Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Carpenter is more than capable of playing opposite Ware. Ellis should get the spot if he can come back 100% though. In Phillips press conference he even mentioned Ellis opposite Ware.

As far as Burnett I think his best spot would be MLB, in a Donnie Edwards type role.

I don't think we should bring in any top pick or top FA LB. We have a stockpile of LBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
      Originally posted by Modano
      From The Boys Blog

He’s precisely the type of reclamation project Phillips has made his specialty. In his first season with the Chargers, Phillips turned Steve Foley into a Pro Bowler. Foley had sacked quarterbacks 10.5 times in his first six seasons with the Bengals and Texans. He grabbed 10 in 2004. The next year, Phillips rotated Foley with a second year tweener from Purdue named Shaun Phillips. They combined for 11.5 sacks. When Foley missed the ‘06 season recovering from gunshot wounds to his legs, Phillips grabbed 11.5 sacks all by himself.

Parcells drafted defenders with size and speed two seasons ago. Three of them have looked miscast in his power-intensive scheme. Phillips appears ready to tilt the equation more towards quickness and aggression. If he can get Spears, Canty and Burnett to catch up to Ware, he’ll have earned his money, by saving Jerry Jones plenty in the free agent market.
      This is the reason why I don't think we need Adalius Thomas or a rushbacker in the first rounds of the draft.
      Under Wade Phillips both Foley and Phillips have posted great numbers. This is the reason why I think the problem with the pass rush was with the scheme (and the d-line).
      We have both Carpenter and Burnett ready to tear it up. If Wade has made it with Phillips and Foley, why he can't with Carpenter or Burnett?
      I think Burnett has the best chance to be our Phillips, he's lacking Phillips size but, has the speed. I'm really pulling for Carp to be that guy opposite of Ware though, Carps got the size but, does he or will he ever have the game speed? He was rather impressive in our final game. It will be interesting to say the least to see how this unfolds.

I'm hoping he keeps our boys intact... I dont want another LB or DE added to the mix, i think our boys can do it.
      I'd like Carp to be the guy opposite Ware, but I think Burnett could definately do that job, though. I'd be happy whith either of them, but I really think Carp could turn into one heck of a player. As far as Ellis goes, I'm just not sure where he really fits, I think Phillips will be very interested in putting in either Carp or Burnett. Just a feeling. Maybe we will trade Ellis afterall...

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I've grown too damn close to the players on this team. Defense imparticular, i dont really want to see any of them replaced, I'm even a big fan of Watkins (he needs to improve obviously but, you gotta love that size and speed). This happens every year though, i was a huge Antonio Bryant fan as well (Man, what a crappy trade). ha. I honestly do believe that the pieces are already here, we just needed the right guy to put them together. I think we found that guy in Mr. Phillips.

Staubach... I'm mesmorized by your jiggling avy. It's hard to look away. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
          I know, I'm the same way. I stare at it all the time.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
            Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
            I find it offensive. ...it's making fun of a handicapped person.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
              Originally posted by Staubach12
              Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
              I find it offensive. ...it's making fun of a handicapped person.
              Geez...your digging deep

Comment

• Happy Birthday Drew Henson!!!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888
                  Originally posted by TNewFan41
                  FA: Ken Hamlin, Kris Dielman, Josh Brown

Draft:
                  1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
                  2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
                  3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
                  4. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
                  5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
                  6. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
                  7. BPA
                  7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
                  This is actually my favorite scenario...except for the fact that Levi Brown isn't available where we pick according to Scott, and I don't like taking Meriweather in the 2nd. Especially since you've already signed a FS and you have Watkins. I'd rather that pick be a corner or NT.
                  Oh yea sorry I forgot I put the signing of Hamlin, in that case I would take Tank Tyler in the 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
                    Originally posted by JJJ888

Draft:
                    7. BPA
                    7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
                    This is actually my favorite scenario...except for the fact that Levi Brown isn't available where we pick according to Scott, and I don't like taking Meriweather in the 2nd. Especially since you've already signed a FS and you have Watkins. I'd rather that pick be a corner or NT.
                    Oh yea sorry I forgot I put the signing of Hamlin, in that case I would take Tank Tyler in the 2nd.
                    You really need to learn to read. Tank is gone at 26 in scotts mock. He won't be available at our second round pick in real life either.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule

Draft:
                      7. BPA
                      7. BPA

You really need to learn to read. Tank is gone at 26 in scotts mock. He won't be available at our second round pick in real life either.
                      Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. I don't give a crap what Scott says. Is Scotts mock the bible? No offense but Scott is no expert. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Coming into this season Scott didn't even have Newman in his top 15 CB's after giving up no TD's in a whole season, 1st time in NFL History, and will be the only time in a long time. Now if you call that an expert, good luck with that.

:roll:

Our draft should be focused on the o-line period, that is all we need. If we get an O-line and we don't make the NFC Title atleast, we will be a HUGE disapointments.

Comment

• Never gonna happen but, can you imagine if Marty signed on to be our D. Coord. That would be crazy but, it would never ever happen. I really want us to get Stewart in a more serious sense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Dat Nguyen named linebackers coach for you guys. That seems fitting, a guy I always rooted for.

Comment

Originally posted by thule

Draft:
                            7. BPA
                            7. BPA

Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. I don't give a crap what Scott says. Is Scotts mock the bible? No offense but Scott is no expert. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Coming into this season Scott didn't even have Newman in his top 15 CB's after giving up no TD's in a whole season, 1st time in NFL History, and will be the only time in a long time. Now if you call that an expert, good luck with that.

Our draft should be focused on the o-line period, that is all we need. If we get an O-line and we don't make the NFC Title atleast, we will be a HUGE disapointments.
                            no offense but neither are you

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix
                              Dat Nguyen named linebackers coach for you guys. That seems fitting, a guy I always rooted for.
                              One of my all-time fav players no one worked harder than the man. He'll make a hell of a head coach one day, IMO.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by thule

Draft:
                                7. BPA
                                7. BPA

Um... Listen, you haven't been around very long, so let me fill you in. Scott is an expert. He really knows 1000 times more than you will ever, so I'd respect his opinion. BTW, this is pretty funny. I considered putting it in my sig, but I decided not too. Now, please. PLEASE don't try to act like the expert that you think Scott isn't.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information