Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tnew41... Your lack of knowledge astounds me at times. You obviously have not seen that many Chargers games have you? I'm not trying to be too harsh or anything but, it doesnt seem like you know what your talking about on the subject. Quentin Jammer had an exceptional season... career highs in tackles, passes defended, and he tied a career high for ints. It took a while but, this season Jammer really broke out. I know Henry was hampered by injury but, even in 2005 he continually made the same mistakes and got beat on many occasions. I think FS, suits him better now but, you know thats just an IMO. We'll see what happens but, in Wade's D, he could really excell there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336
      Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
      Originally posted by Burns336
      I live in San Diego so i watch all of the games. Their secondary is by no means elite. Saying you would rather have florence or jammer over henry is rediculous. -- Up untill this past season Jammer was labeled a bust. He got beat so many times his first few years. last year he was just a product of an awesome front 7. same goes for the rest of the secondary really.
      No way... last season both out performed Henry. There is no way Henry is a better corner than Jammer. Henry is slow... He continually gets beat and beat again and if you put a double move on him... you're getting six.
      Henry is a solid... a very solid tackler... He doesnt have great speed but, the speed you would expect out of a S, I think the corner position has passed him by... move em to FS and you may have a pro bowler on your hands. I really want to see this move go down.
      in regaurds to this last season i would agree with you. but i also feel that he was able to outperform henry due to the pass rush and awesome LB play. My point was that i am not ready to call Jammer better than henry based off of 1 season because he had been considered a huge underacheiever up until this past year. Most of my friends wants to totally redo the charger secondary up until this recent season.

I also am one of the people on this bored who heavily criticized Henry durring our last season. Prior to the colts game I stated that if we lost it would be because henry got beat by reggie wayne. I dont like Henry as the number 2 corner on this team, in fact i would rather see him as our 3rd CB.

I want someone like clements in FA or a corner in the second round to sure up that side of the secondary. I dont trust Henry or watkins at FS right now and i would love either nelson or meriweather in the first because of their potential to have the ability to allow roy to play closer to the line.

preferably meriweather, for some reason i think the kid is going to be like a mini ed reed. i like players from miami, and i feel like he is one of those guys who is going to play with a chip on his shoulder after taking a bit of a slip in the draft. great speed and size, he just needs to get a little more polished.
      If we couldnt land a Clements... Meriweather would be my ideal choice as well. I love his potential.... he's actually lacking in the size department but, he still got a good body for the position.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
        Tnew41... Your lack of knowledge astounds me at times. You obviously have not seen that many Chargers games have you? I'm not trying to be too harsh or anything but, it doesnt seem like you know what your talking about on the subject. Quentin Jammer had an exceptional season... career highs in tackles, passes defended, and he tied a career high for ints. It took a while but, this season Jammer really broke out. I know Henry was hampered by injury but, even in 2005 he continually made the same mistakes and got beat on many occasions. I think FS, suits him better now but, you know thats just an IMO. We'll see what happens but, in Wade's D, he could really excell there.
        I can agree with you there.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12
          Originally posted by M.O.T.H.
          Tnew41... Your lack of knowledge astounds me at times. You obviously have not seen that many Chargers games have you? I'm not trying to be too harsh or anything but, it doesnt seem like you know what your talking about on the subject. Quentin Jammer had an exceptional season... career highs in tackles, passes defended, and he tied a career high for ints. It took a while but, this season Jammer really broke out. I know Henry was hampered by injury but, even in 2005 he continually made the same mistakes and got beat on many occasions. I think FS, suits him better now but, you know thats just an IMO. We'll see what happens but, in Wade's D, he could really excell there.
          I can agree with you there.
          I couldn't agree with you more

Comment

• This place is a mad house.

McCauley is a very terrible football player. I've watched him play against Hawaii the last 4 years and all I have to say is... Torch City! This past season was particularly brutal. I watched him try to defend Hawaii's passing offense and I felt sorry for him. I mean.... Colt Brennan is great and all, but really McCauley sucks big time.

