This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit
    Everything is going according to my master plan... :twisted: Mwuahahaha....
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...C1AC76AFB25155

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc
      Originally posted by D-Unit
      Most of the things I've read in the local papers says the buzz out of Valley Ranch is that Todd Bowles is going to be the DC. Doesn't excite me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase
        Originally posted by nrcirc
        Most of the things I've read in the local papers says the buzz out of Valley Ranch is that Todd Bowles is going to be the DC. Doesn't excite me.
        I don't want Todd Bowles at all. It looks like going to be Nor Turner, which I don't think going to be any good. IMO We need Wade Phillips as HC and Singletary as DC and Jason Garrett as OC.

Comment

• Michael Griffin? No thank you.

Comment

• My Dream off-season would be:

FA: Sign Kris Dielman, OG, San Diego- Would sure up our LG position, is a pro-bowl quality guard, and could put Kosier as a solid backup, were he should be.

Draft: Round 1: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State: I absolute olve this kid, and after his dominance in the Senior Bowl I think he is just as good as Joe Thomas, if not better. He is a Mauler, but is a great pass blocker as well. Also has solid quickness for his size. Would be our left tackle of the future, and could sit and learn behind Flo for a year or two.

Round 2: Brandon Meriweather, FS/CB, Miami (FL): The best cover safety in the draft, some think he can play corner, so that pretty much assures his coverage skills. Is alittle lite but he can still lay the lumber. He is a top 15 talent but cause of some off-field issues he will drop. He will be one of the biggest steals of all time, mark my words.

OR

DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, DT, NC State: He is a big, strong, dominant DT, although he inconsistant at times, but I still like him. I think he can be a great 3-4 NT. Can also sit under Ferg for a year or 2 and spell him right away.

Round 3: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech: He may go before this, but I think it is possible he will be avaliable here. But anyway, this kid is a serious Mauler. He has the school record for bench press at 550 pounds. He will need alittle time to get used to a normal system and putting his hand on the ground because he was in Texas Tech's crazy offense, but that won't be a problem, he was fine in the senior Bowl. Ramirez, Dielman, and Brown, plus Culombo and Gurode would make this offensive line dominant, plus with our skill players, JUST IMAGINE OUR OFFENSE!!!!!!

So basically I want a dominat O-Line, a future dominant NT wouldn't hurt, or a good cover FS. We have the skill players, on both sides of the ball, now all we need is better line play. I think we have the pieces on defense, exept a future NT, but we need o-lineman.

What do you guys think?

Of and by the way what is up BBD? haven't talked to you in forever. I hear you like my boy Newman.

Comment

• Singletary is Asst. Head Coach/Defense, and Linebackers Coach correct?

Wasn't Parcells the Linebackers coach for the NYG before getting promoted to Head Coach, or did he hit DC for a few seasons too?

Comment

• Originally posted by DancingMonkey
                Singletary is Asst. Head Coach/Defense, and Linebackers Coach correct?

Wasn't Parcells the Linebackers coach for the NYG before getting promoted to Head Coach, or did he hit DC for a few seasons too?
                I'm pretty sure the NFL employment rules were different in the 80s.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
                  My Dream off-season would be:

FA: Sign Kris Dielman, OG, San Diego- Would sure up our LG position, is a pro-bowl quality guard, and could put Kosier as a solid backup, were he should be.

Draft: Round 1: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State: I absolute olve this kid, and after his dominance in the Senior Bowl I think he is just as good as Joe Thomas, if not better. He is a Mauler, but is a great pass blocker as well. Also has solid quickness for his size. Would be our left tackle of the future, and could sit and learn behind Flo for a year or two.

Round 2: Brandon Meriweather, FS/CB, Miami (FL): The best cover safety in the draft, some think he can play corner, so that pretty much assures his coverage skills. Is alittle lite but he can still lay the lumber. He is a top 15 talent but cause of some off-field issues he will drop. He will be one of the biggest steals of all time, mark my words.

