Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Go Cowboys
    Originally posted by D-Unit
    Ok... Let's play a game...

    You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
    FA: Josh Brown, Derrick Dockery, Ken Dorsey

    Draft
    1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
    2. Brandon Meriweather, FS, Miami(FL)
    3. Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina
    4. Zak DeOssie, MLB, Brown
    5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
    6. Quinton Echols, NT, Kansas State
    7A. Ramonce Taylor, ATH, Texas
    7B. Syvelle Newton, ATH, South Carolina
    7C(We have 3 I belive if you check gbn's trades I think it says we have 2 7ths via trades plus our own.) James Pickney, QB, East Carolina
    Why would we draft Levi Brown? Colombo was our best offensive lineman this year, and we have a project LT in McQuistan. I just don't see that as a round 1 need right now. Maybe if McQuistan doesn't pan out, but other than that, I just don't see it.

    BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Staubach12
      Originally posted by Go Cowboys
      Originally posted by D-Unit
      Ok... Let's play a game...

      You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
      FA: Josh Brown, Derrick Dockery, Ken Dorsey

      Draft
      1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
      2. Brandon Meriweather, FS, Miami(FL)
      3. Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina
      4. Zak DeOssie, MLB, Brown
      5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
      6. Quinton Echols, NT, Kansas State
      7A. Ramonce Taylor, ATH, Texas
      7B. Syvelle Newton, ATH, South Carolina
      7C(We have 3 I belive if you check gbn's trades I think it says we have 2 7ths via trades plus our own.) James Pickney, QB, East Carolina
      Why would we draft Levi Brown? Colombo was our best offensive lineman this year, and we have a project LT in McQuistan. I just don't see that as a round 1 need right now. Maybe if McQuistan doesn't pan out, but other than that, I just don't see it.
      What is that thing in you avatar and what is it doing?

      Thanks BoneKrusher^

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

      Comment


      • Originally posted by TNewFan41
        FA: Ken Hamlin, Kris Dielman, Josh Brown

        Draft:
        1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
        2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
        3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
        4. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
        5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
        6. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
        7. BPA
        7. BPA

        Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
        I don't think it's stupid, that's a little harsh. I wouldn't be opposed to it. We just have to make sure that corner is a priority this off-season. That's one of the reasons I have Rod Hood on my radar.


        "You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
        Albert Camus

        Comment


        • Free Agency
          1) Kris Dielman

          2) Donnie Edwards

          3) Terdell Sands

          Draft

          1) Daymeion Hughes
          2) Victor Abiamiri
          3) Manuel Ramirez

          Comment


          • Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
            Originally posted by Staubach12
            Originally posted by Go Cowboys
            Originally posted by D-Unit
            Ok... Let's play a game...

            You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
            FA: Josh Brown, Derrick Dockery, Ken Dorsey

            Draft
            1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
            2. Brandon Meriweather, FS, Miami(FL)
            3. Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina
            4. Zak DeOssie, MLB, Brown
            5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
            6. Quinton Echols, NT, Kansas State
            7A. Ramonce Taylor, ATH, Texas
            7B. Syvelle Newton, ATH, South Carolina
            7C(We have 3 I belive if you check gbn's trades I think it says we have 2 7ths via trades plus our own.) James Pickney, QB, East Carolina
            Why would we draft Levi Brown? Colombo was our best offensive lineman this year, and we have a project LT in McQuistan. I just don't see that as a round 1 need right now. Maybe if McQuistan doesn't pan out, but other than that, I just don't see it.
            What is that thing in you avatar and what is it doing?
            It's an excited dancing fat kid.

            BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TNewFan41
              FA: Ken Hamlin, Kris Dielman, Josh Brown

              Draft:
              1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
              2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
              3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
              4. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
              5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
              6. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
              7. BPA
              7. BPA

              Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
              This is actually my favorite scenario...except for the fact that Levi Brown isn't available where we pick according to Scott, and I don't like taking Meriweather in the 2nd. Especially since you've already signed a FS and you have Watkins. I'd rather that pick be a corner or NT.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Staubach12
                Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                Originally posted by Staubach12
                Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                Originally posted by D-Unit
                Ok... Let's play a game...

