Day 1
    26 Buffalo Erik Flowers DE Arizona State
    58 Buffalo Travares Tillman FS Georgia Tech
    89 Buffalo Corey Moore OLB Virginia Tech
    Day 2
    121 Buffalo Avion Black WR Tennessee State
    156 Buffalo Sammy Morris FB Texas Tech
    194 Buffalo Leif Larsen DT Texas-El Paso
    233 Buffalo Drew Haddad WR Buffalo, N.Y.
    251 Buffalo Dashon Polk ILB Arizona

Comment

• After looking at that chart I noticed...75% of his first day picks were defensive. I'm also curious as to how he lost so many picks.

Day 2 18 picks were offensive...and 8 picks were defensive. I think this is a tell tail of what to come. He didn't go defense on the second day in 3 seperate drafts.

Comment

• Praise the Lord! Thanks thule for that amazing list! That's why you're one of the great Dallas posters! :D

Comment

• Todd McShay has us taking Michael Griffin in the 2nd, I would be fine with that.

And what do you guys think of Dwayne Jarrett at 22, I think that is a real possibility and could be a dark horse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
            Originally posted by thule
            Originally posted by mtmock
            who should we take at #22? i'm so confused. i don't wanna sound like a gieco commercial but somebody help me. i want to take the best WR available. but i don't see us doing that. so maybe corner or FS. tell me what you think and who. :D
            Ginn is #1a
            Hall is #1b
            Ross is #2
            McCauley is #3
            You seem to be the only one who likes Ginn :D
            Personally, I hate him. Too much of a project, I would prefer Dwayne Bowe, this is the type of receiver I like. A good reliable guy who can make catches in the middle. Ginn will be a #2, he will never be a true number 1, I see Joey Galloway written all over him.

If we go wr in the first I want Bowe, in the second Rice (but we'll have to trade up).
            If we go CB in the first I want Ross or Hughes. I was on Hughes bandwagon all year long. I don't know so much about 2nd round CB.
            If we go safety I want Nelson in the first, Griffin or Merriweather in the second.

But the most important thing in this offseason is to grab Dielman or Dockery and resing Colombo. If we won't be able to do both this moves I want a G or a T in the second round. I really like Joe Staley, but we should trade up in the second to grab him..
            I agree that bowe is a better WR but the Cowboys should probably draft a Saftey and Merriweather is moving up on the draft charts he may not be there in the second round but we will have to see at the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41
              Todd McShay has us taking Michael Griffin in the 2nd, I would be fine with that.

And what do you guys think of Dwayne Jarrett at 22, I think that is a real possibility and could be a dark horse.

i would love Jarrett at #22. That's a steal. we could use him as a #3 till TO and Glenn are gone then i think he'll make a great impact as our future #1. He's only almost 21 which gives him time to learn. i'd take him or Bowe.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtmock
                Originally posted by TNewFan41
                Todd McShay has us taking Michael Griffin in the 2nd, I would be fine with that.

i would love Jarrett at #22. That's a steal. we could use him as a #3 till TO and Glenn are gone then i think he'll make a great impact as our future #1. He's only almost 21 which gives him time to learn. i'd take him or Bowe.
                While I love USC and took a picture with DJ myself last year on the field at the end of the Arkansas game last year.... I just don't like going with a WR. You don't need to have a great WR corp to win. Good enough will do, so I don't like WRs that come with a high cost. Give me Defense!

I'm sure I'll love it if it happens, just not really hoping for it. He could be the BPA and that would be good if that's the case.

Comment

• Im so confuzzled with what Dallas is gonna do. They are the hardest team to project for me. I really have no idea.

I can see WR being taken since Glenn and TO are getting up in age. I can also see oline taken, LB, possibly Tyler at NT, CB, and FS. I have no idea whats gonna be done.

Id like to hear what Wade wants to do, and what he thinks went wrong last year. That would give a better indication of what he plans on "fixing" through the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by mtmock

Would you guys still be high on jarrett if he had a slow 40 time which he is very capable of having? I see this guy as being the next keyshawn as far as being a big bodied reciever with great hands although im not sure if thats what we want right now.

