X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
    Wade is going to do a great job. Thank god it is not Norv. :D

Our defense is going to get so much pressure, I can't wait. And you know what that means, more INT's for Newman, and finally a pro-bowl berth (knocks on wood).

Our DB's aren't that old, Henry is 29 as of right now, and 30 isn't even old anymore, plus DB's play for the longest in the NFL besides QB.

But signing Adalius Thomas is just stupid to me, I know that you can't enough linebackers in the 3-4, but that is for depth purposes, not for star players purposes. We will have too many players with starting potential, in fact we already do, so adding adalius would just be stupid. I think we should trade a LB IMO, and if we pick up any they better be for back up purposes only.

And BBD you make very good points, and don't take this the wrong way, but I think your scared. Wade is going to put our defense over the top and without Tiki you uguys are done, even with tiki you would be done actually. And and I both know it.
    To be honest with you, when BP retired I breathed a sigh of relief. Wade Phillips is not better than BP, even the old tired version that Dallas had. Everything said in the press conference sounds great. We went through the same thing with Coughlin. Wade is gonna say all the right things. But actions speak louder, and his actions up to this point in his career does not scare me that much.

It might sound weird, but I have a feeling Washington might be back in a big way next year. Thats who is really scaring me right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
      Just got back from the Pro Bowl practice at Aloha Stadium!

Guess who got Tony Romo to sign his Dallas Cowboys helmet???

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Almost got in a scrap with a guy who's ankle I stepped on in order to get to Romo, but it was worth it! Haha!

Tonight... Pro Bowl Block Party in Waikiki! :D :D
      Very nice. Romo also won the QB skills challenge.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
      Albert Camus

Comment

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost got in a scrap with a guy who's ankle I stepped on in order to get to Romo, but it was worth it! Haha!

You should be boycotting the pro-bowl because Newman is not in it, shame on you.

And BBD, Bill Parcells sucks now, way to conservative and had to have his paws all over everything. Our defense is gonna be so dominant I can't wait!!!!

Fast forward to Septemeber!!!!!!!!!

You know your scared, and without Tiki do you really expect to even make the playoffs? I expect the giants to be picking in the top 10 of the 2008 draft, no offense.

And Wade never had a team with as much talent as we do, the Cowboys are the most talented team in the league. Our defense is gonna get so much pressure, and with Newman and Henry covering you, your screwed.

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          Originally posted by TNewFan41

Our defense is going to get so much pressure, I can't wait. And you know what that means, more INT's for Newman, and finally a pro-bowl berth (knocks on wood).

Our DB's aren't that old, Henry is 29 as of right now, and 30 isn't even old anymore, plus DB's play for the longest in the NFL besides QB.

But signing Adalius Thomas is just stupid to me, I know that you can't enough linebackers in the 3-4, but that is for depth purposes, not for star players purposes. We will have too many players with starting potential, in fact we already do, so adding adalius would just be stupid. I think we should trade a LB IMO, and if we pick up any they better be for back up purposes only.

And BBD you make very good points, and don't take this the wrong way, but I think your scared. Wade is going to put our defense over the top and without Tiki you uguys are done, even with tiki you would be done actually. And and I both know it.
          To be honest with you, when BP retired I breathed a sigh of relief. Wade Phillips is not better than BP, even the old tired version that Dallas had. Everything said in the press conference sounds great. We went through the same thing with Coughlin. Wade is gonna say all the right things. But actions speak louder, and his actions up to this point in his career does not scare me that much.

It might sound weird, but I have a feeling Washington might be back in a big way next year. Thats who is really scaring me right now.
          The thing that worries me most about the Skins is that backfield if Portis comes back strong. Betts played extremely well down the stretch. Could be very potent. That's what you need with a young QB. The defense doesn't frighten me in the least.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
          Albert Camus

Comment

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky man, now all you have to do is sell it to one of us. :roll:

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense

The thing that worries me most about the Skins is that backfield if Portis comes back strong. Betts played extremely well down the stretch. Could be very potent. That's what you need with a young QB. The defense doesn't frighten me in the least.
              Their defense will be back next year. They had a plethora of injuries this year. Add either Allan Branch or Jamal Anderson to that unit, and its gonna be pretty darned good. Im telling you, its way to early to say anything yet, but they could be back in a big way next year.