OR

DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, DT, NC State: He is a big, strong, dominant DT, although he inconsistant at times, but I still like him. I think he can be a great 3-4 NT. Can also sit under Ferg for a year or 2 and spell him right away.

Round 3: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech: He may go before this, but I think it is possible he will be avaliable here. But anyway, this kid is a serious Mauler. He has the school record for bench press at 550 pounds. He will need alittle time to get used to a normal system and putting his hand on the ground because he was in Texas Tech's crazy offense, but that won't be a problem, he was fine in the senior Bowl. Ramirez, Dielman, and Brown, plus Culombo and Gurode would make this offensive line dominant, plus with our skill players, JUST IMAGINE OUR OFFENSE!!!!!!

So basically I want a dominat O-Line, a future dominant NT wouldn't hurt, or a good cover FS. We have the skill players, on both sides of the ball, now all we need is better line play. I think we have the pieces on defense, exept a future NT, but we need o-lineman.

What do you guys think?

Of and by the way what is up BBD? haven't talked to you in forever. I hear you like my boy Newman.
                  Whassup, long time. I missed your contributions, and always wanted to give you props for calling out how good TNew would be.

I really like that battle plan alot. Thats a very good battle plan. Me and you must think alike, because alot of guys Id love the Giants to nab, you pencilled in for the Cowboys too. I love Ramirez alot, I like Dielman alot, I like Merriweather alot, Im beginning to be intrigued by Brown, Tyler would work well at 3-4 NT, thats a great offseason if that happens for the Cowboys. Don't tell Jerry!

And yes, I do like Newman alot. I have seen the light. Top 3 CB in the league imo. You called it, mad props.

Comment

• Richie Anderson new Cardinals TE coach. Great guy.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01302007...cannizzaro.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                      Richie Anderson new Cardinals TE coach. Great guy.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01302007...cannizzaro.htm
                      Not hard to see BP's influence rubbed of on Wisenhunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc
                        Yeah, i thought that. Only way he goes to dallas is to be HC. I wasnt sure, but that article confirmed it.

Id rather singletary be hired as the cowboys HC, seeing as he will be a HC sooner rather than later. I doubt norv gets another HC spot besides dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          Originally posted by TNewFan41
                          My Dream off-season would be:

OR

What do you guys think?

Whassup, long time. I missed your contributions, and always wanted to give you props for calling out how good TNew would be.

I really like that battle plan alot. Thats a very good battle plan. Me and you must think alike, because alot of guys Id love the Giants to nab, you pencilled in for the Cowboys too. I love Ramirez alot, I like Dielman alot, I like Merriweather alot, Im beginning to be intrigued by Brown, Tyler would work well at 3-4 NT, thats a great offseason if that happens for the Cowboys. Don't tell Jerry!

And yes, I do like Newman alot. I have seen the light. Top 3 CB in the league imo. You called it, mad props.
                          Yea I went to the Giants team thread and saw you wanted Ramirez. Please don't take him, I love that kid. Thanks on the Newman thing, I knew he would be nasty. Hopefully another person drops out of the pro-bowl so Newman gets in, although he should already be the #1 guy, being the 2nd alternate is a joke.

Oh yea and did you guys know that Mike Singletary is only 5'9 1/2''!!!!!!

DANG!

Comment

• Well D-Unit it looks like hope is still alive and kicking:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...8FB27A01A852DD

Comment

• Apparently it was an 7-8 hour interview, so for those who thought it was a "token" interview i'd say no way. So either a. He will be our DC or b. Jerry totally fell in love with him and is going to say screw Norv and make Mike our new HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdnoyes
                                Apparently it was an 7-8 hour interview, so for those who thought it was a "token" interview i'd say no way. So either a. He will be our DC or b. Jerry totally fell in love with him and is going to say screw Norv and make Mike our new HC.
                                Mike Nolan will not alow Singletary to go to the Cowboys to become their DC.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information