We have to remember that we had one of the most productive offenses in the league and we werent losing games because of a lack of production from our offense.

Our defense was primarily responsible for all of our losses and taking an impact player in the first could change that. especially in the secondary. With ellis coming back and wade phillips unleashing our LB's a bit more, i think a FS in the first would be a good choice. A rookie FS would also benefit from all of the blitzing in phillips scheme.

Comment

• yea...i would still take him with the depth in this years draft at secondary...WHAT"S WRONG WITH A KEYASHAWN AGAIN? we could take him round 1 and possibly take meriweather,rouse,griffen,weddle,wendling,and all those CB"s...in round 2. i think we should take him if he falls...

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                        Im so confuzzled with what Dallas is gonna do. They are the hardest team to project for me. I really have no idea.

I can see WR being taken since Glenn and TO are getting up in age. I can also see oline taken, LB, possibly Tyler at NT, CB, and FS. I have no idea whats gonna be done.

Id like to hear what Wade wants to do, and what he thinks went wrong last year. That would give a better indication of what he plans on "fixing" through the draft.
                        That's why I think moving up or moving down is ideal for us this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336

Would you guys still be high on jarrett if he had a slow 40 time which he is very capable of having? I see this guy as being the next keyshawn as far as being a big bodied reciever with great hands although im not sure if thats what we want right now.

We have to remember that we had one of the most productive offenses in the league and we werent losing games because of a lack of production from our offense.

Our defense was primarily responsible for all of our losses and taking an impact player in the first could change that. especially in the secondary. With ellis coming back and wade phillips unleashing our LB's a bit more, i think a FS in the first would be a good choice. A rookie FS would also benefit from all of the blitzing in phillips scheme.
                          Or be Exposed...if the blitz doesn't get there..that leaves the safety out to dry. I mean it goes both ways...you just can't assume we are gonna blitz more so our safety's will have less pressure...I would actually claim it the opposite...it puts even more pressure on the safeties.

Comment

• We wont have a chance to get merriweather in the second and the rest of those guys arent impact players or atleast dont have the potential that nelson, landry, and merriweather have from what we have seen so far.

I just dont think we need a possesion reciever when we still have Glenn, T.O., a very good Patrick Crayton, a poor mans jarrett in Sam Hurd, Jason witten, and a developing Fasano...

with all of those weapons on offense, why not go to where we have Patrick watkins, keither davis, and roy williams as our last line of defense? It just seems idiotic for me not to do somthing in the secondary.

At first i was calling for another speed rusher, but now that bill is gone and phillips is in that changes everything as far as our blitzing goes. We could have a rookie pulling in 5-8 picks in the secondary at FS given the pressure phillips puts on.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              Im so confuzzled with what Dallas is gonna do. They are the hardest team to project for me. I really have no idea.

That's why I think moving up or moving down is ideal for us this year.
                              I agree moving up or down seems to hold value. With CB talent all the way into the third round its not necessarily a first round need. Which leads to the question who is worth it to move up for. Or who can we move down for to get better value.

My Move Up List
                              Ted Ginn
                              Adrian Peterson
                              Leon Hall

My Move Down List

Aaron Ross
                              Brandon Meriweather
                              Tank Tyler
                              Robert Meachem
                              Sidney Rice

Comment

• Originally posted by thule
                                Originally posted by Burns336

Or be Exposed...if the blitz doesn't get there..that leaves the safety out to dry. I mean it goes both ways...you just can't assume we are gonna blitz more so our safety's will have less pressure...I would actually claim it the opposite...it puts even more pressure on the safeties.
                                I live in San Diego and have followed them for the past couple years, with the exception of Jammer showing up this year, they have been crappy. Look at their safeties -- they dont have a roy williams or a First round draft pick back there. they have mediocre guys who look great due to his pressure. if wade gets this defense together it would be stupid not to go D in the first. Our offense is overloaded and a reciever would be a wasted pick. he wouldnt have an immediate impact on this team which is what we need. Unless someone drastically improves in the NFC we are only a player or 2 away from going to the super bowl. The player needs to be on defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information