Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • yeah I missed the link edited to take it out.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by jdnoyes
      I'm glad that I don't have to check the internet to see if there is an announcement every 10 minutes, till after the superbowl. Also seems to be good news for those of us who are Singletary supporters. If Norv was the lock most of us thought he was Jerry would have gone ahead and made the announcement. Apparently Singletary made enough of an impression on Jerry to make him pause. And now he may interview Rivera and Caldwell, which is also good news.
      Apparently Norv's signing is contingent upon him bringing in a defensive coordinator that the Cowboys feel comfortable with. Norv is close to Ron Rivera and pitched bringing him in during the interview.

      Designs by Thule



      Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

      Comment


      • Hey guys did you know that Donte' Stallworth in an UFA?!?!?!?!

        I didn't know that, I thought the best one avaliable was Drew Bennet....

        So now if we got Stallworth I wouldn't care if we cut T.O.

        Sweet, just keeping the possibilities open.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LSUALUM99
          Originally posted by jdnoyes
          I'm glad that I don't have to check the internet to see if there is an announcement every 10 minutes, till after the superbowl. Also seems to be good news for those of us who are Singletary supporters. If Norv was the lock most of us thought he was Jerry would have gone ahead and made the announcement. Apparently Singletary made enough of an impression on Jerry to make him pause. And now he may interview Rivera and Caldwell, which is also good news.
          Apparently Norv's signing is contingent upon him bringing in a defensive coordinator that the Cowboys feel comfortable with. Norv is close to Ron Rivera and pitched bringing him in during the interview.
          We could also be waiting to see if SF is going to take Greg Manusky as their DC. I know the interviewed a couple other guys for the job just can't remember the names...one of the ryan brothers though I'm pretty sure about.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LSUALUM99
            Originally posted by jdnoyes
            I'm glad that I don't have to check the internet to see if there is an announcement every 10 minutes, till after the superbowl. Also seems to be good news for those of us who are Singletary supporters. If Norv was the lock most of us thought he was Jerry would have gone ahead and made the announcement. Apparently Singletary made enough of an impression on Jerry to make him pause. And now he may interview Rivera and Caldwell, which is also good news.
            Apparently Norv's signing is contingent upon him bringing in a defensive coordinator that the Cowboys feel comfortable with. Norv is close to Ron Rivera and pitched bringing him in during the interview.
            I honestly think Ron Rivera is at the stage where he wants a HC job.

            That doesn't bode well for Norv.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by D-Unit
              Originally posted by LSUALUM99
              Originally posted by jdnoyes
              I'm glad that I don't have to check the internet to see if there is an announcement every 10 minutes, till after the superbowl. Also seems to be good news for those of us who are Singletary supporters. If Norv was the lock most of us thought he was Jerry would have gone ahead and made the announcement. Apparently Singletary made enough of an impression on Jerry to make him pause. And now he may interview Rivera and Caldwell, which is also good news.
              Apparently Norv's signing is contingent upon him bringing in a defensive coordinator that the Cowboys feel comfortable with. Norv is close to Ron Rivera and pitched bringing him in during the interview.
              I honestly think Ron Rivera is at the stage where he wants a HC job.

              That doesn't bode well for Norv.
              That may be true, but there is only 1 HC spot available in the NFL right now so he can't exactly be choosy. I think that Rivera wants substantially more money (which he'd get from the Cowboys) AND this way he's out fron underneath Lovie's shadow as the designer of the defense.

              So, the idea that Rivera isn't getting a chance to interview this year NOR maybe next year based on their almost certain ability to get back to the NFC Championship round of the playoffs, it makes more sense to sign a big contract and get the credit for building a defense himself. There is a lot of reason for him to do it from a career standpoint.

              Designs by Thule



              Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TNewFan41

                So now if we got Stallworth I wouldn't care if we cut T.O.
                Please. I think that many of us are understimating what TO has bring to us.. Stallworth is nothing more than a discotinuous #2 receiver.. big play or bust...


                In Bob We Trust

                John Madden's wedding video business

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                Comment


                • Its so hard to get focused on draft day when we have no idea who our HC or DC will be. I can't even begin to put together a list of who we should draft when I don't even know what defense or even offense we will run. Jerry has been pretty steadfast of late that we will stay with the 3-4 post Bill, but I can see him being swayed back to the 4-3. I read somewhere an AFC front office type said unlike Pittsburgh, Dallas is in pretty good shape to run a 4-3 right off the bat. He said something to the effect of "give me a month with D-Ware and i'll make him Jason Taylor. Thats how much talent that kid has." But like I said before with no imminent announcement I think i'll take the weekend off from the Cowboys/draft and enjoy the Super Bowl.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jdnoyes
                    Its so hard to get focused on draft day when we have no idea who our HC or DC will be. I can't even begin to put together a list of who we should draft when I don't even know what defense or even offense we will run. Jerry has been pretty steadfast of late that we will stay with the 3-4 post Bill, but I can see him being swayed back to the 4-3. I read somewhere an AFC front office type said unlike Pittsburgh, Dallas is in pretty good shape to run a 4-3 right off the bat. He said something to the effect of "give me a month with D-Ware and i'll make him Jason Taylor. Thats how much talent that kid has." But like I said before with no imminent announcement I think i'll take the weekend off from the Cowboys/draft and enjoy the Super Bowl.
                    I would just like to point out there is a big difference between a base 4-3 and a cover 2 scheme...

                    Comment


                    • DO any of you have NFL Network and have seen this T.O. interview with Deion that I am hearing about? I don't have NFL Network so idk. Someone said that they showed T.O.'s hand it is was REALLY MESSED UP, and that he said he had nothing to do with bill leaving, that he should have been in the pro-bowl, and won't talk to the media at all next year.

                      Have any of you guys seen it?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TNewFan41
                        DO any of you have NFL Network and have seen this T.O. interview with Deion that I am hearing about? I don't have NFL Network so idk. Someone said that they showed T.O.'s hand it is was REALLY MESSED UP, and that he said he had nothing to do with bill leaving, that he should have been in the pro-bowl, and won't talk to the media at all next year.

                        Have any of you guys seen it?
                        If he doesn't talk to the media at all next year, then....


                        HOOOORAY!!!! :D

                        Comment


                        • I don't want Ron Rivera at all. He wouldn't keep the 3-4 (which I'm a huge fan of). Also, if there's one system I don't want us to run, it's the cover 2. It's soooo bad. We've used the last few years to adapt to the 3-4 and I say we keep it that way.

                          BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Staubach12
                            I don't want Ron Rivera at all. He wouldn't keep the 3-4 (which I'm a huge fan of). Also, if there's one system I don't want us to run, it's the cover 2. It's soooo bad. We've used the last few years to adapt to the 3-4 and I say we keep it that way.
                            I'm curious to see a source on this..

                            Comment


                            • I don't think he would change with the succcess he's had in Chicago running a cover 2. I don't have a source, it's speculatin for God's sake. I'm just saying I don't think he'd be willing to learn a whole new system that he has to coach. It's almost like Zimmer. I don't like that thought.

                              BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Staubach12
                                I don't want Ron Rivera at all. He wouldn't keep the 3-4 (which I'm a huge fan of). Also, if there's one system I don't want us to run, it's the cover 2. It's soooo bad. We've used the last few years to adapt to the 3-4 and I say we keep it that way.
                                Rivera was on a radio interview and said he wouldn't change the 3-4. He said he'd love to be HC in Dallas... When John Clayton asked him whether he could put together a good staff he put Clayton into place and said "Of course! There are a lot of good coaches out there!" hahaha!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information