As for as the Giants, I can't honestly comment yet. FA and the draft haven't come by yet, who knows what happens. Right now, Im not as optimistic as I was last year, but at the same time, if we can stay healthy and improve our unit via FA and the draft, I don't see why we can't have a fighting man's chance. We afterall did make the playoffs with damn near half the roster injured.

Everything will be clearer after the draft. Right now, who knows how things pan out. NO made the NFC championship game with good coaching, good FA moves, and a solid draft. So anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Poet3334

Their defense will be back next year. They had a plethora of injuries this year. Add either Allan Branch or Jamal Anderson to that unit, and its gonna be pretty darned good. Im telling you, its way to early to say anything yet, but they could be back in a big way next year.

As for as the Giants, I can't honestly comment yet. FA and the draft haven't come by yet, who knows what happens. Right now, Im not as optimistic as I was last year, but at the same time, if we can stay healthy and improve our unit via FA and the draft, I don't see why we can't have a fighting man's chance. We afterall did make the playoffs with damn near half the roster injured.

Everything will be clearer after the draft. Right now, who knows how things pan out. NO made the NFC championship game with good coaching, good FA moves, and a solid draft. So anything is possible.
                I guess your right.

Comment

I think a rebuilding year is close for the redskins.

They keep putting off impending salary cap hell by releasing and restructuring players. Eventually they are going to be in full blown rebuilding mode. And they wont have a core of players to build around.

Id say giants and eagles duke it out for the NFC east title.

Comment

• Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
                    That's a joke right?

Giants blow, eagles blow.

If the Cowboys don't take the East by atleast 3 games we will be a serious let down.

Comment

Originally posted by "49ersfan_87
                      That's a joke right?

If the Cowboys don't take the East by atleast 3 games we will be a serious let down.
                      How? The eagles won the division with a backup QB.

If reid actually runs the ball, and gets some help to stop the run, they are deadly IMO.

The giants were hit HARD by injuries. They lost a lot of players to injuries. Guys like

Luke Petigout
                      Justin Tuck
                      Osi Umeniyora
                      Carlos Emmons
                      Michael Strahan
                      Amani Toomer

But it all depends on how they rebound from tiki and eli stepping up.

Comment

Originally posted by Poet3334

BBD, I have to say one thing -- without Tiki you guys are in deep trouble unless the D plays much better. You are telling me Eli is ready for this challenge? Not yet IMHO. I can see some serious problems next year in NYG land.

I think the Cowboys are going to struggle because too much new coaching. They are the most talented but you are correct that losing Parcells is huge. This team was one year of maturity away from doing a 13-3 but that is bye-bye now ..... TO will cost the team a game or two. Roy in coverage a game or two. Garrett being new a game or two.

I think next year is between Redskins and Eagles barring injuries. Both D's will play better and those two have among the best running attacks / OL in the NFL. So my "prediction" is .......

Eagles 11-5
                        Redskin 10-6
                        Dallas 9-7
                        Giants 6-10

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87
                          That's a joke right?

I kind of remember you saying that the cowboys were leagues above everyone in the east last year. That didn't work out so well for ya.

Comment

bbd, Anderson or Branch would be the only player they will add. They had only their first round pick (the sweetest thing is that they traded their third for TJ "cheeseburger" Duckett"). And maybe Anderson or Branch would play for them only ST. Every year they seem afraid to let their rookies play.
                            Maybe they will spend a lot of money on a guy as they did every year, but I don't see a FA who can come in Washington and make a huge difference.

On defense, their line is mediocre. Carter looks like a FA bust, and they have a ridicolous amount of sacks this past season. They will still have Lemar Marshall in the middle. And their secondary are just so and so. Taylor got beat all season long and they have no one to play the other safety position. Shawn Springs performances are falling down year after year, and Carlos Rogers needs to step up if they won't to stop the NFC wrs.
                            So no, their defense doesn't scary me at all.

