• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
    Originally posted by nrcirc
    Originally posted by D-Unit
    Originally posted by TNewFan41
    Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Our draft should be focused on the o-line period, that is all we need. If we get an O-line and we don't make the NFC Title atleast, we will be a HUGE disapointments.
    Are you serious? I mean really... R U SERIOUS???

Tyler won't be there for us in Round 2. I just can't fatthom it... and I'm willing to put up any bet.

Secondly, we don't need to focus our entire draft on our OL. We need to address our defense. Our defense let us down in the end. Our offense was 5th in the league in putting up points.... alls we need is a Guard in FA.
    The way Tank Tyler preformed in senior bowl, I don't believe Cowboys will spend any first day picks to draft him, he can't push any OGs in one on one during the practice as well as in the game. Who's the coach in senior bowl? Wade Phillips.
    Thank you, but Wade Phillips did not coach the Senior Bowl. But thanks for saying Tank will fall, because he will.
    So first you say, he will be there for us in the second... then you back down from that a little and say he will be in the second, not necessarily when we pick... and now you say... he will fall...

Lemme ask.. Fall from where??? Fall out of the second round? You can't say that you meant "fall out of the first"... cause you never thought he should be in the first round to begin with.... So what do you mean when you say he'll fall?

Comment

• I seriously hope you guys aren't dumb enough to say that just because Scott has Tyler going in the first round, then there is no way that he will fall. No disrespect to Scott, but that is just stupid. No one knows what is going to happen on draft day, even the day before the draft when everything has been said and done and all the evaluation work is compiled and all players have been cemented as exactly what they are going to be. Things still happen from out of nowhere. And right now we haven't even seen the combine workouts or the individual pro-days, and a ton of evaluators are still trying to get up to speed on the under-classmen. Let's get real.

If you remember, at this time last year Scott had one Gabe Watson projected as a late 1st round pick, and--unlike Tyler--he actually was one of the most impressive players from the Senior Bowl week. We all know how that turned out, and everyone on this board would have been skeeting all over the place at the opportunity to get him with our 3rd rounder, had we done that. In addition, Scott had Jason Hatcher as a late-round/project guy who did not have the necessary explosiveness to be an impact pass rusher in the league, and probably wouldn't contribute much for his first season or two. We all know how that turned out.

So, to say that because he is not available after #26 by Scott's line of thinking does not mean that he won't be there for us in the 2nd round. Personally, I think he will fall way down to at least the mid-late 2nd, and maybe all the way to the 3rd. He did nothing to impress at the Senior Bowl, and likely will not put up anything impressive in his workouts. As such, I would not be comfortable spending either a 1st or a 2nd on him. But, then, I'm no expert.
      Originally posted by 21ST
      He was protecting his self
      Originally posted by tjsunstein
      From what? His leg?
      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
        Originally posted by D-Unit
        Tank Tyler will not be picked in the 1st round. Tank Tyler with be there in the 2nd, or only picked a couple spots before us.

Our draft should be focused on the o-line period, that is all we need. If we get an O-line and we don't make the NFC Title atleast, we will be a HUGE disapointments.
        Are you serious? I mean really... R U SERIOUS???

Tyler won't be there for us in Round 2. I just can't fatthom it... and I'm willing to put up any bet.

Secondly, we don't need to focus our entire draft on our OL. We need to address our defense. Our defense let us down in the end. Our offense was 5th in the league in putting up points.... alls we need is a Guard in FA.
        The way Tank Tyler preformed in senior bowl, I don't believe Cowboys will spend any first day picks to draft him, he can't push any OGs in one on one during the practice as well as in the game. Who's the coach in senior bowl? Wade Phillips.
        Thank you, but Wade Phillips did not coach the Senior Bowl. But thanks for saying Tank will fall, because he will.
        So first you say, he will be there for us in the second... then you back down from that a little and say he will be in the second, not necessarily when we pick... and now you say... he will fall...

