Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think about it though. If we resign Columbo and Gurode, and sign one of those 3 guards, and maybe draft another day 1 OT or OG, our o-line goes from below average right to good.

It would be like this:

Adams-Drafted Player-Gurode-Dielman-Columbo

(Kosier is optional)

With our weapons, and now our defense going to the next level with Wade, watch out super-bowl baby!

Comment

• Kosier did fine this year, I see no reason to pull him. Especially if you plan to put a rookie there. I still think that if we resignn Gurode and Colombo, and sign a guard in FA, there's no need to go after an offensive lineman in the draft until day 2. As far as who I want the Guard we sign to be, I want Stienbach. Dockery didn't have a stellaryear this year, and Stienbach did. He's quite the mauler, and I think he'd be perfect. If we can't get Stienbach, then I'd be fine with Dockery.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
        ok, now lets get back on topic.

After looking up Stienbach, Dockery, and Dielman, they are all 27 or under, and have atleast 4 years of experience, which is perfect. If Jerry doesn't sign one of them I will kill him. But he will.
        What about Leonard Davis from ARZ?

Comment

• The question for me is, who will not only be decent or serviceable, but possibility dominating in the near future. Will it be one of the FA like Dockery, Deilman, Steinbech, or one of the draftees like Grubbs, Blalock, Beekman or Rameriez? Maybe will pick one from each, I don't know. But I'm putting my money one of the rookies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
            The question for me is, who will not only be decent or serviceable, but possibility dominating in the near future. Will it be one of the FA like Dockery, Deilman, Steinbech, or one of the draftees like Grubbs, Blalock, Beekman or Rameriez? Maybe will pick one from each, I don't know. But I'm putting my money one of the rookies.
            We need someone to be a leader of our offensive line. Rivera called all the blitzes at the line and called the line audibles. You really can't factor that in without knowing that. I mean maybe a guy like Koiser could handle the load..but i'm not buying it. Gurode has shown his mental capacity. So I think our OG addition has to be someone who has experience but is still hasn't peaked.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
              Originally posted by Paul
              The question for me is, who will not only be decent or serviceable, but possibility dominating in the near future. Will it be one of the FA like Dockery, Deilman, Steinbech, or one of the draftees like Grubbs, Blalock, Beekman or Rameriez? Maybe will pick one from each, I don't know. But I'm putting my money one of the rookies.
              We need someone to be a leader of our offensive line. Rivera called all the blitzes at the line and called the line audibles. You really can't factor that in without knowing that. I mean maybe a guy like Koiser could handle the load..but i'm not buying it. Gurode has shown his mental capacity. So I think our OG addition has to be someone who has experience but is still hasn't peaked.
              Dielman.

Comment

Originally posted by thule
                Dielman.
                I have my money on Dielman going to Miami. Dockery is our best shot.

Comment

• As for Dielman, the Chargers GM, AJ Smith, said a while ago that re-signing him was priority #1 heading into the off-season. As of right now the two parties havent spoken in about two weeks... why you ask? Rumor has it Dielman is seeking Steve Hutchinson money :shock: ... Is that a price the boys are willing to pay? I'm not too sure but, with all this being said, I would be fairly shocked to see him let go by San Diego.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Listen, whomever Wade hires as DC, QB Coach or whatever you have to assume he's putting together the best staff he can in order to win. No coach is going to sacrifice his ability to be successfull in order to put coaches in place just to apease anyone.

Bowles has been mentioned as DC for some time now and has been impressing the coaching staff even before BP left.

As for Wade's son as the QB coach. Well let me ask you this. If your Grandfather was a HC in the NFL for years and your Father was a HC years do you think that you'd know a helluva lot about football?

Everyone on here thinks they know about football. Do you think you'd know more if your whole family tree consisted of 50+ years of actual Pro Coaching experience?

Yeah, I thought so too. I'll take the son of a coach with that pedigree anytime. Is he young? Sure, does that make him any less likely to know what he's doing? No.

As for FA signings. Don't be surprised if very few big name or even mediocre named players switch teams this year. Most teams have several million dollars in cap money available so if a player leaves their team it's for probably 1 of 2 reasons. Either he's a) going to be overpaid vastly or b) the team he's leaving doesn't really think he's as good as his backup....either of which is bad.

IF anyone spends Hutchinson money on any guard they are a fool. I don't care if it's Bruce Matthews, paying that much money for a player at G is a TERRIBLE investment. Guard is one of the positions in the NFL where the difference between a great player and a good player is very small as compared to other positions. Positions of reduced marginal effect like that are the ones you especially DO NOT pay big money for.

Rivera's contract bordered on too expensive for a G. If we pay that money again, we're down right silly.

Kosier played well for the Cowboys, came at a reasonable price, has the versatility to play other positions, and is young. That's exactly the type of FA at the G position we need to sign if we sign anyone.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                    I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Clayton is saying Leonard Davis wil sign with the Cowboys.

Yessssss
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
                        Clayton is saying Leonard Davis wil sign with the Cowboys.

Yessssss
                        Is that a sarcastic yess?

I'm not going make judgement, seeing I have not watched many...or any cardinals games. But if it's true, how did he play this year? He seems to big for my taste.

Comment

Yessssss
                          he also said he will sign with the 49ers

Comment

Yessssss
                            He also said San Francisco would target him :shock:

Comment

• Were did you see this???

link????

Comment

Were did you see this???

link????
                                KFFL
                                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information