X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JJJ888
    Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
    So, Caldwell will probably get interviewed sometime today. I'm not so sure, how much of a shot he has for HC but, I would love for him to be hired as our next QB coach. He's been working with the best, i think he would have a lot to offer our team and Mr. Romo. Can you imagine if Romo started playing like Peyton... calling audible after audible at the line...ha. Probably, not gonna happen but, i still think he can really help Tony.
    I doubt Indy would give us permission to talk to Caldwell to hire him as a QB coach, and I doubt that Caldwell would take that job when it clearly has no future with Jason Garrett above him on the chain of command.
    Oh, i know I was just dreaming a bit. It doesnt seem likely at all, I dont really understand the point of interviewing him. We do need to find a QB coach somewhere though. Atleast Palmer is gone, couldnt say that i was a fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
      Originally posted by JJJ888
      Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
      So, Caldwell will probably get interviewed sometime today. I'm not so sure, how much of a shot he has for HC but, I would love for him to be hired as our next QB coach. He's been working with the best, i think he would have a lot to offer our team and Mr. Romo. Can you imagine if Romo started playing like Peyton... calling audible after audible at the line...ha. Probably, not gonna happen but, i still think he can really help Tony.
      I doubt Indy would give us permission to talk to Caldwell to hire him as a QB coach, and I doubt that Caldwell would take that job when it clearly has no future with Jason Garrett above him on the chain of command.
      Oh, i know I was just dreaming a bit. It doesnt seem likely at all, I dont really understand the point of interviewing him. We do need to find a QB coach somewhere though. Atleast Palmer is gone, couldnt say that i was a fan.
      I don't believe we're interviewing him at all. It's probably just smokescreen.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
      Albert Camus

Comment

• I hate the waiting game. I just wish JJ would make up his mind. Frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
          I hate the waiting game. I just wish JJ would make up his mind. Frustrating.
          Yeah, and the really frustrating thing about this waiting is that there's a decent chance our coaching staff will still end up like this:

HC - Turner
          DC - Bowles
          OC - Garrett

That could have been announced two weeks ago.

I'm also concerned about who we are going to find to fill the holes on our offensive staff. We also need a Specials Teams coordinator. That's the really bad thing about all this waiting--we're missing out on the best available assistants, as well as losing our own assistants.

Comment

• If Norv is the new HC, I could see Ginn or Meachum in the 1st, seeing they could really fit the system he wants to run. Just a thought.

Comment

• Here's the deal with Norv - he doesn't want Garrett as an OC. He doesn't think the kid is ready. This is the biggest thing going against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                Here's the deal with Norv - he doesn't want Garrett as an OC. He doesn't think the kid is ready. This is the biggest thing going against him.

Where did you hear this? Everything that's come out from the Dallas Media is that Norv wanted Jason Garrett for the last couple of years so he's been a huge champion for Garrett.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  Here's the deal with Norv - he doesn't want Garrett as an OC. He doesn't think the kid is ready. This is the biggest thing going against him.

Where did you hear this? Everything that's come out from the Dallas Media is that Norv wanted Jason Garrett for the last couple of years so he's been a huge champion for Garrett.
                  Yeah, but not as OC.

ESPN not Chris Mortenson.
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2755878

Sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley one of the holdups to Turner's candidacy is that he doesn't think Jason Garrett is ready to be an offensive coordinator. Garrett interviewed for the head coaching position almost two weeks ago, but he's been expected to become the offensive coordinator.

Jones would like for Garrett to take on some of the play-calling reponsibilities, but sources said Turner doesn't think he's ready. Turner is a fan of Garrett's, but may be leaning toward naming Cowboys assistant head coach/offensive line Tony Sparano the offensive coordinator and using Garrett in a different role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                    Originally posted by LSUALUM99
                    Originally posted by Ward

Yeah, but not as OC.

ESPN not Chris Mortenson.
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2755878

Sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley one of the holdups to Turner's candidacy is that he doesn't think Jason Garrett is ready to be an offensive coordinator. Garrett interviewed for the head coaching position almost two weeks ago, but he's been expected to become the offensive coordinator.

