X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit
    Originally posted by dpl85
    I certainly don't want to overlook Tampa on Turkey Day but at the risk of being called the master of the obvious the following game against the Giants will be absolutely HUGE. I'm definitely not going to make any bold predictions other than to say the winner of that game will more than likely win the division obviously. That game will probably define our season.
    I'm the opposite. I think Tampa will be cake walk and I don't think a win or loss will define our season. We are however, looking quite unstoppable and 4 more wins should take us to the playoffs. Here's how I see our season unfolding the rest of the way.

Tampa - Easy Win - Us against a rookie QB who is on the Road in Dallas on Turkey Day? Ain't happenin' folks.
    @Giants - Win - I've been saying we'd split wins since opening day.
    Saints - Win - I don't think they are as good as their early season record. I see them battling for a wildcard spot and perhaps being the odd team out.

@Atlanta - Win - Probably the most difficult game that I foresee us having left on the schedule, but if they have to rely on the run (which they will), they are dead.
    Philly - Win - Not happenin' without McScab
    Detroit - Win - Our starters will sit and we'll still win...Detroit is playing for the top pick of the draft.

Season ending record: 12-4
    Winning out would be huge for us...likely give us a first round bye with chicago. I really think we need homefield advantage to make it to the bowl tho. I really don't like our chances of winning in Chicago in January.

Another note...figuring an easy win against TB will leave us with 11 days to prepare for the giants....got to like that...not to meniton we will be more rested then them. I agree that the NYG game on monday night will be a good sign of how far this team will go.

Comment

• The Jaguars won, now we are in control of our playoff run..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
        The Jaguars won, now we are in control of our playoff run..
        Ya i'm really liking the look at a first round bye. We are curently sixth in the NFC playoff wise.

Chicago has one bye looked up it seems.
        NYG still have to go to carolina/and play NO plus us. With all those injuries who knows
        Seattle hasn't looked like anything without hasselbeck
        Carolina is moving up...but have a tough remaining schuedel also at no/at atl
        NO has overachieved and the loss of Colston will hurt more then we think

Phi is at the 7 spot...think its safe to say they aren't a threat anymore.
        SF is behind them we shouldn't have to worry about them.
        I really like our chance in this thing.

Comment

• Who knows who are our team captains this year?
          Last year they were Campbell, Ellis and I don't remember if there was another one..

Anyone is going to Texas Stadium for the thanksgivin game? This one is nationally televised here in Italy too :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• That Redskins loss could bite us in the behind when it comes to home field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano
              Who knows who are our team captains this year?
              Last year they were Campbell, Ellis and I don't remember if there was another one..

Anyone is going to Texas Stadium for the thanksgivin game? This one is nationally televised here in Italy too :D
              Bledsoe, Bradie, and Ellis.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• You guys were right, its gonna come down to the Giants/Cowboys game. The Giants are reeling right now, the injuries are almost too much to handle. Our defense is a sitting duck out there, and our offense isn't doing them any favors.

I underestimated how huge losing Petitgout was. Holy crap, ever since he went down Eli is running for his life. His confidence seems at an all time low, and until the coaching staff buys a brain and does something to help Whitfield like leave a TE in to block, we're going no where.

Im hoping that we go no huddle for the rest of the season, it seems that if Eli calls the plays, we have hope. But the playcalling by Huffnagel is absolutely ridiculous. They didn't call Shockey's # once the entire game, we only went to him when Eli called the plays, and naturally, our offense started to get a spark. Eli needs to drastically improve because if he continues to regress, you guys won the division.

I have a bad feeling that Osi and Strahan are both done for the season. If thats the case, then our season is over anyway, because we're simply not a good team without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  You guys were right, its gonna come down to the Giants/Cowboys game. The Giants are reeling right now, the injuries are almost too much to handle. Our defense is a sitting duck out there, and our offense isn't doing them any favors.

