Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not saying the Senior Bowl can't help or hurt a person's stock... but I definately think that it's only a part of the equation. If a player had a good career and a good SB, then surely that can help him... the same can be said if he had a bad career and a bad SB, then that won't help him... However, for prospects who have had a good career and a bad SB or a bad career and a good SB, you have to dig deeper than just say... Oh he had a bad SB, his stock will fall or he had a good SB, he will be picked high now.

Secondly, I never take Scott's mock or rankings as pure gospel.... c'mon now...

In my opinion solely outside of Scott's or anyone else's opinion... I do believe he is a lock for the top 40. I think that he is a lock for Round 1. Considering his college resume, his unique size combination in this draft, the lack of anyone else on his talent level available in this draft that can play NT, the weak FA class for NTs and the amount of teams that could use him as a 4-3 NT or a 3-4 NT... helps me to believe that will happen.

Comment

• [quote="TNewFan41"][quote="thule"]You get 3 FA signings and the draft. In the draft you can only give us players that are available to us according to scott's mock. So if they are gone in scott's mock, then you can't select them. What do you do?

FA= Leonard Davis, Nate Clements, Bac-up OT

R.1: DeMarcus Tank Tyler
      R.2: Aaron Rouse
      R.3: Manuel Ramirez

Comment

• So your saying we move Henry to FS. OMG I hate that idea, but if it happens, so be it. :?

And looks like talks with Gurode are going well, this is from DallasCowboys.com:

The Cowboys have been in ongoing discussions with center Andre Gurode and his agent in regard to a new contract.

Gurode, an unrestricted free agent for the second consecutive year, is looking for much more than the one-year deal he signed last March. Gurode started all 16 games at center this past season and was added to the Pro Bowl as an injury replacement. Gurode was one of seven Cowboys who played in last Saturday's game in Hawaii.

The Cowboys and Gurode's camp had been talking extensively even before Bill Parcells' announced his retirement and the coaching search began.

With Wade Phillips now in the fold, look for the Cowboys and Gurode to work out a new deal, likely before March 2, the first day of the free-agent signing period.

The Cowboys apparently are not far along in contract talks with right tackle Marc Colombo or even quarterback Tony Romo, who has one year remaining on the extension he signed last August.
        But not so good with Columbo. I'm worried about that.

Comment

• What about the possibility of trading down? There isn't any prospect projected in the first round that has me head over heels, and the draft is deep enough in talent where we can still find great players later on. And if we can find a deal, similar to the JP Losman trade few years back, and get us an extra 1st rounder in next years draft, I would definitely take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
            What about the possibility of trading down? There isn't any prospect projected in the first round that has me head over heels, and the draft is deep enough in talent where we can still find great players later on. And if we can find a deal, similar to the JP Losman trade few years back, and get us an extra 1st rounder in next years draft, I would definitely take it.
            I completely agree. I want to pick in the top 5 (via trade) so bad. I want some elite talent. We got so close when Buffalo started 0-4 but then Bledsoe went crazy and got them to 9-7. That was kind of a double poison, if Bledsoe didn't play so good we probably wouldn't have signed him, and we would have gotten a top 5 pick, lol. If we could trade down to someone like Detriot and pick up their next years first, I would love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
              What about the possibility of trading down? There isn't any prospect projected in the first round that has me head over heels, and the draft is deep enough in talent where we can still find great players later on. And if we can find a deal, similar to the JP Losman trade few years back, and get us an extra 1st rounder in next years draft, I would definitely take it.
              The only way I wouldn't do it is if someone like Landry, Nelson or somebody who is too good to pass up is there at 22

Comment

• Unless Nelson blows away the combine with numbers, he'll be there at 22.

I personally like Landry way better than Nelson, but I'd take Nelson.

That being said, I think it's more likely to move Henry to FS, and draft Ross / Hughes / Hall at 22 even if Nelson is still available.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• I think Merriweather is going to leapfrog Nelson... Really wouldnt be surprised to see us take him at 22.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                    I think Merriweather is going to leapfrog Nelson... Really wouldnt be surprised to see us take him at 22.
                    Oh heck no! Still praying myself that Nelson is there... highly, HIGHLY doubtful. He's the only guy I'd take before Tyler.

Don't worry LSU... Nelson will blow up the combine. He'll probably put up one of the fastest times too.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                      Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                      I think Merriweather is going to leapfrog Nelson... Really wouldnt be surprised to see us take him at 22.
                      Oh heck no! Still praying myself that Nelson is there... highly, HIGHLY doubtful. He's the only guy I'd take before Tyler.

Don't worry LSU... Nelson will blow up the combine. He'll probably put up one of the fastest times too.
                      Damn right.

I still have him going top 10.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Even if Merriweather doesnt leapfrog Mr. Nelson... I dont see him getting out of the first round. I would be happy landing either of the two but... I still dont wanna give up on Watkins as crazy as that sounds.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Even if Merriweather doesnt leapfrog Mr. Nelson... I dont see him getting out of the first round. I would be happy landing either of the two but... I still dont wanna give up on Watkins as crazy as that sounds.
                          I have to admit that Nelson's tackling does scare me a bit though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                            Even if Merriweather doesnt leapfrog Mr. Nelson... I dont see him getting out of the first round. I would be happy landing either of the two but... I still dont wanna give up on Watkins as crazy as that sounds.
                            I have to admit that Nelson's tackling does scare me a bit though.
                            What??? You gotta watch him more. Try and check out some of his stuff on youtube.

Merriweather sounds like this year's Gabe Watson.

Comment

• If we move Henry to FS I want Ross so bad.. He's gonna be the next great Longhorns' DB..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
                                If we move Henry to FS I want Ross so bad.. He's gonna be the next great Longhorns' DB..
                                Yes, but why move Henry to FS?

this is such a stupid idea IMO. CB is one of the hardest positions to find, Henry is already a good CB, what if the move doesn't work out.

That is so stupid IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information