This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *DEEP SIGH*

I'm still a little bothered by this JG signing... I will give him his chance to do his thing before I make a judgement on him, but I can't lie and say I'm not sitting here scratching my head... :|

I'm gonna do some research... Alls I know is that he got nerdy holding that clipboard under Norv and Ernie while backing up Troy.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
      Originally posted by D-Unit
      Does anybody know what Garrett's offensive style is???
      No, how would we?
      Jason was on a pretty experienced staff in Miami and was working with Ferrote / Harrington for what 1-2 years? So there really is very little about him in the form of results other than "people think he is smart." I am really surprised we are going this way. Disappointed actually. We will see today however.

Singletary or Bowles DC -- put me down for either petition.

Comment

• I guess I stand alone in the belief that Pepper Johnson would work real well in Dallas?

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
          Originally posted by thule
          I notice that Scott has us down for talking to Lorenzo Booker...I name that has been brought up a few times. I really like him...but don't know how much of an upgrade of Thompson he would be so i'm skeptical. But this got me thinking...everyone reporting on the senior bowl doesn't have very much information from the dallas scouts. This makes sense to a certain point...but what cheers me up is that Norv Turner and Mike Singletar and Wade Phillips are all down there....I'm praying for Norv/Singletary. I would garuntee a successful draft.
          OH LORD, I HOPE NOT! I hate Booker. He's way too skinny and falls down if a defender even breaths on him. Goes down way too easy. Can't hit the hole hard. Definately not an inside runner and doesn't have enough speed to cut around the corner in the NFL... He's gonna be an all time bust.

...he's a good receiver out of the backfield, but lacks moves. If we take him, it better not be any sooner than the 6th round.

Makes me question, who the hell is out there representing the team... (kwhy again??? hee hee...)
          I wouldn't touch him before the sixth...and even then i'd be skeptical if he offered more then TT did. He is putting on a show at the senior bowl though. My guess is he puts on a show at the combine and some team takes him on the first day...I don't think we pursue him..but its the only name I've seen linked to the cowboys at the senior bowl.
          Can someone comment on an observation on Booker and the "falls down if a defender breathes" on him....

He seems to have gargantuan feet? Like so big they get in the way and are easy to hit. Ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            I guess I stand alone in the belief that Pepper Johnson would work real well in Dallas?
            No, good idea but the entire city of Dallas (and Jerry it seems) wants to eliminate any smell of Tuna. Pepper is Tuna smelling by local standards.

Comment

I guess I stand alone in the belief that Pepper Johnson would work real well in Dallas?
              He's not a name I've heard mentioned in connection with the Cowboys from any of the local or national media. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, of course. He was a good LB, I remember that, and he'd bring the requisite 3/4 experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                No, how would we?
                Jason was on a pretty experienced staff in Miami and was working with Ferrote / Harrington for what 1-2 years? So there really is very little about him in the form of results other than "people think he is smart." I am really surprised we are going this way. Disappointed actually. We will see today however.

He spent several years as a player in the Norv Turner/Ernie Zampese offense, so that's probably an influence. He also was coached by Sean Payton and Jon Gruden, so he could bring a lot of different things with him.

I like the idea of him as an OC. Not so sure about HC yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase
                  Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                  No, how would we?

He spent several years as a player in the Norv Turner/Ernie Zampese offense, so that's probably an influence. He also was coached by Sean Payton and Jon Gruden, so he could bring a lot of different things with him.

The negatives will be that the team will have to learn an entirely new offense, but no one in the league except maybe Miami will know what this guy likes to run. That gives us a huge advantage, at least for a few weeks. Those first few weeks are crucial anyway, as the team usually doesn't find it's stride until Week 5 or so.

Comment

Not the worst guy, but there has been no word of him anywhere besides from you... So if that happens, props to you BBD.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                      I notice that Scott has us down for talking to Lorenzo Booker...I name that has been brought up a few times. I really like him...but don't know how much of an upgrade of Thompson he would be so i'm skeptical. But this got me thinking...everyone reporting on the senior bowl doesn't have very much information from the dallas scouts. This makes sense to a certain point...but what cheers me up is that Norv Turner and Mike Singletar and Wade Phillips are all down there....I'm praying for Norv/Singletary. I would garuntee a successful draft.
                      OH LORD, I HOPE NOT! I hate Booker. He's way too skinny and falls down if a defender even breaths on him. Goes down way too easy. Can't hit the hole hard. Definately not an inside runner and doesn't have enough speed to cut around the corner in the NFL... He's gonna be an all time bust.

...he's a good receiver out of the backfield, but lacks moves. If we take him, it better not be any sooner than the 6th round.

Makes me question, who the hell is out there representing the team... (kwhy again??? hee hee...)
                      I wouldn't touch him before the sixth...and even then i'd be skeptical if he offered more then TT did. He is putting on a show at the senior bowl though. My guess is he puts on a show at the combine and some team takes him on the first day...I don't think we pursue him..but its the only name I've seen linked to the cowboys at the senior bowl.
                      Can someone comment on an observation on Booker and the "falls down if a defender breathes" on him....

He seems to have gargantuan feet? Like so big they get in the way and are easy to hit. Ideas?
                      I love to watch FSU football and for the past 4 years, Booker has done nothing to impress. He came in as the #1 HS prospect in the land and never really developed. He's still a twig and he will not ever break a tackle. He's fast in the open field (for a RB), but he gets chanced down quite often even after finding daylight. He's too skinny, and not strong, and doesn't even have juking ability. He's definately not NFL material in my book. People will say he can catch, but not downfield... FSU threw to him a lot, but only on short screens or outlet passes... Not downfield like Reggie Bush or Brian Westbrook (to whom people want to compare him to). I find those comparisions, hilarious.

Could he be good? Maybe.... I just think it's highly unlikely. ...I've been wrong many times before...

but right many times too! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                        Originally posted by FinChase
                        Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                        No, how would we?

The negatives will be that the team will have to learn an entirely new offense, but no one in the league except maybe Miami will know what this guy likes to run. That gives us a huge advantage, at least for a few weeks. Those first few weeks are crucial anyway, as the team usually doesn't find it's stride until Week 5 or so.
                        That's a good point. He's a mystery alright. ...and with Saban out of the picture... Miami won't really know him either...

Saban did offer him the OC job at Alabama, but JG turned it down. Interesting fact.

Comment

• Well no suprise, but ESPN is reporting the Garrett to OC hiring is official. Now its just a matter of Jerry interviewing whoever else he is going to for HC and then making the call on whether he wants Garrett to be the HC or not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2742496

Comment

• Todd McShay has us taking Daymeion Hughes! That's super!

Kiper has us taking Meacham... Booooo..... :x

Comment

• More news, apparently Jerry has asked and received New Orleans permission to interview Gary Gibbs. Not a name i've heard much of here but an interesting thought. I thought he did a pretty darn good job while here with the linebackers, and also did a nice job with a NO defensive lacking in talent this year. I don't really know what to think but at least its a different name than Norv or Phillips. It looks by this interview Bill is having at least some influence on the selection of the next coach, which is nothing but a good thing IMO, and if the team has a bad year next year Gibbs would be a cheap guy easily disposed of so Jerry can get in the Fisher/Cower/Lovie sweepstakes next year.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/....1b303c86.html

Comment

• http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...E78A6065DEFB16

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information