I underestimated how huge losing Petitgout was. Holy crap, ever since he went down Eli is running for his life. His confidence seems at an all time low, and until the coaching staff buys a brain and does something to help Whitfield like leave a TE in to block, we're going no where.

Im hoping that we go no huddle for the rest of the season, it seems that if Eli calls the plays, we have hope. But the playcalling by Huffnagel is absolutely ridiculous. They didn't call Shockey's # once the entire game, we only went to him when Eli called the plays, and naturally, our offense started to get a spark. Eli needs to drastically improve because if he continues to regress, you guys won the division.

I have a bad feeling that Osi and Strahan are both done for the season. If thats the case, then our season is over anyway, because we're simply not a good team without them.
                  I was completely shocked when no one reacted to me posting that Petitgout was lost for the season. Is it possible that I, a lowly Cowgirls fan, respects him more than you guys?

I honestly hope you guys have to start keeping a TE in to help block, because that means Shockey becomes neutralized. I fear no one in your offense but Shockey, because he holds the keys for everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ward
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    You guys were right, its gonna come down to the Giants/Cowboys game. The Giants are reeling right now, the injuries are almost too much to handle. Our defense is a sitting duck out there, and our offense isn't doing them any favors.

I was completely shocked when no one reacted to me posting that Petitgout was lost for the season. Is it possible that I, a lowly Cowgirls fan, respects him more than you guys?

I honestly hope you guys have to start keeping a TE in to help block, because that means Shockey becomes neutralized. I fear no one in your offense but Shockey, because he holds the keys for everyone else.
                    My plan would be to come in with a 2 TE set, with Shincao blocking on Whitfield's side, and we run Shockey, Burress and Tyree out on patterns, and Barber in the flats. That would be enough. Afterall, its not like Eli is gonna make 4 reads every play, if we run out 3 guys and a flat route, thats more than enough.

Heck, I wouldnt even use Shincao half the time. Id bring in Seaburt. We use him alot on Run plays as an "eligable TE" and have him pull, but I wouldn't mind having him on pass plays too and have him block. Use a mix of him and Shincao in blocking patterns to mix it up, that can easily solve our problem.

That and not streaking Shockey all the goddamned time. When Eli calls the plays in the no huddle, he uses Shockey as an intermediate route, and the results speak for themselves. When TC and Huffy run the show, we streak him every play with no dump off, so Eli has a choice between.

1. Deepball
                    2. Deepball
                    3. Deepball some more.

Its a joke. I honestly don't see any adjustments to our game unless the coaching staff is replaced. We've had the same offensive issues here since TC came on board, and it doesn't look like he's willing to change. So we're in a sticky situation right now. Part of me wants to see us tank the season so we can get TC fired, because that seems like the only way we will ever get a change in the playbook. But the other half of me says that if we can gut this out, and somehow regroup, we have a shot at the SB with this crapshoot NFC conference this year.

But its not looking good for the Giants right now. Im sure BP is using it as motivation for the Bucs game for you guys. Its usually a trap game, but I don't think that happens with Dallas's emotions at an all time high this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      That and not streaking Shockey all the goddamned time. When Eli calls the plays in the no huddle, he uses Shockey as an intermediate route, and the results speak for themselves. When TC and Huffy run the show, we streak him every play with no dump off, so Eli has a choice between.

1. Deepball
                      2. Deepball
                      3. Deepball some more.

Its a joke. I honestly don't see any adjustments to our game unless the coaching staff is replaced. We've had the same offensive issues here since TC came on board, and it doesn't look like he's willing to change. So we're in a sticky situation right now. Part of me wants to see us tank the season so we can get TC fired, because that seems like the only way we will ever get a change in the playbook. But the other half of me says that if we can gut this out, and somehow regroup, we have a shot at the SB with this crapshoot NFC conference this year.
                      You know it's funny, I was watching ESPN and someone made the astute comment (wish I could remember who) that Eli Manning and Mike Vick need to swap offenses. Eli needs the short-intermediate routes of a WCO hybrid, and Vick needs an O that just goes deep all the time. Maybe you guys can work out a trade.

