Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason Crosby... 5th round... i wish but, will never happen. (I'm not that high on him but, that would be a steal)

As for Okoye, no way he can play NT in a 3-4. He'd have to take Canty's job.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Yes, I'd take Marshawn Lynch at 22 if he were there.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• Better yet, lets trade a 3rd and get McGahee (Rumor has it all it will take to pry him from Buffalo is a 1st DAY pick).

Designs by Thule

I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• or not and keep the third rounder and help improve our team. We dont need a third running back. Jones is fine and Barber is great

Comment

• Neither Barber nor Jones is as good as McGahee. Lynch could be special, and Jones and Barber are not.

I'm content with having them both and no other RB's but you have to admit that upgrading that position would be worth looking into.

Designs by Thule

Comment

• Lynch is too much of a thug for my liking.

Comment

• If Lynch is avaible at #22 I would pick him without esitation.. This guy will be special in the NFL...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  Lynch is too much of a thug for my liking.
                  I think he's a thug by the definition Tupac made of this word, but he's not a thug by the classic definition of the word..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
                    Better yet, lets trade a 3rd and get McGahee (Rumor has it all it will take to pry him from Buffalo is a 1st DAY pick).
                    This is very intriguing. THe only thing I don't like about Willis is that he doesn't have that homerun hitting speed like JJ. However, overall he's gives you more. I wonder if Buffalo would trade WG and their 1st round pick for JJ, our first round and Ellis?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Mason Crosby... 5th round... i wish but, will never happen. (I'm not that high on him but, that would be a steal)

As for Okoye, no way he can play NT in a 3-4. He'd have to take Canty's job.
                      Okoye is 20. I am no MD but he looks to be able to play with more weight as he matures and at his height he will have leverage. He has "a hutch" as we would say.

Okoye is definately too young and too small today but ANY Nose Tackle in any round is a project. Even Branch.

Give Okoye two years of spot duty and by the time Fergie is gone he is ready. I would say the same of D Tyler too -- too young and not mature physically yet.

No one coming out of College is really ready to play 2 Gap let alone 2 Gap NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                        This is very intriguing. THe only thing I don't like about Willis is that he doesn't have that homerun hitting speed like JJ. However, overall he's gives you more. I wonder if Buffalo would trade WG and their 1st round pick for JJ, our first round and Ellis?

I would make that trade in a heart beat and pick up a Lorenzo Booker in the draft.

Why Buffalo would make that trade is beyond me unless we take out Ellis and put in a Burnett or similar. 30 uears old with achilles injuries don't have much value.

Comment

• So, are there any players you guys think are no longer assured of a roster spot?

I'm thinking of guys who were "Parcell's guys," players like Proctor or Bradie James, or even Carpenter? The reason I mention Carpenter is, although he is talented, his selection last year seemed to be contingent on the fact that he was the son of a "Parcell's guy."

Or how about Fasano? Parcells basically picked him because he was Bavaro 2.0.

Comment

• BX - Carpenter was a BP guy no doubt, but he wasn't a reach in the first round. It's not as if BP drafted him INSPITE of his talent level.

Designs by Thule

Comment

• I keep hearing Proctor's name mentioned by Jerry Jones every time he's talking about filling holes from within, so it sounds like they like this guy.

Couldn't really say about the other guys, except they've got the big contract tied up in James (as has been discussed often on this thread). Both Carpenter and Fasano are 2nd year high draft picks. You don't give up on those kind of guys quickly if you want to be a successful team. Also, don't forget we've parted ways with both Ryan Hannam and Bret Pierce, so Fasano is the only other TE on the team with Witten. You need at least 2 or 3.
                              Last edited by FinChase; 03-02-2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• I not sure about all this nonsense about "Parcells Guys."

Every team wants "Parcells Guys," why not Jerry and Wade?

For crying out loud "Parcells Guys" means hard working, intelligent, performs on the field and plays through injury.

If every player in the league played like a "Parcells Guy" the quality of Sunday Football would 3-4 times better than today with less show-off silliness.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information