X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
    Originally posted by Damix
    Dat Nguyen named linebackers coach for you guys. That seems fitting, a guy I always rooted for.
    One of my all-time fav players no one worked harder than the man. He'll make a hell of a head coach one day, IMO.
    I really like this move, too. I think he can be a heck of a coach.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
      Originally posted by thule
      Originally posted by TNewFan41
      Originally posted by JJJ888
      FA: Ken Hamlin, Kris Dielman, Josh Brown

Draft:
      1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
      2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
      3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
      4. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
      5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
      6. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
      7. BPA
      7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
      This is actually my favorite scenario...except for the fact that Levi Brown isn't available where we pick according to Scott, and I don't like taking Meriweather in the 2nd. Especially since you've already signed a FS and you have Watkins. I'd rather that pick be a corner or NT.
      Oh yea sorry I forgot I put the signing of Hamlin, in that case I would take Tank Tyler in the 2nd.
      You really need to learn to read. Tank is gone at 26 in scotts mock. He won't be available at our second round pick in real life either.
      Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. I don't give a crap what Scott says. Is Scotts mock the bible? No offense but Scott is no expert. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Coming into this season Scott didn't even have Newman in his top 15 CB's after giving up no TD's in a whole season, 1st time in NFL History, and will be the only time in a long time. Now if you call that an expert, good luck with that.

:roll:

Our draft should be focused on the o-line period, that is all we need. If we get an O-line and we don't make the NFC Title atleast, we will be a HUGE disapointments.
      The point for me saying you needed to read was D-Unit's statement that started this whole thing.
      Originally posted by D-Unit
      Ok... Let's play a game...

You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
      But if you want to continue making ignorant statements thats your doing. Tank Tyler might not have the talent level of a first round pick...however NT value in this draft is nowhere to be seen on the first day...so someone will reach for him due to his size alone. He will be a top 40 pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
        Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
        Dat Nguyen named linebackers coach for you guys. That seems fitting, a guy I always rooted for.
        One of my all-time fav players no one worked harder than the man. He'll make a hell of a head coach one day, IMO.
        Yipee I can't wait to seeing him in Texas Stadium again.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Bring in some coaching positions.

The Cowboys will also interview Oakland Raiders running backs coach Skip Peete, Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst and University of Virginia assistant head coach for offense/wide receivers coach John Garrett.

Peete joined the Raiders in 1998 as running backs coach. He is the brother of former NFL quarterback Rodney Peete.

Garrett is the brother of Cowboys assistant Jason Garrett.

Inside linebackers coach Vincent Brown will not return to the Cowboys staff.
          I had a feeling Brown was out. Parcells pulled him out of the high school ranks last year if my memory serves me right.

Phillips wasn't lying when he said he wanted the organization to be like family.

We also signed a couple people.

The Cowboys hired two assistant coaches Tuesday and are expected to add a third soon.

The Cowboys hired former linebacker Dat Nguyen as defensive quality control/linebackers coach and Wesley Phillips as offensive assistant coach/quality control. Wesley Phillips is the son of head coach Wade Phillips.

Tennessee wide receivers coach Ray Sherman, who interviewed with the Cowboys Tuesday, is also expected to join the Cowboys staff as receivers coach.
          http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16691545.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
            Bring in some coaching positions.

The Cowboys will also interview Oakland Raiders running backs coach Skip Peete, Wisconsin offensive coordinator Paul Chryst and University of Virginia assistant head coach for offense/wide receivers coach John Garrett.

Peete joined the Raiders in 1998 as running backs coach. He is the brother of former NFL quarterback Rodney Peete.

Garrett is the brother of Cowboys assistant Jason Garrett.

Inside linebackers coach Vincent Brown will not return to the Cowboys staff.
            I had a feeling Brown was out. Parcells pulled him out of the high school ranks last year if my memory serves me right.

Phillips wasn't lying when he said he wanted the organization to be like family.

We also signed a couple people.

The Cowboys hired two assistant coaches Tuesday and are expected to add a third soon.

The Cowboys hired former linebacker Dat Nguyen as defensive quality control/linebackers coach and Wesley Phillips as offensive assistant coach/quality control. Wesley Phillips is the son of head coach Wade Phillips.

Tennessee wide receivers coach Ray Sherman, who interviewed with the Cowboys Tuesday, is also expected to join the Cowboys staff as receivers coach.
            http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16691545.htm
            That one gave me a good laugh. About Sherman, I have mixed feelings about him. He's alright, but I'm not really pumped. If I could have one coach from up here, I'd have Craig Johnson, the QB coach. Now he's a good one. He helped develop Steve McNair into a great QB, he made Billy Volek into a good QB, and now he's really done wonders for Vince. I'd love to see him in Dallas to tutor Romo. But as far as Sherman goes... ho-hum.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys
              Originally posted by Staubach12
              Hell yes, he was always one of most underrated MLB when he played. I was real upset when he had that injury last year, I knew we lost a great leader. I still remember the days Dat and Dexter Coakly used fly around all over place making plays with there speed, which was only a few years ago, but still. They were both undersized, but still they were big part of those Dave Campo defenses. Not to mention he was hero and role model to the large Asian community here in the Metroplex area.