Comment

1. Deepball
                        2. Deepball
                        3. Deepball some more.

You know it's funny, I was watching ESPN and someone made the astute comment (wish I could remember who) that Eli Manning and Mike Vick need to swap offenses. Eli needs the short-intermediate routes of a WCO hybrid, and Vick needs an O that just goes deep all the time. Maybe you guys can work out a trade.
                        It'd work out in madden

Comment

1. Deepball
                          2. Deepball
                          3. Deepball some more.

Mora for Huffnagel? Thats like trading a Hyundai for a Daewoo, lol.

Comment

• I love the NFL - and especially Giants fans. Two weeks ago the media, everyone in and around the NFL, and especially their fans are swaggering around talking the Giants up as the third best team in the NFL, the odds-on favorite to beat the Bears and go to the SB, the team with no weaknesses, blah blah blah. Then all of a sudden they get dismantled by the Bears, followed by just an ugly, ugly performance against a depleted Jacksonville team (is losing Mike Peterson, Reggie Hayward, Donovin Darius, their FS [I forget his name] and having a limited Marcus Stroud on the field really that far away from the spot the Giants are in?) with a string of horrid performances by their QB and the loss of their LT, and suddenly Coughlin is a horrible coach, management is lost in their own bodies, and the finger is pointed in all directions.

The funny thing, to me, is that the Giants were never as good as people were making them out to be when they were riding high, and they are not as bad as they seem now. The one thing I have said all through the year is that they are built around the pressure from their defensive front. If Mike and Osi aren't getting to the QB, then the entire defense falls apart, much like last night. Obviously, with not just one but BOTH of those guys out, it's going to get ugly.

The one thing that concerns me is that Eli has looked positively downright bad the last 4 weeks. Even in the game against us (to me, the best game as a team they have played all year) he was less than impressive. His stat line was mediocre, and it's been all down hill from there. You can attribute part of that to losing Petitgout, but it started before that injury, and there have been plays where he has had plenty of time, but just plain missed. With Eli playing at a PB level and their DEs getting consistent pressure, I think they can be a team that has a shot at making a run. But with on or both of those elements out of play, they simply can't overcome the weaknesses they have up the middle against the run and their terrible pass coverage.

Still, next week the Giants could blow out the Titans by 40, the Cowboys could choke on their chickens at home against the lowly Bucs, and everything could be turned on its head yet again. This is the NFL. One thing that has been driven home in my mind (even though I knew it before) over the last 6 weeks is that the season takes way too many twists and turns for me to over react to a win or a loss. I have nearly ceased entirely watching ESPN because they just ride the waves with every single team. The Giants are a great example. Right now the Cowboys are up, the Giants are down and Philly and Wash are out. Who knows, maybe Garcia will end up leading the Eagles to a SB! Whatever the outcome, you just have to try and keep an even keel. This thing is far from over.
                            Originally posted by 21ST
                            He was protecting his self
                            Originally posted by tjsunstein
                            From what? His leg?
                            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Don't look now, but Dallas is currently ranked t-5th in the league in TO differential at +6, and is actually a whopping third in total takeaways with 23. :shock:

Maybe this defense is ready to take off. Wow.
                              Originally posted by 21ST
                              He was protecting his self
                              Originally posted by tjsunstein
                              From what? His leg?
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                                I love the NFL - and especially Giants fans. Two weeks ago the media, everyone in and around the NFL, and especially their fans are swaggering around talking the Giants up as the third best team in the NFL, the odds-on favorite to beat the Bears and go to the SB, the team with no weaknesses, blah blah blah. Then all of a sudden they get dismantled by the Bears, followed by just an ugly, ugly performance against a depleted Jacksonville team (is losing Mike Peterson, Reggie Hayward, Donovin Darius, their FS [I forget his name] and having a limited Marcus Stroud on the field really that far away from the spot the Giants are in?) with a string of horrid performances by their QB and the loss of their LT, and suddenly Coughlin is a horrible coach, management is lost in their own bodies, and the finger is pointed in all directions.
                                We've actually been criticizing TC and the coaching staff all year. Its not something we've just begun to do. Heck, we've criticized our offensive playbook in the offseason. These problems are nothing new, and naturally they'll rear their head when the team loses.

