Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I know, I just like McCauley

    But anyway, do you think we will re-sign Columbo and Gurode to long-term deals?

    We better cause we need to keep the only good O-Lineman we have, if we let either of them walk, I will KILL JERRY.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TNewFan41
      Originally posted by thule
      Originally posted by TNewFan41
      So whats the draft talk been like?

      I would love Meriweather in the 2nd, he is a freakin beast, just dropping cause of off the field issues.
      Meriweather in the second would be a steal.

      The Henry situation has a big impact on where we go I think personally.

      With great CB depth...a guy like Hall/Revis/Houston will be available when we pick in the first.
      I don't want a CB in the first, I want an OG. I will shoot someone if we get a CB in the first. Although if anyoen, I want McCauley, I love that kid.
      McCauley might not even be a second round pick after the way he has played this year...not to mention he is on bad terms with Pat Hill...and we all know that can't do anything but hurt his draft status. The only way McCauley is successful in the NFL early on is if he is left in press coverage with over the top help all day...other then that he needs tons of coaching.

      So if Henry if moved to FS...your fine going into the season with Reeves as our nickle back?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TNewFan41
        og in the first...blah blah blah
        Who in the right mind deserves to be selected number 22 in the draft. There isn't one OG in this draft that really warrants a first round pick let alone pick number 22. The only guy who would get mild consideration here would be Grubbs...and he is not the type of OG I want us to bring it....get real man.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by thule
          Originally posted by TNewFan41
          Originally posted by thule
          Originally posted by TNewFan41
          So whats the draft talk been like?

          I would love Meriweather in the 2nd, he is a freakin beast, just dropping cause of off the field issues.
          Meriweather in the second would be a steal.

          The Henry situation has a big impact on where we go I think personally.

          With great CB depth...a guy like Hall/Revis/Houston will be available when we pick in the first.
          I don't want a CB in the first, I want an OG. I will shoot someone if we get a CB in the first. Although if anyoen, I want McCauley, I love that kid.
          McCauley might not even be a second round pick after the way he has played this year...not to mention he is on bad terms with Pat Hill...and we all know that can't do anything but hurt his draft status. The only way McCauley is successful in the NFL early on is if he is left in press coverage with over the top help all day...other then that he needs tons of coaching.

          So if Henry if moved to FS...your fine going into the season with Reeves as our nickle back?
          NO!, what is why moving henry to FS is stupid. Henry is already an established CB and is probably the best #2 at that, and could be a #1. He had a nagging knee injury at the end of the season that is why he was playing poorly. If you remember his pick in the Eagles game on Christmas you could see the way he was running, he looked like he was playing at 40%. Plus who knows if this move would even work out. a CB is alot harder to find then a FS, the least important position on Defense, if not all of football. If we got a pass rush, our secondary wouldn't even matter, look at the chargers, they have no secondary but since they had a good pass rush their secondary looked like they were all pro-bowlers. If we got a pass rush IMAGINE our secondary.

          MOVING HENRY TO FS IS ONE THE THE DUMBEST IDEA'S I HAVE EVER HEARD, DON'T DO IT JERRY!!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by thule
            Originally posted by TNewFan41
            og in the first...blah blah blah
            Who in the right mind deserves to be selected number 22 in the draft. There isn't one OG in this draft that really warrants a first round pick let alone pick number 22. The only guy who would get mild consideration here would be Grubbs...and he is not the type of OG I want us to bring it....get real man.
            I say we move down like 6 spots to like #28 at pick Sears or Blalock, that would be a solid pick, plus we would pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. We need an OG, no question about it.

            Comment


            • I think it is great if we get Norv and Mike.

              On the draft front, I like the idea of trading down, picking up some picks and taking a guy like Brandon Meriweather who can play FS or Corner.
              In the 2nd round an O-Lineman probley.
              then a Receiver, O-Line Depth, and eventually a QB and a Nose Tackle

              Also if Amobi Okoye were to fall to us then I think we take him anyways, yes I know he is small for the 3-4 but athletic ability alone, plues he is a young guy who can add good mucle weight in the weight room.

              Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ward
                Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.
                To Ward: Was that response necessary? I think Al Davis is as bad as Jerry. You seemingly disagree. That is fine but I would leave it at that "Mr Moderator." PS, Moderator comes from the word "Moderate," try adhereing to it.

                To Poet: Yes, I dislike him and I do think Al Davis is 10x the owner and contributor that Jerry is. Al Davis is a football man and Jerry is not. Al played a very important role in creating this league. Just like Joe Namath, Hunt and a few others from the AFL days.

