Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Mort Norv could be named HC tommorrow.

Comment

• The 49ers have asked for and received permission to interview Chargers linebackers coach Greg Manusky for their vacant defensive coordinator position.

Manusky, 40, was considered to be a candidate for the Chargers' defensive-coordinator position if Wade Phillips is hired as the Cowboys head coach. Phillips and 49ers offensive coordinator Norv Turner have interviewed for the Cowboys' job. Turner interviewed with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on Sunday.

Manusky has only slightly more experience than 49ers assistant head coach/defense Mike Singletary, whose lack of NFL coaching experience is seen as the only reason he has not already been promoted to the job. Singletary has coached four seasons in the league.

[snip]

Mike Singletary (49ers assistant head coach/defense) -- Nolan sees no need in interviewing him for the job. Singletary wants to be the defensive coordinator. If he is promoted to that role, Nolan will handle most of the responsibilities until he feels comfortable handing it off to Singletary.

Anyone else find it funny that the two top DC's that we wanted are mentioned in this article.
      http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=461024

Comment

• Oh how i hate you all.

Norv :evil:

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
          The 49ers have asked for and received permission to interview Chargers linebackers coach Greg Manusky for their vacant defensive coordinator position.

Manusky, 40, was considered to be a candidate for the Chargers' defensive-coordinator position if Wade Phillips is hired as the Cowboys head coach. Phillips and 49ers offensive coordinator Norv Turner have interviewed for the Cowboys' job. Turner interviewed with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on Sunday.

Manusky has only slightly more experience than 49ers assistant head coach/defense Mike Singletary, whose lack of NFL coaching experience is seen as the only reason he has not already been promoted to the job. Singletary has coached four seasons in the league.

[snip]

Mike Singletary (49ers assistant head coach/defense) -- Nolan sees no need in interviewing him for the job. Singletary wants to be the defensive coordinator. If he is promoted to that role, Nolan will handle most of the responsibilities until he feels comfortable handing it off to Singletary.

Anyone else find it funny that the two top DC's that we wanted are mentioned in this article.
          http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=461024
          Bah. Theyre both ours :)

Comment

• I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on 4-3/3-4. Let's hear them.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99
              Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
              Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              That said, if you were to name the two places that you least wanted to coach at, as a head man in the NFL, I bet 80% of all guys polled would have the Raiders and the Redskins in the top 2. Both franchises have meddling owners. Both have an approach to the game that does not work; the Raiders' being the take-any-thug-that-can-play combined with the "vertical passing game" (lmao) which ends in a train wreck of an offense with people back stabbing each other left and right, while the Redskins think they can buy a championship, and wheel 'n' deal themselves into the basement of their division more often then not.
              Hi DMW, needs to disagree with this one. Here is my thought.

Say what you will but Dan Snyder is much less meddling than Jerry Jones and actually believes in hiring great coaches. I don't ever see Snyder saying anything about the players or getting involved in the sidelines. Jerry is like Coach, GM, Player Personnel, Cheerleeder ......

And to Al Davis's defense, he usually finds great coaches even if he ends up canning them in one of his dementia fits. Also, Al Davis knows football players even if they are "thugs" whereas Jerry does not. Al Davis has football cred and Jerry does not.

So sadly from a pure micro-managing perspective, the two worst jobs in the NFL are Oakland and Dallas with Dallas being the worst. Jerry is a micro manager and not as football smart as the second worst -- Davis.

To agree with you -- Wade is a much better choice than Norv. You are correct that Norv's team where just a mess.
              I'm sorry, but Al Davis has ZERO football cred post 1986. He did have a decent run with Coach Gruden but then again, he traded gruden away. How credible is that? How credible is chasing Shanahan out of town? How credible is continuing to try and play the verticle passing game when the WCO is what has been the most successfull style in the last 20 years? How do you not build a great franchise with all the extra picks from Gruden's departure?

I'm sorry, but Al Davis has less cred now than ever.

As for Jerry being a bad owner vs. Dan Snyder you are on crack. Dan Snyder runs out good coaches (Shottenheimer anyone??) mid season. Snyder continues to cripple his coaches with piss poor draft management (i.e. trading away all your picks) and continues to overpay mediocre talent.

I do have my criticisms of Jerry Jones, but being on the sidelines isn't one of them. I guess you've never seen Arthur Blank, Paul Allen or Pat Bowen on the sidelines? (p.s. if you haven't then you're not paying attention). Jerry is a piss poor 'football guy' but other than Jimmy Johnson (which was 11 years ago for god's sake, people do learn you know) no one has said he was difficult to work for.
              To an earlier poster -- no, I do not like Jerry Jones.

To LSU, I hear ya. I don't agree but let me say that Jerry and Al are the 1-2 punch of bad Owners/GM.

To my defense, you can bad mouth Al Davis for firing great coaches but fact is he picked them first to being with. Who has Jerry picked and fired that accomplished anything? Al knows talent and Jerry does not. Jerry knows what he reads from what others type.

Also, please do not compare Al Davis in historical terms (even recent) to Jerry Jones. Al Davis is a creator of this league. An ex-coach and football man his whole life. Jerry was a wild catter who hit it big and this is the only reason he has a GM title. Al Davis does have cred and I have no affinity to him. Can't see why you would say otherwise.

To boot, he was in the Super Bowl in recent memory plus had one chance ripped from him (tuck game). Al is a great football man who I agree is way too old at this point to do it himself and can't get out of his own way even with his walker.

