This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Staubach12
    On a side note, I want to see Julius Jones back returning kicks this year.
    uh... you mean Tyson Thompson right?

Comment

• IDC who the coach is, the Cowboys are winning super bowl 42, and Tony Joseph Romo will be the MVP, and I will become admin of nfldraftcountdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu
        IDC who the coach is, the Cowboys are winning super bowl 42, and Tony Joseph Romo will be the MVP, and I will become admin of nfldraftcountdown.
        Sig quote.

Comment

• Not back as in he did it before, back as in the back of the formation. You know, back to receive the kick? He did it at ND and did it well. I'd like to see him there just to see if he can make an impact there.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Not back as in he did it before, back as in the back of the formation. You know, back to receive the kick? He did it at ND and did it well. I'd like to see him there just to see if he can make an impact there.
            Personally, I'm fine with the job Tyson and Miles did this season...they both had very solid averages, and I don't want to see Julius get hurt again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble
              Originally posted by yodachu
              IDC who the coach is, the Cowboys are winning super bowl 42, and Tony Joseph Romo will be the MVP, and I will become admin of nfldraftcountdown.
              Sig quote.
              Can u please make a little retraction and make it Anthony Joseph Romo.

Comment

• Antonio

Comment

• http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/...e.1d6e016.html

Nguyen to coach? I love the guy, I would be very happy with him as our LB coach..

The only one who really likes Turner seems to be Troy Aikman.. But maybe in Big-D Turner could have success again...
                  Btw, I hope Bowles won't become the DC..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Former Cowboys linebacker Dat Nguyen is talking to the Cowboys about joining the coaching staff, according to sources. Nguyen interviewed with the University of Houston about becoming an assistant coach a few weeks ago. If Nguyen, who played with the Cowboys from 1999 to 2005, is hired by the Cowboys it will occur after a head coach is hired.
                    Dat Nguyen Future in Dallas?

Comment

Originally posted by charles_haley_rules
                      Sure the defense was less than stellar down the stretch, but the offense not scoring was the real problem. When you have Romo, TO, TG, JJ, Barber, and Whitten on offense, that should be a nightmare for teams. Norv can bring that. Garret I like, I do, but he has two years experience, he isn’t ready to be a head coach. But he is a young hot hand and is credited with many for being Aikman’s coach during the nineties as much as Norv.
                      How was the offense a problem? We were #5 in the league. How is that a probem? Our defenses collapse at the end of the year was the problem. 13th in the league isn't exactly great, and we were the 32nd ranked D in the league in the last 3 or 4 weeks. That's a lot worse than "less than stellar." That being said we don't need to bring in an offensive minded HC ei Norv Turner. Garrett can run the offense, he'll be fine, but the defense is a major concern.
                      All I'm saying is the offense sputtered down the stretch, as did the defense. Why did the Colts win? Their offense held the ball for 38 minutes allowing the defense to stay fresh and able to play at a high level. Norv has a history od producing thousand yard rushers everywhere he goes, which is good for the defense. Is it a coincidence the Colts finally won the big one when they developed a power running game?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                        Originally posted by Staubach12
                        On a side note, I want to see Julius Jones back returning kicks this year.
                        ???????????
                        uh why? We led the NFC in return average didnt we? And i think its bad policy to have your starting running back as your kickoff returner.....

Comment

• So, Caldwell will probably get interviewed sometime today. I'm not so sure, how much of a shot he has for HC but, I would love for him to be hired as our next QB coach. He's been working with the best, i think he would have a lot to offer our team and Mr. Romo. Can you imagine if Romo started playing like Peyton... calling audible after audible at the line...ha. Probably, not gonna happen but, i still think he can really help Tony.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Ron Rivera will be interviewed today barring weather issues per espn.

While Rivera did not rule out making a lateral move when asked during Super Bowl week, the complication in that scenario is that he remains under contract to the Bears until Feb. 20. They could therefore preclude him from making a lateral move until then, if head coach Lovie Smith and GM Jerry Angelo were so inclined.

Also, The Colts have received the paperwork from the Cowboys, requesting permission to interview Colts assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell. Permission has been granted, but there is no timetable as to when Caldwell will interview with the Cowboys.

A Colts source said that Caldwell would be unlikely to accept a position in Dallas, with Jason Garrett already hired to lead the offensive coaching staff, because Caldwell has no experience coaching with him.

Jones has said he will not name a head coach to replace Bill Parcells until Wednesday at the earliest.
                            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2755878

Comment

• I guess they put Caldwell's off a day or so to get the big man in there. Also, i heard we wont name a coach until Thursday becasue, JJ didnt want to have it overshadow national signing day. I guess i could wait a few more days. ugh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                                So, Caldwell will probably get interviewed sometime today. I'm not so sure, how much of a shot he has for HC but, I would love for him to be hired as our next QB coach. He's been working with the best, i think he would have a lot to offer our team and Mr. Romo. Can you imagine if Romo started playing like Peyton... calling audible after audible at the line...ha. Probably, not gonna happen but, i still think he can really help Tony.
                                I doubt Indy would give us permission to talk to Caldwell to hire him as a QB coach, and I doubt that Caldwell would take that job when it clearly has no future with Jason Garrett above him on the chain of command.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information