                Great news on MS. Thanks for the update guys. Have a great evening.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TNewFan41
                  Originally posted by thule
                  Originally posted by TNewFan41
                  og in the first...blah blah blah
                  Who in the right mind deserves to be selected number 22 in the draft. There isn't one OG in this draft that really warrants a first round pick let alone pick number 22. The only guy who would get mild consideration here would be Grubbs...and he is not the type of OG I want us to bring it....get real man.
                  I say we move down like 6 spots to like #28 at pick Sears or Blalock, that would be a solid pick, plus we would pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. We need an OG, no question about it.
                  Well first of all you have to ask yourself who would move up and why and for what player.

                  Second of all Sears was less than impressive inside this week at the senior bowl...looked like a classic waste bender to me.

                  Blalock is lucky to be a second round pick at this point. His stock has been dropping ever since the year started and still hasn't stopped...people are knocking his lateral quickness but I really don't find that a need since he would be our road grader. Even if he is gone a guy like Ramirez is still on board...OG doesn't hold value in the top 50...this is where you have to land your skill position players.

                  Just a note on Henry moving...noone cares what you think about the move...bottom line is Jerry came out and said it...and until we hear otherwise we have to speculate from all angles.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                    I think it is great if we get Norv and Mike.

                    On the draft front, I like the idea of trading down, picking up some picks and taking a guy like Brandon Meriweather who can play FS or Corner.
                    In the 2nd round an O-Lineman probley.
                    then a Receiver, O-Line Depth, and eventually a QB and a Nose Tackle

                    Also if Amobi Okoye were to fall to us then I think we take him anyways, yes I know he is small for the 3-4 but athletic ability alone, plues he is a young guy who can add good mucle weight in the weight room.
                    He is a three tech...he said his optimal playing weight was around 295...we would need to use him as a 5 tech...it just wouldn't makes sense...but this thought really doesn't matter...he won't last till us anyways.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.
                      To Ward: Was that response necessary? I think Al Davis is as bad as Jerry. You seemingly disagree. That is fine but I would leave it at that "Mr Moderator." PS, Moderator comes from the word "Moderate," try adhereing to it.

                      To Poet: Yes, I dislike him and I do think Al Davis is 10x the owner and contributor that Jerry is. Al Davis is a football man and Jerry is not. Al played a very important role in creating this league. Just like Joe Namath, Hunt and a few others from the AFL days.

                      Great news on MS. Thanks for the update guys. Have a great evening.
                      Perhaps at one point Al Davis was a credible football guy. I don't deny that. However, the fact that the Raiders are the worst team in the NFL by a large margin with no end in sight really errodes any credibility he has.

                      The Cowboys under Jerry Jones have been everything from Great to Good to Average to Below average. They haven't been the laughing stock of the NFL like the Raiders.

                      History has it's place, but you cannot discount the relevance of the more recent history over that of the distant history. The game has passed Al Davis by. His FA strategies, his offensive strategies and his coaching hires are pretty clear in that regard.

                      Designs by Thule



                      Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                        Originally posted by Ward
                        Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.
                        To Ward: Was that response necessary? I think Al Davis is as bad as Jerry. You seemingly disagree. That is fine but I would leave it at that "Mr Moderator." PS, Moderator comes from the word "Moderate," try adhereing to it.
                        I am moderating, you seem to be a Raiders fan which would mean you are breaking the rules of this forum. Go post that in the Raiders team thread and discuss the rules. It would be in your best interest to read the rules before continuing in this conversation.

                        Comment


                        • Although Singletary is apparently interviewing for the head coaching job, in my mind it seems that he is really interviewing for a spot as DC...the head coaching interview is dualfold: so that the Cowboys can interview him and also fulfill the Rooney Rule (the fulfillment thus far has been questioned with respect to Bowles).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JJJ888
                            Although Singletary is apparently interviewing for the head coaching job, in my mind it seems that he is really interviewing for a spot as DC...the head coaching interview is dualfold: so that the Cowboys can interview him and also fulfill the Rooney Rule (the fulfillment thus far has been questioned with respect to Bowles).
                            Yeah the Rooney Rule was already complied with, but sites like PFT bashed Jones because it was Bowles who is within the organization. They suggest that Jerry was exploiting a loophole. Now Jerry's interviewing Singletary.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
                              Why do you want our staff so much :(
                              Seriously why are you asking these guys. There just fans like you are, it's not there decision who the cowboys hire.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Larry
                                Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
                                Why do you want our staff so much :(
                                Seriously why are you asking these guys. There just fans like you are, it's not there decision who the cowboys hire.
                                Maybe someone on this board can give him some insight as to how WE think this is playing out, and the possible reasoning behind all the talk. That's what a message board is for.


                                "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                                Albert Camus

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information