This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story.../31/183131/262

We don't have to change back 4-3 if Rivera is HC.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc

We don't have to change back 4-3 if Rivera is HC.
      Sounds to me like he would make it a slow change but would still prefer the 4-3 eventually. Sort of like BP and his first two years in Dallas. I just can't see Rivera coming here and not wanting to eventually get the type of people to play his system, unless Jerry just flat out mandated the he would play the 3-4 and nothing more. While its obvious that we are lacking some of the guys to play the Tampa 2, I think we could easily be a 3-4/4-3 hybrid, with multiple looks, and thats what I think Rivera would do until such time as he felt he could run the sytem he wanted full time.

Comment

• Just thought some of you guys might be interested in watching this. Its a clip of Bill Parcells coaching punt returns to his team when he was with the Jets.

He just seemed so much more energetic back then.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6pFyzI55lf4

Comment

• People need to quit just flippantly throwing out lineups like:

RE Ware
          DT Spears
          NT Ferguson
          LE Ellis

WOLB Carpenter
          MLB James
          SOLB Ayodele

and thinking that its just that easy. IT'S NOT. Someone needs to tell Mickey "Smart Ass" Spagnola this, too.

It would be a complete and utter flip in defensive philosophies and responsibilities for us to do that. Ayodele already was unspectacular as the strong side 'backer in Jax. James was originally a weakside guy in our old 4-3. Carpenter always played strongside in college, and is probably too big to be ideally suited for the weakside in the pros. Ware doesn't have the frame to stand up to a 300+ lb LT for 60+ plays a game. Spears couldn't even crack the DT rotation this year in the nickel when we were in dire need of any kind of pass rush. Canty is much too lanky to play inside on a full-time basis. Ellis is near the end of his career, in which case we would need a replacement.

Add to all this that each of the young players - who are just now getting on their feet - would have a complete and utter makeover of their assignments and checks for their position, and you are just opening up hornets nest. It's a bad idea, and will lead to disaster.

Not only that, but one of the main reason's that Bill liked to run the 3-4 was because it was easier to acquire players that are suited for it, because there are so many more 4-3 teams in the league, thus leading to a higher demand for players that fit the "mold" of a 4-3 scheme, and making it easy to pick up players that fall "between" positions in a 4-3, but are ideal for a 3-4. This has shifter a little with the increased popularity of the 3-4 in the league, but is still true to an extent. The perfect example of this is the DeMarcus Ware/Shawne Merriman draft. If there would have been two guys that were as perfectly suited to be a dynamic pass rushing 4-3 end as they were to be 3-4 OLBs, neither one would have gotten out of the top 5 (especially in a relatively weak top tier of talent like that draft had). As was, they both fell out of the top 10, and we ended up with a talent that we never should have had a shot at, as did San Diego.

We are not changing. I would be willing to bet a large sum of money. And if we somehow DO change, I am personally boy-cotting next season.....unless we win
          Originally posted by 21ST
          He was protecting his self
          Originally posted by tjsunstein
          From what? His leg?
          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Manusky is the 49ers new DC...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• If any of you guys listen to the Lunch Break on DallasCowboys.com Radio, Nick Eatman thinks we should draft ramonce taylor on the second day. The more and more I think about it, the more and more I like the idea.

After seeing all the things a brian westbrook, and reggie bush, and even a kevin fualk type back could do for you, I think that Ramonce could be a great addition. That is assuming we trade JJ. Ramonce could really give us a screen gave and a serious threat out of the backfield, plus some big outside runs ever now and then, and Barber can handle the inside and power runs with ease. We could probably take him in the 6th or 7th round, if not an undrafted FA. We really need that type of back IMO. Plus trading JJ would get us either higher up in the 1st round, or a 3rd round pick.

He has top 10 talent, just had some big off the field issues. And from what the scouts are saying at the Texas Vs. The Nation practices they said that Ramonce really has his head on straight now. (got this from another forum, so I don't knwo how reliable it is, but why would that be made up?)