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                                The funny thing, to me, is that the Giants were never as good as people were making them out to be when they were riding high, and they are not as bad as they seem now. The one thing I have said all through the year is that they are built around the pressure from their defensive front. If Mike and Osi aren't getting to the QB, then the entire defense falls apart, much like last night. Obviously, with not just one but BOTH of those guys out, it's going to get ugly.
                                Of course. We lost 3 major pieces on defense, thats equivalent to you guys losing Ware, Roy Williams, and Bradie James. We are built on pressure, but name me a defense that can still succeed without their 3 best pass rushers. Take away the pass rushers, and any defense will crumble. If you guys lost Ware, Ellis and Carpenter, which is equivalent to our injuries, your defense would take a huge dive as well. Im not putting our defense in the same breathe as yours, but naturally when you lose 3 integral pieces on defense, it will faulter no matter what you have in the other positions. You can have the best secondary in the world, no one can cover NFL receivers for 5 seconds. No pressure, and your pass defense crumbles, thats how it is for everyone.

The one thing that concerns me is that Eli has looked positively downright bad the last 4 weeks. Even in the game against us (to me, the best game as a team they have played all year) he was less than impressive. His stat line was mediocre, and it's been all down hill from there. You can attribute part of that to losing Petitgout, but it started before that injury, and there have been plays where he has had plenty of time, but just plain missed. With Eli playing at a PB level and their DEs getting consistent pressure, I think they can be a team that has a shot at making a run. But with on or both of those elements out of play, they simply can't overcome the weaknesses they have up the middle against the run and their terrible pass coverage.
                                That pretty much sums it up. Eli is not playing well at all. If we're gonna go anywhere, he needs to improve bottomline. His mistakes are correctable, but if he doesn't correct them, then its over. I think you underestimate your interior D though. Pierce does a great job stopping the run up the gut, and Coffield has done a good job filling in at NT. Im not a huge Robbins fan, but he has been playing well. The problem now is with our Ends gone, teams are running offtackle and sweeps on us all day. Thats the issue. And because of that, we are moving our OLBs over the side more, and now that opens up the interior run. Thats the main issue, our vulnerability to the outside run now that our DEs are depleted. Its a dominoe effect for the rest of the defense.

Still, next week the Giants could blow out the Titans by 40, the Cowboys could choke on their chickens at home against the lowly Bucs, and everything could be turned on its head yet again. This is the NFL. One thing that has been driven home in my mind (even though I knew it before) over the last 6 weeks is that the season takes way too many twists and turns for me to over react to a win or a loss. I have nearly ceased entirely watching ESPN because they just ride the waves with every single team. The Giants are a great example. Right now the Cowboys are up, the Giants are down and Philly and Wash are out. Who knows, maybe Garcia will end up leading the Eagles to a SB! Whatever the outcome, you just have to try and keep an even keel. This thing is far from over.
                                Yeah, the whole league is a crapshoot. Like I said before, it would not surprise me at all if a 8-8 team makes the playoffs in the NFC. Outside of Chicago, the 2nd best record in the NFC is 6-4 right now, shared by 5 teams. Just imagine how much will change just in this week alone when more of those teams win/lose and create some separation (if you can even call it that). I personally hate the parity, I think its getting to be too much, but thats just how it is. Imagine how hard it must be for gamblers...the bookies are making a killing.

That said, if the Giants can just survive this storm and hold serve, we can make the playoffs, maybe even win the division. We own all tiebreakers over all the 6-4 teams (except maybe Seattle I believe), so if we can just hold serve, we'll be ok. Thats a big IF considering how bad we are playing right now. But like you said, the season is so up and down, you just never know whats gonna happen next.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information