X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
    Originally posted by bigmac076
    NOT WHEN HE IS GONNA BE PICKED IN THE 6TH ROUND, AND IF HE SUCKS WE JUST CUT HIM!!!! PLUS THE SCOUTS AT THE TEXAS VS. THE NATION GAME HAVE SAID HE HAS HID HEAD ON STRAIGHT.

WE NEED A GAMEBREAKER ON THIS TEAM, AND THAT IS WHAT HE IS. WE DON'T HAVE A RB WITH GAME BREAKING SPEED, JULIUS DOESN'T HAVE THAT, SORRY, AND HE NEVER WILL. HE IS SLOW AS F***.

IT WOULD JUST BE AN EXPERIMENT, A 6TH ROUND PICK, WHO CARES

And here is another video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SOXvVKTzKsI (some of the same highlights, but there are other ones as well)
    The highlights are very impressive, but look at what you are saying. An experiment and if he sucks we just cut him. So we trade away Julius and if this guy sucks then we cut him. Where does that leave us?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
      Originally posted by TNewFan41
      NOT WHEN HE IS GONNA BE PICKED IN THE 6TH ROUND, AND IF HE SUCKS WE JUST CUT HIM!!!! PLUS THE SCOUTS AT THE TEXAS VS. THE NATION GAME HAVE SAID HE HAS HID HEAD ON STRAIGHT.

WE NEED A GAMEBREAKER ON THIS TEAM, AND THAT IS WHAT HE IS. WE DON'T HAVE A RB WITH GAME BREAKING SPEED, JULIUS DOESN'T HAVE THAT, SORRY, AND HE NEVER WILL. HE IS SLOW AS F***.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SOXvVKTzKsI (some of the same highlights, but there are other ones as well)
      The highlights are very impressive, but look at what you are saying. An experiment and if he sucks we just cut him. So we trade away Julius and if this guy sucks then we cut him. Where does that leave us?
      Because I know he won't suck.

He has Reggie Bush type talent, if he keeps his head on straight which I believe he will, he can be a pro-bowler. And we need that type of back. Julius doesn't have that type of speed. Julius is just a blob in our system IMO. He barely has more speed than Barber, and he certainly doesn't have even close to as much power, he is a poor blocker, and isn't a great receiving threat. Ramonce and Barber would go perfect together, trade Julius for another 2nd or 3rd rounder then and grab another good O-Lineman.

Comment

He has Reggie Bush type talent, if he keeps his head on straight which I believe he will, he can be a pro-bowler. And we need that type of back. Julius doesn't have that type of speed. Julius is just a blob in our system IMO. He barely has more speed than Barber, and he certainly doesn't have even close to as much power, he is a poor blocker, and isn't a great receiving threat. Ramonce and Barber would go perfect together, trade Julius for another 2nd or 3rd rounder then and grab another good O-Lineman.
        I like the idea at the end, and like I said, this kid looks very good on tape. I admit Julius and Barber are definetly not the perfect speed and power combo. I wouldn't object to a trade involving JJ as long as we get enough back.

Comment

We have no idea what system we'll be running.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
          Albert Camus

Comment

• I would take him in the 5th or later. I also see him as a Reggie Bush type and think he can be good if he keeps his head on straight. On another note I would not trade Julius unless somebody gives a crazy proposal.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lmuVpNYVIg

as long as were dreaming lets trade j.j. and our first and third to move up to 8th and draft this guy :D :D

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• what are your guys take on Norv.ive heard hes supposed to be the leading canidate.what are your thoughts?
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

• Quite honestly, I don't understand why everyone is so down on Julius all of a sudden. He didn't have a bad season at all, and he showed signs of improvement throughout the year. He certainly needs to look for a cutback lane a little bit more often, and finish his runs, but in my mind, that may have been a byproduct of not wanting to displease Bill. Another coach, like Norv Turner, could do him wonders. I still think he has the potential to be one of the better backs in the league.

Oh, and there is no way Flozell should have made the Probowl. I would've taken Columbo over him.

Comment

• I just like Ramonce Taylor, and he could do wonders for our team IMO with his specific skill set.

I am pretty sure we will draft him as well. Jerry will take him in the 6th round or so, I just know it.

Comment

• Here are 2 quotes from a guy who is at the Texas Vs. The Nation practices:

Day Three at the Texas Vs. The Nation game was the best practice I’ve watched in the last three weeks (sorry Shrine Game and Senior Bowl). During the Monday and Tuesday practices it seemed like this game was going to be… different. Not like the “exhibitions” in Houston and Mobile the last two weeks. Ramonce Taylor has been the lightning rod for the thing that will make this game different - a crackling, ever-growing ball of emotional energy that both teams are rallying around. All week, Ramonce has been exhorting his teammates. His mood was euphoric from the first drill on Monday.
                      The RBs were not highlighted much running the ball. Paul Mosley (Baylor) did deliver some punishing blows and truly used his size as a weapon. Gary Russell seemed have his best day so far, displaying crisp cuts. Marcus Mason (Youngstown St) again displayed the short area quickness that gave him “move of the day” honors on Monday with great breaks running routes in the passing drill. Quentin Smith (Rice) again impressed me with his patience and burst, complimented by a good pad level. Justise Hairston (Central Connecticut State) continued to show some of the best vision of any of the RBs. He also seemed like a real mature, high character guy when I talked to him. Justin Vincent (LSU) did not stand out running the ball, but he looked very natural running a wheel route. No disrespect to the other RBs, but Ramonce Taylor (Texas College) is on another level with the ball in his hands. He has exceptional quickness and moves on the fly and just plays at a different speed, both mentally and physically. He even put his shoulder down and pushed a tackler backwards.
                      That a boy Ramonce. Jerry you better draft this kid.

Comment

I just like Ramonce Taylor, and he could do wonders for our team IMO with his specific skill set.

I am pretty sure we will draft him as well. Jerry will take him in the 6th round or so, I just know it.
                        I wouldn't mind spending a 6th round pick on him (we have 2, due to the Pete Hunter trade), but I'm sure that we can find someone that fills a depth need a little better. I'm pretty confident with Julius, MBIII and TT as our backs. I'd rather spend that pick on a CB, DT, DE, OL, or QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888
                          I just like Ramonce Taylor, and he could do wonders for our team IMO with his specific skill set.

I wouldn't mind spending a 6th round pick on him (we have 2, due to the Pete Hunter trade), but I'm sure that we can find someone that fills a depth need a little better. I'm pretty confident with Julius, MBIII and TT as our backs. I'd rather spend that pick on a CB, DT, DE, OL, or QB.
                          I woudln't, and read the post above you.

Ramonce will be a pro-bowler, i'll put money on it right now.

Comment

• Reggie Ball would look good in a highlight package, so I wouldn't base my judgment on Taylor on that. And it istrue Julius is nothing special, but 95% of the teams in the league right now don't have a LT in there backfield, so why trade him away because he is not "special". I've never got that argument. Julius is more then adequate to run in front of Barber, and vice versa. To trade him away would a step back in my opinion. We know what were going to get out of him, and believe or not he is productive back. And his game will improve if we upgrade our O-line, so I really see no reason to get rid of him, or to draft another RB.

Comment

• W/e, I just like Ramonce Taylor, I think he brings something to our team that we need. Speed and receiving out of the backfield.

Comment

IT WOULD JUST BE AN EXPERIMENT, A 6TH ROUND PICK, WHO CARES.

WHAT!?!?!?! JULIUS IS SLOW? HE RUNS A 4.3 FOR GOD'S SAKE!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4-2H7WHErZA

No speed at all, right?

Wow, you just lost TONS of credibility.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information