But, alas, we are arguing small brown shades on a small turd.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS!!!!

http://www.dallasnews.com/

The Cowboys will have San Francisco assistant head coach Mike Singletary in for an interview on Tuesday. Details to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                  BREAKING NEWS!!!!

The Cowboys will have San Francisco assistant head coach Mike Singletary in for an interview on Tuesday. Details to come.
                  It's like a dream come true! Jerrah is coming through for us. I think I'm going to cry

Comment

• whoever the head coach is we need a defensive coordinator who runs a 3-4. When teams switch back and forth between 4-3 and 3-4 it is usually just a mess. we need to stick with what our personell can provide.

check out www.mtmock.blogspot.com it is good

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                      Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                      Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                      Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                      That said, if you were to name the two places that you least wanted to coach at, as a head man in the NFL, I bet 80% of all guys polled would have the Raiders and the Redskins in the top 2. Both franchises have meddling owners. Both have an approach to the game that does not work; the Raiders' being the take-any-thug-that-can-play combined with the "vertical passing game" (lmao) which ends in a train wreck of an offense with people back stabbing each other left and right, while the Redskins think they can buy a championship, and wheel 'n' deal themselves into the basement of their division more often then not.
                      Hi DMW, needs to disagree with this one. Here is my thought.

Say what you will but Dan Snyder is much less meddling than Jerry Jones and actually believes in hiring great coaches. I don't ever see Snyder saying anything about the players or getting involved in the sidelines. Jerry is like Coach, GM, Player Personnel, Cheerleeder ......

And to Al Davis's defense, he usually finds great coaches even if he ends up canning them in one of his dementia fits. Also, Al Davis knows football players even if they are "thugs" whereas Jerry does not. Al Davis has football cred and Jerry does not.

So sadly from a pure micro-managing perspective, the two worst jobs in the NFL are Oakland and Dallas with Dallas being the worst. Jerry is a micro manager and not as football smart as the second worst -- Davis.

To agree with you -- Wade is a much better choice than Norv. You are correct that Norv's team where just a mess.
                      I'm sorry, but Al Davis has ZERO football cred post 1986. He did have a decent run with Coach Gruden but then again, he traded gruden away. How credible is that? How credible is chasing Shanahan out of town? How credible is continuing to try and play the verticle passing game when the WCO is what has been the most successfull style in the last 20 years? How do you not build a great franchise with all the extra picks from Gruden's departure?

I'm sorry, but Al Davis has less cred now than ever.

As for Jerry being a bad owner vs. Dan Snyder you are on crack. Dan Snyder runs out good coaches (Shottenheimer anyone??) mid season. Snyder continues to cripple his coaches with piss poor draft management (i.e. trading away all your picks) and continues to overpay mediocre talent.

I do have my criticisms of Jerry Jones, but being on the sidelines isn't one of them. I guess you've never seen Arthur Blank, Paul Allen or Pat Bowen on the sidelines? (p.s. if you haven't then you're not paying attention). Jerry is a piss poor 'football guy' but other than Jimmy Johnson (which was 11 years ago for god's sake, people do learn you know) no one has said he was difficult to work for.
                      To an earlier poster -- no, I do not like Jerry Jones.

To LSU, I hear ya. I don't agree but let me say that Jerry and Al are the 1-2 punch of bad Owners/GM.

To my defense, you can bad mouth Al Davis for firing great coaches but fact is he picked them first to being with. Who has Jerry picked and fired that accomplished anything? Al knows talent and Jerry does not. Jerry knows what he reads from what others type.

Also, please do not compare Al Davis in historical terms (even recent) to Jerry Jones. Al Davis is a creator of this league. An ex-coach and football man his whole life. Jerry was a wild catter who hit it big and this is the only reason he has a GM title. Al Davis does have cred and I have no affinity to him. Can't see why you would say otherwise.

To boot, he was in the Super Bowl in recent memory plus had one chance ripped from him (tuck game). Al is a great football man who I agree is way too old at this point to do it himself and can't get out of his own way even with his walker.

But, alas, we are arguing small brown shades on a small turd.
                      It seems like it's difficult for you to put aside your personal feelings toward Jerry. It's very blatant, and it doesn't bolster your argument.
                      Winning a super bowl gets you cred. Last time I checked, Jerry has done that, more recently than Al Davis.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                      Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by Number-94
                        Originally posted by D-Unit
                        BREAKING NEWS!!!!

It's like a dream come true! Jerrah is coming through for us. I think I'm going to cry
                        I like it.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                        Albert Camus

Comment

• Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                            Turner made a strong impression with Jones, former coach Bill Parcells and vice president Stephen Jones, according to Werder. Turner tried to convince Jones that he is the best choice to mentor new hire Jason Garrett -- who'll likely serve as offensive coordinator -- while developing the skills of Romo. Turner also stressed that he is capable of assembling a defensive staff that could repair a unit that collapsed late in the season.
                            This really stuck out to me...I wonder who he has in mind....

per nfl.com
                            Cough***Singletary***Cough

we don't get one without the other I have a feeling...either way idc its gonna work out good for us.

Comment

• Hey guys, It's Balaskonis, I'm in on a new account. Glad to be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number-94
                                Originally posted by D-Unit
                                BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Man I got beat to the punch, I heard it on SC, Mort reported it. Wow. I am not saying anything yet but if this goes down the way most of you, most importantly D-Unit are hoping it does then I will have something special to say for this forum.

I just wish we could have Norv Turner and Mike Singletary. :D
                                "Red Ball"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information