Jones would like for Garrett to take on some of the play-calling reponsibilities, but sources said Turner doesn't think he's ready. Turner is a fan of Garrett's, but may be leaning toward naming Cowboys assistant head coach/offensive line Tony Sparano the offensive coordinator and using Garrett in a different role.
                    I saw that. I really wonder if we'll demote Garrett just to get Norv, or we'll take someone else. Maybe Norv will just deal with it...

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Since most of the talk around here has centered on the coaching staff and the upcoming draft, I want to throw in a little something to spice things up.

One of the most irksome arguments that I have run into over the last few months is the assertion that Tony Romo did not deserve to go to the Pro Bowl. So, I was perusing some of the stats, and noticed a common theme beginning to emerge: Romo was continually coming in at or near the top of the league in basically every meaningful category:

Cat.........Rank
                      Comp%..2nd
                      YPA........1st
                      TD%.......t2nd
                      YPG........4th (based upon 11 games, even though he only played 10.5)

The most intriguing stat of all is the fact that he was ranked second in the league in comp%, despite the fact that he was tops in yards per attempt. That is truly amazing. The only guy ahead of him in % was David Carr, who averaged 6.26 yards per attempt. Good for about 28th or so in the league. Translation: he threw a ton of short, dump off type passes.

However, Tony was throwing the ball downfield with regularity, and still managed to get that high of a completion percentage. He came in at 65.3% and 8.61 respectively. Compare that to Peyton, who was 65.0% and 7.89.

So, the question here is: why is he only 5th in overall rating if he came in so highly on basically every meaningful category? The answer: turnovers.

Consider this: among the top 18 rated passers in the league, Romo's 3.9% interception rate was the highest of the group. Higher than JP Losman, Delhomme, Carr, Garrard, Kitna and Eli Manning -- all considered to be turnover machines. Not only that, it more than doubled the rates of Peyton, McNabb, Bulger, Brunell and Damon Huard.

Amazing to think that Bill warned us all of this back in October.

Clearly, Tony is a potential top-shelf starter for us going forward. However, it is just as clear that he has to find a way to take better control of the ball in order for us to succeed. He got away with some of that reckless abandon against the likes of Arizona, Washington, and Tampa, but it caught up with him in the end.

If he can find a way to continue making those plays, but temper it with a little more timely discretion, he might find himself being mentioned with the games best before too long.
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Well it looks like Rivera should be arriving in Dallas within 15 minutes or so, reported by Calvin Watkins.
                        "Red Ball"

Comment

• Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                          Well it looks like Rivera should be arriving in Dallas within 15 minutes or so, reported by Calvin Watkins.
                          What happened to your Norv Turner avatar?

Sorry... just thought that was tooo funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                            Originally posted by CTCowboysFan
                            Well it looks like Rivera should be arriving in Dallas within 15 minutes or so, reported by Calvin Watkins.
                            What happened to your Norv Turner avatar?

Sorry... just thought that was tooo funny!
                            Well I am all for Norv Turner but I think it's going to be Ron Rivera now. Both would blow me away, but I think it has got to be Rivera.

But I will tell you this big D, it won't be Singletary.
                            "Red Ball"

Comment

• Wow, Andre Gurode added to the pro-bowl:

http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id...DD6AC049027F82

Good for Gurpde but come on. All of our alternates go accept Newman. Please give me justice, Ronde drop out!!!!!!!!!!! Is there still a chance or is the deadline past?

Newman should be the #1, not the second alternate.

Next year I will get so many votes for newman it won't even be funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodachu
                                Originally posted by Gribble
                                Originally posted by yodachu
                                IDC who the coach is, the Cowboys are winning super bowl 42, and Tony Joseph Romo will be the MVP, and I will become admin of nfldraftcountdown.
                                Sig quote.
                                Can u please make a little retraction and make it Anthony Joseph Romo.
                                Antonio ramiro romo

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information