Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a note on the Fasano play. Although it was tough to see in real time whether or not he was touched, you have to remember that he probably felt the defender touch him.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

• I don't see many NT out there in the next draft. But one guy that would be great is Derek Landri from ND. He is no NT, but he and Ratliff inside as nickle pass rushers would be awesome. our nickle line would be Ware-Ratliff-Landri-Hatcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        Originally posted by Jdallas
        Originally posted by leroyisgod
        Even though the combo of Carp/Singleton/Burnett was solid yesterday, I still would like to see us look at some FA's this year or even drafting some talent. The Steelers have yet to resign Joey Porter who is the final year of his deal. Part of me believes they might not sign him. Ware and Porter both play WLB, I wonder if we'd consider signing Porter and moving one of them to SLB.
        If we don't resign Singleton this offseason I could see us drafting someone in the 3rd or 4th round based on potential.

I don't see us throwing a lot of money at Porter. This team seems to want to draft defensive talent and sign players on offense.
        I've been debating whether or not Dallas needs to spend their first rounder on a WR, but the more I think about it, the more I think that it's not a necessity. I think Bill thinks he has something in Miles Austin or Sam Hurd. The fact that he didn't risk putting either of them on the Practice Squad and making them available to the rest of the league, says a lot... as he treasures every spot on the 53 man roster. Then we also have Crayton who has shown flashes. He's safe in the #3 hole. Yes, Terry Glenn is aging, but he's one of those guys that can play effectively until his late 30's so long as he's healthy. He breaks the mold when you start talking about guys slowing down after their 30th birthday. ...and honestly, I think TO is here until the day he retires. He'll be here longer than Parcells will and nobody will get him the ball more than Romo. Only thing you guys need to get used to is the thought of TO's name getting into the Ring of Honor. :shock:

So yeah, I've concluded that it's not in our best interest to spend a first rounder in a WR unless his name is Calvin Johnson. I'd prefer to look at FA or trade.
        First round WR's is a hit or miss proposition. I'd rather see us going ofter a talented veteran than a rookie. A veteran that has a lot of years in him that is.

Offensive line and NT are my top area's of concentration.

Comment

• The list of of UFA and RFA WR this upcoming offseason is not that appealing. Drew Bennett and Kevin Curtis are solid, but I wouldn't say they are a upgrade over Crayton.

We spent the last few drafts filling up our Defense with playmakers, I think it's the Offenses turn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
            The list of of UFA and RFA WR this upcoming offseason is not that appealing. Drew Bennett and Kevin Curtis are solid, but I wouldn't say they are a upgrade over Crayton.

We spent the last few drafts filling up our Defense with playmakers, I think it's the Offenses turn.
            Why not break down a big board for us?

Comment

• Forgot to add that I didn't add any Cap casualties, so you never know what players might be out there in the off season but here the list of FA Wr:

Drew Bennett, UFA, Tennessee Titans
              Kevin Curtis, UFA, St. Louis Rams
              Marc Boerigter, UFA, Green Bay Packers
              David Boston, UFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
              Tyrone Calico, UFA, Tennessee Titans
              Andre' Davis, UFA, Buffalo Bills
              Bobby Engram, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
              Justin Gage, UFA, Chicago Bears
              D.J. Hackett, RFA, Seattle Seahawks
              Keenan McCardell, UFA, San Diego Chargers
              Shaun McDonald, UFA, St. Louis Rams
              Samie Parker, RFA, Kansas City Chiefs
              Jerome Pathon, UFA, Atlanta Falcons
              Willie Ponder, UFA, New York Giants
              Edell Shepherd, RFA, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
              Travis Taylor, UFA, Minnesota Vikings
              Scottie Vines, RFA, Detroit Lions
              Bobby Wade, UFA, Tennessee Titans
              Peter Warrick, UFA, Seattle Seahawks
              Kelley Washington, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals
              Alvis Whitted, UFA, Oakland Raiders
              Ernest Wilford, RFA, Jacksonville Jaguars

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                Forgot to add that I didn't add any Cap casualties, so you never know what players might be out there in the off season but here the list of FA Wr:

Blah

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod
                  Originally posted by Paul
                  Forgot to add that I didn't add any Cap casualties, so you never know what players might be out there in the off season but here the list of FA Wr:

Blah
                  Exactly.

Ernest Wilford does interest me, but I would not give up any draft picks for him.

Comment

• As for the NT position, there isn't a Vince Wilfork type of prospect in this years draft, But I like a guy like Tardell Sands from Oakland who can stuff the run. He's abit to tall for the NT at 6'7 335lbs, but he is hard to move and just.... BIG

Comment

• Outside of that list will be names of players that will be cut, which should add some value to the FA market.

As for trade possibilities... you gotta think disgruntled players... Jerry Porter and Randy Moss come to mind... lol.

Comment

Outside of that list will be names of players that will be cut, which should add some value to the FA market.

As for trade possibilities... you gotta think disgruntled players... Jerry Porter and Randy Moss come to mind... lol.
                        I think one high maintenance, thin-skinned receiver is enough for any team. Besides, I just don't like Moss's attitude. Say what you will about TO, he always plays hard.

Comment

Outside of that list will be names of players that will be cut, which should add some value to the FA market.

Moss and T.O.? :shock: :shock:

Comment

• As if Jay-Z wasn't cool enough, he just told the MNF crew he's a Cowboys fan. 8)

Comment

• I certainly don't want to overlook Tampa on Turkey Day but at the risk of being called the master of the obvious the following game against the Giants will be absolutely HUGE. I'm definitely not going to make any bold predictions other than to say the winner of that game will more than likely win the division obviously. That game will probably define our season.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                                I certainly don't want to overlook Tampa on Turkey Day but at the risk of being called the master of the obvious the following game against the Giants will be absolutely HUGE. I'm definitely not going to make any bold predictions other than to say the winner of that game will more than likely win the division obviously. That game will probably define our season.
                                I'm the opposite. I think Tampa will be cake walk and I don't think a win or loss will define our season. We are however, looking quite unstoppable and 4 more wins should take us to the playoffs. Here's how I see our season unfolding the rest of the way.

Tampa - Easy Win - Us against a rookie QB who is on the Road in Dallas on Turkey Day? Ain't happenin' folks.
                                @Giants - Win - I've been saying we'd split wins since opening day.
                                Saints - Win - I don't think they are as good as their early season record. I see them battling for a wildcard spot and perhaps being the odd team out.
                                @Atlanta - Win - Probably the most difficult game that I foresee us having left on the schedule, but if they have to rely on the run (which they will), they are dead.
                                Philly - Win - Not happenin' without McScab
                                Detroit - Win - Our starters will sit and we'll still win...Detroit is playing for the top pick of the draft.

Season ending record: 12-4

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information