What do you guys think? please comment on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
                If any of you guys listen to the Lunch Break on DallasCowboys.com Radio, Nick Eatman thinks we should draft ramonce taylor on the second day. The more and more I think about it, the more and more I like the idea.

After seeing all the things a brian westbrook, and reggie bush, and even a kevin fualk type back could do for you, I think that Ramonce could be a great addition. That is assuming we trade JJ. Ramonce could really give us a screen gave and a serious threat out of the backfield, plus some bug outside runs ever now and then, and Barber can handle the inside and power runs with ease. We could probably take him in the 6th or 7th round, if not an undrafted FA. We really need that type of back IMO. Plus trading JJ would get us either higher up in the 1st round, or a 3rd round pick.

What do you guys think? please comment on this.
                I would rather not trade JJ, so not to keen on this idea obviously. Why trade away a 1,000 yard back and draft a worse back? Doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

• JJ is nothing special, Ramonce could very well be. Plus if Levi Brown is still on the board at 16, I trade our first and JJ to the Packers to move up to 16 IN A FREAKIN HEARTBEAT. Then we draft Ramonce in the 6th round or so. Even if we don't trade Julius, we could still draft Ramonce, I mean it is a 6th round pick, who cares.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
                    JJ is nothing special, Ramonce could very well be. Plus if Levi Brown is still on the board at 16, I trade our first and JJ to the Packers to move up to 16 IN A FREAKIN HEARTBEAT. Then we draft Ramonce in the 6th round or so. Even if we don't trade Julius, we could still draft Ramonce, I mean it is a 6th round pick, who cares.
                    Our first AND JJ is too much, imo. I rather gain a pick(2nd RD most likely) rather than trade away our 1st AND JJ.

Comment

• Flozall Adams will replace Walter Jones in the pro-bowl.

If there is any justice in the world, please Ronde Barber drop out and let Newman go.

Comment

• Oh and your Ramonce Taylor guy, isn't on Scott's list. Not that its a serious problem, but when I Googled Ramonce Taylor, all I could find were stories about this kid getting arrested for posession of marijuana, 5 POUNDS of marijuana. Not very intriguing, to say the least.

Comment

• Ramonce Taylor has GREAT potential. I hope we draft but I doubt we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
                            Oh and your Ramonce Taylor guy, isn't on Scott's list. Not that its a serious problem, but when I Googled Ramonce Taylor, all I could find were stories about this kid getting arrested for posession of marijuana, 5 POUNDS of marijuana. Not very intriguing, to say the least.
                            scott is not the best draft expert int he world if you catch my drift.

But anyway, Ramonce has top 10 pick talent, plus we could get him in liek the 6th-7th round, so who cares. :roll:

He would be our slasher, and barber is everything else. He is also a great return man.

Here is a highlight video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e6BMbgRvY...elated&search=

Comment

• These 4 of the first 6 links that came up when I googled Ramonce Taylor:

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp...nav=menu73_5_1

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2444916

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=2050

http://www.bevosports.com/2006/05/14...ylor-arrested/

does this matter to you or not? Just asking, not making a premtive decision, the highlights speak for themselves. He looks like a great player.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
                                NOT WHEN HE IS GONNA BE PICKED IN THE 6TH ROUND, AND IF HE SUCKS WE JUST CUT HIM!!!! PLUS THE SCOUTS AT THE TEXAS VS. THE NATION GAME HAVE SAID HE HAS HID HEAD ON STRAIGHT.

WE NEED A GAMEBREAKER ON THIS TEAM, AND THAT IS WHAT HE IS. WE DON'T HAVE A RB WITH GAME BREAKING SPEED, JULIUS DOESN'T HAVE THAT, SORRY, AND HE NEVER WILL. HE IS SLOW AS F***.

IT WOULD JUST BE AN EXPERIMENT, A 6TH ROUND PICK, WHO CARES.

And here is another video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SOXvVKTzKsI (some of the same highlights, but there are other ones as well)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information