80% of their offense is their OL. Betts played so well because of his OL.
                            They will lose Dockery and they're starting to get old. Both Jansen and Thomas are 31, and Jansen seemed like he has lost a step last year. If their oline plays bad they are a real bad team on offense. Their WRs are way to inconsistant. Moss is the definitin of inconsistance, Randle El is a joke and so is Lloyd. Campbell played well, but he was well protected.
                            Look at the Eagles. Garcia played so well because he had all time to throw. Any QB in the league will kill you with five-six seconds to throw. Yes, even Drew Bledsoe.

And I know you have a man-crush on Parcells, but I simply don't see him as a great coach anymore. He's old, he made a great work for us putting in Big-D the right players. Right now the game isn't anymore "you have to run and stop the run to win". This is Parcells philosophy. We were able to stop the run, and we were able to run. But hey, if other teams tried to throw the ball, they were killing us. Even if we had arguable the best trio of CBs in the league. You can say that the problem was the safeties play, and I would agree with you, but the very problem was that we can't get pressure to the QB. Our playcalling WAS way to conservative. Anyone should kill you if you give him time.
                            I simply don't like very much Parcells philosphy of "stop the run on 1st and 2nd and then put your nickel defense on the field". This philosophy doesn't work so well anymore. You have to put other teams in 2nd and 3rd and long situation. And you can't do that if you rush only four guys and the d-line can't put pressure. Phillips is gonna use our d-line better, imo.
                            This is a quote from Luis Castillo

"Those guys are going to love his system," Chargers defensive end Luis Castillo said. "They've been in a straight-forward 3-4 defense where they were two-gapping. They're going to do a lot more moving, a lot more blitzing. They're going to have opportunities to make plays."
                            So, is Phillips a better coach than Parcells? Overall no, but right now I guess he should do a better job. I thank Parcells because he has given us a very talented team. But with all this talent he can't win. So or we are not so talented or Parcells wasn't so good as a coach.
                            Imo he was very good in picking player and growing them up, but on the field he seemed to have lost his passion.
                            And I really think that we have a very talented team. All we miss is a great guard to replace Rivera, but look at our roster, we have great players in all positions.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix
                              That's a joke right?

I kind of remember you saying that the cowboys were leagues above everyone in the east last year. That didn't work out so well for ya.
                              They were, and they still are. They had a couple of bad games at the end, oh well. The giants suck with Tiki, without him, OMG, have fun picking in the top 10 of the 2008 draft.

Wade Phillips is gonna make our defense so sick it isn't even funny.

And Jason Garret isn't going to hold our offense back, he will take it to the next level.

Parcells held everything back, so we are not gonna be held back, the cowboys are gonna dominate. If we aren't atleast in the NFC Title game it will be a huge letdown.

And the Eagles??? are you serious? thgey got on a little hot streak at the end with garcia, oh wow. They are a joke, please. They go 8-8 or worse next year.

The Cowboys have the most talent by far, now he have the coaches that won't hold them back.

OMG we are gonna DOMINATE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Damix
                                That's a joke right?

They were, and they still are. They had a couple of bad games at the end, oh well. The giants suck with Tiki, without him, OMG, have fun picking in the top 10 of the 2008 draft.

Wade Phillips is gonna make our defense so sick it isn't even funny.

And Jason Garret isn't going to hold our offense back, he will take it to the next level.

Parcells held everything back, so we are not gonna be held back, the cowboys are gonna dominate. If we aren't atleast in the NFC Title game it will be a huge letdown.

And the Eagles??? are you serious? thgey got on a little hot streak at the end with garcia, oh wow. They are a joke, please. They go 8-8 or worse next year.

The Cowboys have the most talent by far, now he have the coaches that won't hold them back.

OMG we are gonna DOMINATE!!!!
                                It's nice to be a rabid fan, but I think you need to ground your enthusiasm in a little reality. One of the reasons the Eagles beat us twice last year is because they dominated us at the line of scrimmage. Don't be deluded into thinking that that won't happen again, unless we show more toughness and strength at the point of attack. Plus, they were missing Kearse. Now while I do believe that Dallas will win the division next year, don't get it twisted. The East will be a bloodbath like it always is.

Albert Camus

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information