                You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
                FA: Josh Brown, Derrick Dockery, Ken Dorsey

                Draft
                1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
                2. Brandon Meriweather, FS, Miami(FL)
                3. Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina
                4. Zak DeOssie, MLB, Brown
                5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
                6. Quinton Echols, NT, Kansas State
                7A. Ramonce Taylor, ATH, Texas
                7B. Syvelle Newton, ATH, South Carolina
                7C(We have 3 I belive if you check gbn's trades I think it says we have 2 7ths via trades plus our own.) James Pickney, QB, East Carolina
                Why would we draft Levi Brown? Colombo was our best offensive lineman this year, and we have a project LT in McQuistan. I just don't see that as a round 1 need right now. Maybe if McQuistan doesn't pan out, but other than that, I just don't see it.
                What is that thing in you avatar and what is it doing?
                It's an excited dancing fat kid.
                I have that one too.

                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • I still dont think Merriweather will be available in rd. 2, he's going to test out exceptionally well IMO. Should make the leap (not really a leap more of a hop) into the first.

                  Side note....

                  Now that Marty has been fired (AJ Smyth is an idiot), perhaps we will attempt to talk to Brian Stewart again. I'm pretty sure the report was Marty had rejected the cowboys wishes to meet with him and well Marty is gone, maybe we can get with the man now. As for Stewart, he's a smart guy that knows Phillips D well, he's not Manusky but, he's the next best thing.

                  Thanks BoneKrusher^

                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                    I still dont think Merriweather will be available in rd. 2, he's going to test out exceptionally well IMO. Should make the leap (not really a leap more of a hop) into the first.

                    Side note....

                    Now that Marty has been fired (AJ Smyth is an idiot), perhaps we will attempt to talk to Brian Stewart again. I'm pretty sure the report was Marty had rejected the cowboys wishes to meet with him and well Marty is gone, maybe we can get with the man now. As for Stewart, he's a smart guy that knows Phillips D well, he's not Manusky but, he's the next best thing.
                    I thought it was the GM who accepted and rejected those requests. If not, we should try again.

                    BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Staubach12
                      Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                      I still dont think Merriweather will be available in rd. 2, he's going to test out exceptionally well IMO. Should make the leap (not really a leap more of a hop) into the first.

                      Side note....

                      Now that Marty has been fired (AJ Smyth is an idiot), perhaps we will attempt to talk to Brian Stewart again. I'm pretty sure the report was Marty had rejected the cowboys wishes to meet with him and well Marty is gone, maybe we can get with the man now. As for Stewart, he's a smart guy that knows Phillips D well, he's not Manusky but, he's the next best thing.
                      I thought it was the GM who accepted and rejected those requests. If not, we should try again.
                      I'm not 100% but, I'm almost certain it was Marty's call and Marty said no. We shouldnt have much of a problem now.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • With the firing of San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer on Monday, the Cowboys might now receive permission to talk to Chargers secondary coach Brian Stewart. Schottenheimer had denied the Cowboys permission to talk to Stewart, a source said.
                        Here's hoping.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • From The Boys Blog

                          He’s precisely the type of reclamation project Phillips has made his specialty. In his first season with the Chargers, Phillips turned Steve Foley into a Pro Bowler. Foley had sacked quarterbacks 10.5 times in his first six seasons with the Bengals and Texans. He grabbed 10 in 2004. The next year, Phillips rotated Foley with a second year tweener from Purdue named Shaun Phillips. They combined for 11.5 sacks. When Foley missed the ‘06 season recovering from gunshot wounds to his legs, Phillips grabbed 11.5 sacks all by himself.

                          Parcells drafted defenders with size and speed two seasons ago. Three of them have looked miscast in his power-intensive scheme. Phillips appears ready to tilt the equation more towards quickness and aggression. If he can get Spears, Canty and Burnett to catch up to Ware, he’ll have earned his money, by saving Jerry Jones plenty in the free agent market.
                          This is the reason why I don't think we need Adalius Thomas or a rushbacker in the first rounds of the draft.
                          Under Wade Phillips both Foley and Phillips have posted great numbers. This is the reason why I think the problem with the pass rush was with the scheme (and the d-line).
                          We have both Carpenter and Burnett ready to tear it up. If Wade has made it with Phillips and Foley, why he can't with Carpenter or Burnett?