Reggie Nelson can lay the wood, but he is not "known for his big hits"... Comparing him to Roy Williams is absolutely laughable. To those people saying opponents never planned against him... I wanna know how you can make that claim. Are you on any SEC coaching staffs? Nelson was the best NFL prospect on Florida's defense this past year. He makes those around him better players.

Also, I very much dislike when guys come out and say "people on this board overrate/exhaggerate players"... yeah, we're not perfect, but how can you say something like that and try to disclaim all of our thoughts and ideas on players. I guarantee we were more right on players than we were wrong. I know I was right when I was the first to come out and predict Carpenter would be our pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
              I know I was right when I was the first to come out and predict Carpenter would be our pick.
              I was one of the first to want Carpenter, but I didn't think the team had the brain to take him and would take another project like Lawson or Wimbley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                Originally posted by D-Unit
                I know I was right when I was the first to come out and predict Carpenter would be our pick.
                I was one of the first to want Carpenter, but I didn't think the team had the brain to take him and would take another project like Lawson or Wimbley.
                I debated pretty hard that Lawson was too skinny for the job... It was interesting to hear Parcells talk about debating really hard in the war room whether or not to take Lawson... with the thought of moving Ware to the strong side.... I never thought of that idea.... I knew Wimbley wouldn't last to us... When we were actually on the clock, I was kind of hoping for Winston Justice.... Chad Jackson was also a hope... but last season it was pretty clear that we were gonna take Carp... I was about 80% sure.

Comment

Ok, now you have to say who's gonna be our first pick this year :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
                    I must say... it was fun chatting with Carp last year before the draft... JJJ and JDallas chimed into the conversation too! I remember telling him he was gonna get drafted by the Boys... I told him the team need at SOLB, how he'd fit in perfectly and how having Sexton as his agent meant a lot... as I gave him the list of other Sexton agents in that Parcells pipeline... and he was like, wow, you've been doing your homework... I'd love to play for Parcells.

With Phillips, this year will be a crap shoot. Doubt he'll have the same pull BP had. FA will determine a lot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Modano
                      I must say... it was fun chatting with Carp last year before the draft... JJJ and JDallas chimed into the conversation too! I remember telling him he was gonna get drafted by the Boys... I told him the team need at SOLB, how he'd fit in perfectly and how having Sexton as his agent meant a lot... as I gave him the list of other Sexton agents in that Parcells pipeline... and he was like, wow, you've been doing your homework... I'd love to play for Parcells.

With Phillips, this year will be a crap shoot. Doubt he'll have the same pull BP had. FA will determine a lot too.
                      D-Unit is right, you can't predict until after FA. I am pretty sure we will get 1 of the 3 big name guards, so we probably won't take a guard until round 3 (manuel ramirez) or later.

Oh and Terence Newman is on Cold Pizza this morning, so watch it.

Comment

• Chargers supposedly hiring Norv Turner... I guess those games they won against the Raiders while he was coaching at Oakland made a big impression on them.

Anyway, does anyone think we'll go after Darren Sharper if he gets to FA? He's a veteran player that could be a impact guy and groom Watkins to start in the near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                          Wimbley a project? How do you figure that? He almost broke the rookie sack record.

Lawson and Carp I do understand but Wimbley played pretty good and to me he looks to be better than Ware or Merriman. My idea anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble
                            Chargers supposedly hiring Norv Turner... I guess those games they won against the Raiders while he was coaching at Oakland made a big impression on them.

Anyway, does anyone think we'll go after Darren Sharper if he gets to FA? He's a veteran player that could be a impact guy and groom Watkins to start in the near future.
                            Must not take much to impress Spanos.

On Sharper, he would help but we would be somewhat overstocked with biggish Safeties. Sharper is not the greatest cover guy though better than what we have.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              Wimbley a project? How do you figure that? He almost broke the rookie sack record.

Lawson and Carp I do understand but Wimbley played pretty good and to me he looks to be better than Ware or Merriman. My idea anyway.
                              Project because he never played standing up in college. Not because he wasn't going to be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Modano

You sucked up to Carp soooo much last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information