Comment

• Who do you think will be the DC?
                I hope Dat will be our DC in the future.. I've red his book last year and I think he will be an hell of a coach. He got heart and passion and he works so hard.. He was a leader in HS, college and NFL. Even if everytime there was someone saying he was too small to play.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Our draft should be focused on the o-line period, that is all we need. If we get an O-line and we don't make the NFC Title atleast, we will be a HUGE disapointments.
                  Are you serious? I mean really... R U SERIOUS???

Tyler won't be there for us in Round 2. I just can't fatthom it... and I'm willing to put up any bet.

Secondly, we don't need to focus our entire draft on our OL. We need to address our defense. Our defense let us down in the end. Our offense was 5th in the league in putting up points.... alls we need is a Guard in FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual
                    Originally posted by thule
                    Originally posted by JJJ888
                    FA: Ken Hamlin, Kris Dielman, Josh Brown

Draft:
                    1. Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
                    2. Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
                    3. Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
                    4. Trent Edwards, QB, Stanford
                    5. Jay Moore, DE/OLB, Nebraska
                    6. Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
                    7. BPA
                    7. BPA

Oh and 2 things: 1: Eric Stienbach is 6-6 290, which is pretty light, we need a mauler, so I don't like the idea, I would much prefer Dielman or Dockery. 2: Stop with this CB crap, Henry with stay were he is, Wade will m,ake sure of that. The move of Henry to FS is just stupid.
                    This is actually my favorite scenario...except for the fact that Levi Brown isn't available where we pick according to Scott, and I don't like taking Meriweather in the 2nd. Especially since you've already signed a FS and you have Watkins. I'd rather that pick be a corner or NT.
                    Oh yea sorry I forgot I put the signing of Hamlin, in that case I would take Tank Tyler in the 2nd.
                    You really need to learn to read. Tank is gone at 26 in scotts mock. He won't be available at our second round pick in real life either.
                    Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. I don't give a crap what Scott says. Is Scotts mock the bible? No offense but Scott is no expert. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Coming into this season Scott didn't even have Newman in his top 15 CB's after giving up no TD's in a whole season, 1st time in NFL History, and will be the only time in a long time. Now if you call that an expert, good luck with that.

:roll:

no offense but neither are you
                    I know I am not, but I don't think Scott is anything special. Tank Tyler as been falling, I'm pretty sure he will go in round 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                      You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
                      Oh I didn't see those rules, sorry. In that case, this is how my off-season would go:

FA: Kris Dielman, Ken Hamlin, and John Brown

Draft:
                      Round 1: DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, NT, NC State
                      Round 2: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
                      Round 3: Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennesee
                      Round 4: Andre Allison, WR, East Carolina
                      Round 5: Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
                      Round 6: A Center
                      Round 7: More O-line Depth
                      Round 7: A linebacker
                      Round 7: BPA

Hows That?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                        Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Tyler won't be there for us in Round 2. I just can't fatthom it... and I'm willing to put up any bet.

Secondly, we don't need to focus our entire draft on our OL. We need to address our defense. Our defense let us down in the end. Our offense was 5th in the league in putting up points.... alls we need is a Guard in FA.
                        The way Tank Tyler preformed in senior bowl, I don't believe Cowboys will spend any first day picks to draft him, he can't push any OGs in one on one during the practice as well as in the game. Who's the coach in senior bowl? Wade Phillips.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc

The way Tank Tyler preformed in senior bowl, I don't believe Cowboys will spend any first day picks to draft him, he can't push any OGs in one on one during the practice as well as in the game. Who's the coach in senior bowl? Wade Phillips.
                          Thank you, but Wade Phillips did not coach the Senior Bowl. But thanks for saying Tank will fall, because he will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
                            Originally posted by Go Cowboys
                            Originally posted by Staubach12
                            Hell yes, he was always one of most underrated MLB when he played. I was real upset when he had that injury last year, I knew we lost a great leader. I still remember the days Dat and Dexter Coakly used fly around all over place making plays with there speed, which was only a few years ago, but still. They were both undersized, but still they were big part of those Dave Campo defenses. Not to mention he was hero and role model to the large Asian community here in the Metroplex area.
                            Dexter and Dat wow those were the days of LB's, imagine them and Ware together for a few years wow that would be dominating if they were as oung as he is now. What ever happened to Dexter? I know the Rams picked him up but nothing since.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Mike Zimmer to interview for Chargers job.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by nrcirc

Thank you, but Wade Phillips did not coach the Senior Bowl. But thanks for saying Tank will fall, because he will.
                                This is very bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information