• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
    Originally posted by Ward
    Originally posted by Go Cowboys
    Originally posted by BX
    Are you sure? The competition where they hand out all the TVs?
    Ya the winner was Folk he made all 5 or 7 FG's
    Medlock was one off(the first one which everyone but Folk missed)
    No... Medlock won. I watched it too. He made every single one of his field goals.
    Yea, you must be talking about another competition.

And forget all the drafting kickers crap, how bout we just sign Josh Brown?

:D
    we went the high priced free agent route last year and it blew up in our face, I would put money on signing a cheap FA kicker or even resigning gramatica

Comment

• I just hope we drive the price up for Seattle on resigning Brown. They will resign him... Just hope we force them to overpay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual
        Originally posted by TNewFan41
        Originally posted by Ward
        Originally posted by Go Cowboys
        Originally posted by BX
        Are you sure? The competition where they hand out all the TVs?
        Ya the winner was Folk he made all 5 or 7 FG's
        Medlock was one off(the first one which everyone but Folk missed)
        No... Medlock won. I watched it too. He made every single one of his field goals.
        Yea, you must be talking about another competition.

And forget all the drafting kickers crap, how bout we just sign Josh Brown?

:D
        we went the high priced free agent route last year and it blew up in our face, I would put money on signing a cheap FA kicker or even resigning gramatica
        But Vanderjagt was 37, and not good in the clutch. Josh Brown is 28 and good in the clutch. Plus Brown will be cheaper than Vanderjagt. So why not?

Comment

• Asante Samuel was franchised tagged. Yes, this means we have a better shot at keeping Henry at CB.

Comment

Asante Samuel was franchised tagged. Yes, this means we have a better shot at keeping Henry at CB.
            I think Henry should be moved regaurdless.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076
              Asante Samuel was franchised tagged. Yes, this means we have a better shot at keeping Henry at CB.
              WHY????

It is a horrible move. When he is healthy he is a good corner. No move should be made.

Don't do it Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmac076
                WHY????

It is a horrible move. When he is healthy he is a good corner. No move should be made.

Don't do it Jerry.
                How about the fact that we have no young guy getting ready to start. The FS corps this year is terrible in FA..and the only prospects that are worth of being drafted are either gone by our pick or a reach at our pick.

Whereas CB probably has the best value where our pick stands. Makes sense to me.

Get a young guy to be ready to play in a year or so...and solve our FS problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                  Originally posted by bigmac076
                  WHY????

Don't do it Jerry.
                  How about the fact that we have no young guy getting ready to start. The FS corps this year is terrible in FA..and the only prospects that are worth of being drafted are either gone by our pick or a reach at our pick.

Whereas CB probably has the best value where our pick stands. Makes sense to me.

Get a young guy to be ready to play in a year or so...and solve our FS problem.
                  or let watkins develop, or sign kem hamlin. I would be fine with drafting a CB, but don't move Henry, that is just stupid. And 30 is still relatively young for a CB. He is a good CB, why fix somethign that isn't broken.

It is just beyond me. :roll:

Comment

• Yes, Henry was a little banged up but, he gets fooled way too much by any hint of a double move. He just looked slow this season, he got picked apart all year. I really dont think he is the right man to be playing opposite Newman anymore. Whoever plays on that side is gonna get thrown to a lot, I would love to get a guy like Clements. We should have a decent shot at signing him as well, that is if we can outbid the Skins.

Who else is on the market?

Nick Harper
                    Randall Gay
                    Jordan Babineaux

meh... we need to throw some money Clements way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• A little more on Henry.

The transition to FS would seem to go quite smoothly. Obviously fast enough to play the position, has great field vision to play the center, and he's a great tackler. I would love the move. It would also enable us to try to develop Watkins while, henry mans the starting job. Henry at FS is better than what Wade had in SD with Marlon Mcree IMO, once again I'd love the move.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                        A little more on Henry.

The transition to FS would seem to go quite smoothly. Obviously fast enough to play the position, has great field vision to play the center, and he's a great tackler. I would love the move. It would also enable us to try to develop Watkins while, henry mans the starting job. Henry at FS is better than what Wade had in SD with Marlon Mcree IMO, once again I'd love the move.
                        I'd like to move Henry to FS, but I'm still not sure if that's the right move because of CB. I know, we want to throw money at Clements, but he's going to get some big money thrown at him, and I'm just not sure we would spend that much money on the guy. He's really going to rack in being the only really good CB in this FA market. As far as the draft goes, I just don't like the idea of starting a rookie CB, I just don't. I think CB is one of those positions where you don't play them off the bat, and I'm not even sure if we could be one of those top teams if we get killed by the pass because we have a rookie starting at CB. I don't like putting Glenn to start either. Remember the skins game last year. Just remember... Anyway, all this being said, I'd very much like to sign Ken Hamlin to be our starting FS, and get a developmental corner in the 2nd or 3rd round. I like (as most of you problably know) Jonathan Wade from Tennessee.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
                          Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
                          A little more on Henry.

I'd like to move Henry to FS, but I'm still not sure if that's the right move because of CB. I know, we want to throw money at Clements, but he's going to get some big money thrown at him, and I'm just not sure we would spend that much money on the guy. He's really going to rack in being the only really good CB in this FA market. As far as the draft goes, I just don't like the idea of starting a rookie CB, I just don't. I think CB is one of those positions where you don't play them off the bat, and I'm not even sure if we could be one of those top teams if we get killed by the pass because we have a rookie starting at CB. I don't like putting Glenn to start either. Remember the skins game last year. Just remember... Anyway, all this being said, I'd very much like to sign Ken Hamlin to be our starting FS, and get a developmental corner in the 2nd or 3rd round. I like (as most of you problably know) Jonathan Wade from Tennessee.
                          Well... I figure if we dont land Clements. Just leave Henry at corner and hope for the best and tackle the safety need in the draft. I love some of these safties, I think Nelson or Meriweather would be a fantasic addition in round one. I dont think Nelson would be available but, who knows Kiper has us getting him in his mock. :D As for Ken Hamlin that's a thought but, I dont think the Seahwaks are going to let a player of his caliber hit the open market, i'd be very surprised actually.

Just wondering if you want to develop a corner selected in the 2nd, 3rd ala Wade. Who do you want in the first?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• off topic question for d-unit and m.o.t.h. -- I am a cowboys fan as well as a magic fan, just wondering how you guys came about having them as your favorite teams. People always tell me they think its the weirdest combo of teams for someone to like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336
                              off topic question for d-unit and m.o.t.h. -- I am a cowboys fan as well as a magic fan, just wondering how you guys came about having them as your favorite teams. People always tell me they think its the weirdest combo of teams for someone to like.
                              Damn another one... that's crazy.

I moved around a lot when I was younger. Whenever i moved I seemed to get into another sport. Born in Atlanta... I love the Braves, moved to Austin when I was 2... Huge Cowboys fan, moved to St. Augestine a little after that... the Shaq and Penny days :D , became a diehard Magic fan.

My friends rag on me all the time because, I live in jersey now but, I could care less. I love my teams and you wont find a bigger fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I'm going on record for saying we draft Marcus McCauley number 22 overall. You heard it hear first.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information