart guy(i'm sure you knew that already) and I think he has a bright futue ahead of him. I wanted Cam to hire him as OC, but I guess he thought he wasn't ready fo that just yet.

How do you know Cam wasn't intending to hire him as OC?..maybe Garrett wasn't interested. I am seriously not sure, that's why I am asking.
      Using basic logic I would think that the early deadline was put in place to make dallas make a quick decision...from that reasoning I would think its clear that Miami wanted him around...yet felt it wasn't a need at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace

I don't know that for sure. That why I said I guess Cam thought he wasn't ready or maybe he has someone else in mind.

I don't know too much about the schemes and stuff about Garrett because granted he has only coached for 2 years, but Harrington did say last year at camp that Garrett is really good at breaking things down and he helped designed many options to help the QB if he was in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
          Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
          Originally posted by Ace

Using basic logic I would think that the early deadline was put in place to make dallas make a quick decision...from that reasoning I would think its clear that Miami wanted him around...yet felt it wasn't a need at that time.
          I know! The reason the question was asked was to imply that Cam did want Garrett as OC but hadn't made the move yet. I am not trying to say Cam wasn't going to sign him. You misunderstood me yet again, but that's okay thule just keep responding to my posts with those same intentions.
          "Red Ball"

Comment

Originally posted by thule
            Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
            Originally posted by Ace

I know! The reason the question was asked was to imply that Cam did want Garrett as OC but hadn't made the move yet. I am not trying to say Cam wasn't going to sign him. You misunderstood me yet again, but that's okay thule just keep responding to my posts with those same intentions.
            My comment was directed at both of you. Just breaking down the information from what we knew. Noone on this forum knows the true answer which is why we are forced to use deductive reasoning. I just broke it down for you two.

Comment

• Well, it's good to see we have our OC. Behind Singletary, I want Bowles for DC. I'm liking him more and more.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                I notice that Scott has us down for talking to Lorenzo Booker...I name that has been brought up a few times. I really like him...but don't know how much of an upgrade of Thompson he would be so i'm skeptical. But this got me thinking...everyone reporting on the senior bowl doesn't have very much information from the dallas scouts. This makes sense to a certain point...but what cheers me up is that Norv Turner and Mike Singletar and Wade Phillips are all down there....I'm praying for Norv/Singletary. I would garuntee a successful draft.
                OH LORD, I HOPE NOT! I hate Booker. He's way too skinny and falls down if a defender even breaths on him. Goes down way too easy. Can't hit the hole hard. Definately not an inside runner and doesn't have enough speed to cut around the corner in the NFL... He's gonna be an all time bust.

...he's a good receiver out of the backfield, but lacks moves. If we take him, it better not be any sooner than the 6th round.

Makes me question, who the hell is out there representing the team... (kwhy again??? hee hee...)

Comment

• Singletary's lack of experience is definitely a worry for me, but just like everyone else here that listened to him miked up at the Senior Bowl practices I came away highly impressed with his teaching ability. If he's not ready now, he's definitely going to be soon.

I'm torn on the Garrett hiring - he's only coached two years, but at the same time you have to think that his career was spent mostly as a back-up QB and almost as a "Player-Coach" with how he seemed to be utilized. Meh, still torn.

I don't remember where I read the comments, but the talk was about how hard it is to put together a "Super Bowl" Coaching staff in February is, and I'm starting to realize that now.

I still have this gut feeling of anticipation, and that everything is going to work out though. Call me crazy.. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                    Originally posted by thule
                    I notice that Scott has us down for talking to Lorenzo Booker...I name that has been brought up a few times. I really like him...but don't know how much of an upgrade of Thompson he would be so i'm skeptical. But this got me thinking...everyone reporting on the senior bowl doesn't have very much information from the dallas scouts. This makes sense to a certain point...but what cheers me up is that Norv Turner and Mike Singletar and Wade Phillips are all down there....I'm praying for Norv/Singletary. I would garuntee a successful draft.
                    OH LORD, I HOPE NOT! I hate Booker. He's way too skinny and falls down if a defender even breaths on him. Goes down way too easy. Can't hit the hole hard. Definately not an inside runner and doesn't have enough speed to cut around the corner in the NFL... He's gonna be an all time bust.

...he's a good receiver out of the backfield, but lacks moves. If we take him, it better not be any sooner than the 6th round.

Makes me question, who the hell is out there representing the team... (kwhy again??? hee hee...)
                    I wouldn't touch him before the sixth...and even then i'd be skeptical if he offered more then TT did. He is putting on a show at the senior bowl though. My guess is he puts on a show at the combine and some team takes him on the first day...I don't think we pursue him..but its the only name I've seen linked to the cowboys at the senior bowl.

Comment

• Tony Hunt anyone? I like thw size and power with decent speed he has, and one of those Bill Parcells types that he loves. Not sure if I want you use a 1st day pick on him though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                        Tony Hunt anyone? I like thw size and power with decent speed he has, and one of those Bill Parcells types that he loves. Not sure if I want you use a 1st day pick on him though.
                        I wouldn't mind him in the 4th.

Comment

• Does anybody know what Garrett's offensive style is???

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                            Does anybody know what Garrett's offensive style is???
                            No, how would we?

Comment

• I have a feeling Garrett will be announced thursday as our new HC.

Just from reading all this has me thinking.

here is one scenario that im thinking about

Dallas declined the Browns to interview Sparano. That means Dallas really likes him. If Garrett was OC where would that leave Sparano? oline coach and running game coordinator. Obviously we didnt decline the browns, just so Sparano could be our oline coach.

I have a strong feeling its going to be

HC - Garrett
                              OC - Sparano
                              DC - ??? Bowles maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by dre1614
                                I have a feeling Garrett will be announced thursday as our new HC.

Just from reading all this has me thinking.

here is one scenario that im thinking about

Dallas declined the Browns to interview Sparano. That means Dallas really likes him. If Garrett was OC where would that leave Sparano? oline coach and running game coordinator. Obviously we didnt decline the browns, just so Sparano could be our oline coach.

I have a strong feeling its going to be

HC - Garrett
                                OC - Sparano
                                DC - ??? Bowles maybe?
                                I don't understand where your coming from. Just because we declined them doesn't mean he is getting promoted.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information