Lemme ask.. Fall from where??? Fall out of the second round? You can't say that you meant "fall out of the first"... cause you never thought he should be in the first round to begin with.... So what do you mean when you say he'll fall?
        He will fall out of the first round.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
          I seriously hope you guys aren't dumb enough to say that just because Scott has Tyler going in the first round, then there is no way that he will fall. No disrespect to Scott, but that is just stupid. No one knows what is going to happen on draft day, even the day before the draft when everything has been said and done and all the evaluation work is compiled and all players have been cemented as exactly what they are going to be. Things still happen from out of nowhere. And right now we haven't even seen the combine workouts or the individual pro-days, and a ton of evaluators are still trying to get up to speed on the under-classmen. Let's get real.

If you remember, at this time last year Scott had one Gabe Watson projected as a late 1st round pick, and--unlike Tyler--he actually was one of the most impressive players from the Senior Bowl week. We all know how that turned out, and everyone on this board would have been skeeting all over the place at the opportunity to get him with our 3rd rounder, had we done that. In addition, Scott had Jason Hatcher as a late-round/project guy who did not have the necessary explosiveness to be an impact pass rusher in the league, and probably wouldn't contribute much for his first season or two. We all know how that turned out.

So, to say that because he is not available after #26 by Scott's line of thinking does not mean that he won't be there for us in the 2nd round. Personally, I think he will fall way down to at least the mid-late 2nd, and maybe all the way to the 3rd. He did nothing to impress at the Senior Bowl, and likely will not put up anything impressive in his workouts. As such, I would not be comfortable spending either a 1st or a 2nd on him. But, then, I'm no expert.
          What do you guys have to say to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
            I seriously hope you guys aren't dumb enough to say that just because Scott has Tyler going in the first round, then there is no way that he will fall. No disrespect to Scott, but that is just stupid. No one knows what is going to happen on draft day, even the day before the draft when everything has been said and done and all the evaluation work is compiled and all players have been cemented as exactly what they are going to be. Things still happen from out of nowhere. And right now we haven't even seen the combine workouts or the individual pro-days, and a ton of evaluators are still trying to get up to speed on the under-classmen. Let's get real.

The problem with Watson was that his play in college.... or lack of it... scared everybody from drafting him. Goes to show a Senior Bowl performance is not EVERYTHING. On the other hand, DeMarcus Tyler had a monster senior season and he's been steady throughout his career.

I also think that his performance in the Senior bowl is being overexaggerated... Somebody saw him get blocked in a 2 second highlight clip and that's it... they're all convinced he sucks... That's dumb. These practices are not the best indicator of what they can do. There is no game film study on their opponent, no preparation... just go out and go... I listened to an interview from Tyler from during the season and he talks about how much time he invests in studying his opponent. If you look up some scouting analysis from the Senior Bowl on Tyler you'll notice that Wednesday was his breakout day and he did very well after that... Just goes to show... he improved after getting to know his opponent, instead of the other way around.

That interview was great actually... he talked about how he plays the game... as the vocal leader on the DL... he spoke of his spitting acusation... saying that he didn't spit purposely, but that he talks loud on the field and in the moment, stuff might've flied out while talking to the OL he was barking to.

Comment

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine

Do you want #72 to smash you? Look at that bad boy flying through the air!

Comment

• http://www.sptimes.com/2007/02/14/Bu...s_Johnso.shtml

Wow. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by nrcirc
                  http://www.sptimes.com/2007/02/14/Bucs/Georgia_Tech_s_Johnso.shtml

I gotta see it to believe it.

Comment

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/02/14/Bucs/Georgia_Tech_s_Johnso.shtml

I gotta see it to believe it.
                    Wow is right. I've had the privilege to see this guy play the last three years. He was in a different gear than everyone else, and that's saying something in the ACC. If only he had a quarterback throwing him the ball.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                    Albert Camus

Comment

Do you want #72 to smash you? Look at that bad boy flying through the air!