                          In Bob We Trust

                          John Madden's wedding video business

                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Modano
                            From The Boys Blog

                            He’s precisely the type of reclamation project Phillips has made his specialty. In his first season with the Chargers, Phillips turned Steve Foley into a Pro Bowler. Foley had sacked quarterbacks 10.5 times in his first six seasons with the Bengals and Texans. He grabbed 10 in 2004. The next year, Phillips rotated Foley with a second year tweener from Purdue named Shaun Phillips. They combined for 11.5 sacks. When Foley missed the ‘06 season recovering from gunshot wounds to his legs, Phillips grabbed 11.5 sacks all by himself.

                            Parcells drafted defenders with size and speed two seasons ago. Three of them have looked miscast in his power-intensive scheme. Phillips appears ready to tilt the equation more towards quickness and aggression. If he can get Spears, Canty and Burnett to catch up to Ware, he’ll have earned his money, by saving Jerry Jones plenty in the free agent market.
                            This is the reason why I don't think we need Adalius Thomas or a rushbacker in the first rounds of the draft.
                            Under Wade Phillips both Foley and Phillips have posted great numbers. This is the reason why I think the problem with the pass rush was with the scheme (and the d-line).
                            We have both Carpenter and Burnett ready to tear it up. If Wade has made it with Phillips and Foley, why he can't with Carpenter or Burnett?
                            I think Burnett has the best chance to be our Phillips, he's lacking Phillips size but, has the speed. I'm really pulling for Carp to be that guy opposite of Ware though, Carps got the size but, does he or will he ever have the game speed? He was rather impressive in our final game. It will be interesting to say the least to see how this unfolds.

                            I'm hoping he keeps our boys intact... I dont want another LB or DE added to the mix, i think our boys can do it.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                              Originally posted by Modano
                              From The Boys Blog

                              He’s precisely the type of reclamation project Phillips has made his specialty. In his first season with the Chargers, Phillips turned Steve Foley into a Pro Bowler. Foley had sacked quarterbacks 10.5 times in his first six seasons with the Bengals and Texans. He grabbed 10 in 2004. The next year, Phillips rotated Foley with a second year tweener from Purdue named Shaun Phillips. They combined for 11.5 sacks. When Foley missed the ‘06 season recovering from gunshot wounds to his legs, Phillips grabbed 11.5 sacks all by himself.

                              Parcells drafted defenders with size and speed two seasons ago. Three of them have looked miscast in his power-intensive scheme. Phillips appears ready to tilt the equation more towards quickness and aggression. If he can get Spears, Canty and Burnett to catch up to Ware, he’ll have earned his money, by saving Jerry Jones plenty in the free agent market.
                              This is the reason why I don't think we need Adalius Thomas or a rushbacker in the first rounds of the draft.
                              Under Wade Phillips both Foley and Phillips have posted great numbers. This is the reason why I think the problem with the pass rush was with the scheme (and the d-line).
                              We have both Carpenter and Burnett ready to tear it up. If Wade has made it with Phillips and Foley, why he can't with Carpenter or Burnett?
                              I think Burnett has the best chance to be our Phillips, he's lacking Phillips size but, has the speed. I'm really pulling for Carp to be that guy opposite of Ware though, Carps got the size but, does he or will he ever have the game speed? He was rather impressive in our final game. It will be interesting to say the least to see how this unfolds.

                              I'm hoping he keeps our boys intact... I dont want another LB or DE added to the mix, i think our boys can do it.
                              The need for another backer all depends on Ellis' return. If he does return healthy, then we should be all set for next season. Otherwise, we may need another pass rush guy (not a 1st round pick though).

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                                With the firing of San Diego coach Marty Schottenheimer on Monday, the Cowboys might now receive permission to talk to Chargers secondary coach Brian Stewart. Schottenheimer had denied the Cowboys permission to talk to Stewart, a source said.
                                Here's hoping.
                                OK, cool. Thanks for clearing that up. That's good news for us, then.

                                BoneKrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information