X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edgrenade
    Originally posted by jdnoyes
    Apparently it was an 7-8 hour interview, so for those who thought it was a "token" interview i'd say no way. So either a. He will be our DC or b. Jerry totally fell in love with him and is going to say screw Norv and make Mike our new HC.
    Mike Nolan will not alow Singletary to go to the Cowboys to become their DC.
    Hrmm...well Mike Nolan has no control over whether or not Singletary goes to the boys. As far as I know he isn't the owner or GM of the niners. And, he apparently doesn't want Mike to be his DC. So assuming the niners ownership allowed him to interview for the DC job, it could happen.

Having said all that it appears from the post interview interview that Mike did not come here to interview for the DC job, and is only interested in the HC position. When asked if he could foresee possibly leaving the 49ers for different title in Dallas than head coach, Singletary said "I would say right now, just as a head coach." But....why did he do a 8+ hour interview? Perhaps it was for naught and Norv will be named coach tomorrow...and perhaps not. At least let us Cowboys fans dream that Jerry would do something great like hire Singletary for some position.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdnoyes
      Originally posted by edgrenade
      Apparently it was an 7-8 hour interview, so for those who thought it was a "token" interview i'd say no way. So either a. He will be our DC or b. Jerry totally fell in love with him and is going to say screw Norv and make Mike our new HC.
      Hrmm...well Mike Nolan has no control over whether or not Singletary goes to the boys. As far as I know he isn't the owner or GM of the niners. And, he apparently doesn't want Mike to be his DC. So assuming the niners ownership allowed him to interview for the DC job, it could happen.

Having said all that it appears from the post interview interview that Mike did not come here to interview for the DC job, and is only interested in the HC position. When asked if he could foresee possibly leaving the 49ers for different title in Dallas than head coach, Singletary said "I would say right now, just as a head coach." But....why did he do a 8+ hour interview? Perhaps it was for naught and Norv will be named coach tomorrow...and perhaps not. At least let us Cowboys fans dream that Jerry would do something great like hire Singletary for some position.
      The fact that it was 8+ hours makes me think that he'll be named HC sometime soon. I don't think JJ would talk to him for 8 hours unless he wants him to be HC. Maybe that's just wishful thinking...

BTW, it's spelled nought.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12

The fact that it was 8+ hours makes me think that he'll be named HC sometime soon. I don't think JJ would talk to him for 8 hours unless he wants him to be HC. Maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Actually naught is correct, although it can also be spelled nought which is the less used Old English spelling. but hey I can definately use someone to spell check my posts, cause my spelling sucks, and I got lucky with this one.

Comment

Actually the 49ers have complete control over the situation, since a move to DC is technically a lateral move and Singletary would have to get out of his current contract to come to Dallas...if Singletary were named head coach, however, he would be free to terminate that contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12

Actually naught is correct, although it can also be spelled nought which is the less used Old English spelling. but hey I can definately use someone to spell check my posts, cause my spelling sucks, and I got lucky with this one.
            Oh, then sorry. I've been reading some Shakespeare lately. Old English. My bad.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Check the Cards out now, Richie Anderson and Mo Carthon... nice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                Check the Cards out now, Richie Anderson and Mo Carthon... nice.
                Don't forget Todd Haley. That's the reason why I thought Wisenhunt was going to be our next head coach. The connections were already built up. Wisenhunt was the special teams coach when Palmer was the head coach in Cleveland. Sparano, Bowles and Haley were all there at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888

Actually the 49ers have complete control over the situation, since a move to DC is technically a lateral move and Singletary would have to get out of his current contract to come to Dallas...if Singletary were named head coach, however, he would be free to terminate that contract.
                  Isn't that what I just said?

Comment

Pet peeve, but it's not "Old English". It's Victorian/Early Modern English.

Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
                    þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
                    hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
                    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,

monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,
                    egsode eorlas. Syððan ærest wearð
                    feasceaft funden, he þæs frofre gebad,
                    weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,
                    oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra

ofer hronrade hyran scolde,
                    gomban gyldan. þæt wæs god cyning!
                    ðæm eafera wæs æfter cenned,
                    geong in geardum, þone god sende
                    folce to frofre; fyrenðearfe ongeat

þe hie ær drugon aldorlease
                    lange hwile. Him þæs liffrea,
                    wuldres wealdend, woroldare forgeaf;
                    Beowulf wæs breme (blæd wide sprang),
                    Scyldes eafera Scedelandum in.

Swa sceal geong guma gode gewyrcean,
                    fromum feohgiftum on fæder bearme,
                    þæt hine on ylde eft gewunigen
                    wilgesiþas, þonne wig cume,
                    leode gelæsten; lofdædum sceal

in mægþa gehwære man geþeon.
                    Him ða Scyld gewat to gescæphwile
                    felahror feran on frean wære.

THAT's Old English.

Carry on, Cowboys fans. And good luck on yer coaching hunt.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• If you say so, i'm just happy I spelled it right.

Comment

• So, if you're against Michael Griffin in the first, assuming that both Landry and Nelson are gone when we pick, do you think that we have to go after Weddle or Merriweather in the second?
                        And if Alama Francis fall to us in the third, do you think we should grab him?
                        I really believe that our pass rushing problems are in the d-line, and we don't need another rush-backer..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                          Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                          Check the Cards out now, Richie Anderson and Mo Carthon... nice.
                          Don't forget Todd Haley. That's the reason why I thought Wisenhunt was going to be our next head coach. The connections were already built up. Wisenhunt was the special teams coach when Palmer was the head coach in Cleveland. Sparano, Bowles and Haley were all there at the same time.
                          If BP would've made his decision sooner we could've had him.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen

Pet peeve, but it's not "Old English". It's Victorian/Early Modern English.

Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,
                            þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,
                            hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
                            Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,

monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,
                            egsode eorlas. Syððan ærest wearð
                            feasceaft funden, he þæs frofre gebad,
                            weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,
                            oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra

ofer hronrade hyran scolde,
                            gomban gyldan. þæt wæs god cyning!
                            ðæm eafera wæs æfter cenned,
                            geong in geardum, þone god sende
                            folce to frofre; fyrenðearfe ongeat

þe hie ær drugon aldorlease
                            lange hwile. Him þæs liffrea,
                            wuldres wealdend, woroldare forgeaf;
                            Beowulf wæs breme (blæd wide sprang),
                            Scyldes eafera Scedelandum in.

Swa sceal geong guma gode gewyrcean,
                            fromum feohgiftum on fæder bearme,
                            þæt hine on ylde eft gewunigen
                            wilgesiþas, þonne wig cume,
                            leode gelæsten; lofdædum sceal

in mægþa gehwære man geþeon.
                            Him ða Scyld gewat to gescæphwile
                            felahror feran on frean wære.

THAT's Old English.

Carry on, Cowboys fans. And good luck on yer coaching hunt.
                            Now that's impressive :D

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                            Albert Camus

Comment

• ha you know what... I did forget Haley. I like what there doing in Arizona though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
                                So, if you're against Michael Griffin in the first, assuming that both Landry and Nelson are gone when we pick, do you think that we have to go after Weddle or Merriweather in the second?
                                And if Alama Francis fall to us in the third, do you think we should grab him?
                                I really believe that our pass rushing problems are in the d-line, and we don't need another rush-backer..
                                If we don't touch S in the first round and meriweather is gone by the second round...I don't think you see us address it at all. Sabby is a thought..but not first day value for us...and likely won't be available on the second.

Alama Francis will be picked in the first two rounds at this point...so hoping for him in the third isn't something we should plan on doing. I was really underwhelmed what he did at Hawaii in the same scheme anyways. Hatcher is gonna be our pressure player on the DL I truly believe.

If your so keen on a safety first round...with the top two guys off the board...Henry would likely be the better move although doesn't make much sense cap wise. With top tier CB likely on the board it would give up better value.

My draft theory...skill positions early.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information