LOL. Don't get me wrong I do like Tank, but I would only take him in the 2nd, not first.

Comment

LOL. Don't get me wrong I do like Tank, but I would only take him in the 2nd, not first.
                        Then what is this about???

Originally posted by thule
                        You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
                        Oh I didn't see those rules, sorry. In that case, this is how my off-season would go:

FA: Kris Dielman, Ken Hamlin, and John Brown

Draft:
                        Round 1: DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, NT, NC State
                        Round 2: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
                        Round 3: Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennesee
                        Round 4: Andre Allison, WR, East Carolina
                        Round 5: Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
                        Round 6: A Center
                        Round 7: More O-line Depth
                        Round 7: A linebacker
                        Round 7: BPA

Hows That?

Comment

Then what is this about???

Originally posted by thule
                          You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?
                          Oh I didn't see those rules, sorry. In that case, this is how my off-season would go:

FA: Kris Dielman, Ken Hamlin, and John Brown

Draft:
                          Round 1: DeMarcus "Tank" Tyler, NT, NC State
                          Round 2: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
                          Round 3: Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennesee
                          Round 4: Andre Allison, WR, East Carolina
                          Round 5: Ramonce Taylor, RB, Texas
                          Round 6: A Center
                          Round 7: More O-line Depth
                          Round 7: A linebacker
                          Round 7: BPA

Hows That?
                          I did that just to please with you guys.

Comment

• Anyway, did you guys hear Talkin' Cowboys today?

Bill Jones mentioned the comments John Kitna said about our defense a while back to Terence Newman, and he said who is John Kitna?

LMFAO.

Comment

Anyway, did you guys hear Talkin' Cowboys today?

Bill Jones mentioned the comments John Kitna said about our defense a while back to Terence Newman, and he said who is John Kitna?

LMFAO.
                              Uh, John Kitna shredded our secondary Terence. That's who he is.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                              Albert Camus

Comment

The problem with Watson was that his play in college.... or lack of it... scared everybody from drafting him. Goes to show a Senior Bowl performance is not EVERYTHING. On the other hand, DeMarcus Tyler had a monster senior season and he's been steady throughout his career.

I also think that his performance in the Senior bowl is being overexaggerated... Somebody saw him get blocked in a 2 second highlight clip and that's it... they're all convinced he sucks... That's dumb. These practices are not the best indicator of what they can do. There is no game film study on their opponent, no preparation... just go out and go... I listened to an interview from Tyler from during the season and he talks about how much time he invests in studying his opponent. If you look up some scouting analysis from the Senior Bowl on Tyler you'll notice that Wednesday was his breakout day and he did very well after that... Just goes to show... he improved after getting to know his opponent, instead of the other way around.

That interview was great actually... he talked about how he plays the game... as the vocal leader on the DL... he spoke of his spitting acusation... saying that he didn't spit purposely, but that he talks loud on the field and in the moment, stuff might've flied out while talking to the OL he was barking to.
                                Yeah, that's true, but the senior bowl is a big part of the evaluation process. It can easily torpedo someone's stock. There are plenty of examples. More than one analyst remarked that he did nothing to stand out all week. I personally watched almost all of the coverage from senior bowl week, and I have it all on dvd, and plan to finish it sometime before the combine. I haven't yet seen anything to pique my interest out of him at this point.

But that is all besides the point. My point was that simply because Scott has him in the 1st does not mean that he is going to go there, or even that there is a good chance of him going there. It's all just speculation at this point. In his specific circumstance, he doesn't seem to have much momentum generated at this point to suggest--to me-- that he will be taken there. But that remains to be seen.

All I am/was saying is that he hasn't done anything to this point to say that he is a "lock" to go in the top 40. There are some that have, but he is not among them.
                                Originally posted by 21ST
                                He was protecting his self
                                Originally posted by tjsunstein
                                From what? His leg?
                                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                                That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                                "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information