This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
    BX - Carpenter was a BP guy no doubt, but he wasn't a reach in the first round. It's not as if BP drafted him INSPITE of his talent level.
    True on Carp. He was late first rounder all the way. It was rumored if not Dallas that New England would have picked him. So, just really out there opinions on Carp. Carp was unlucky enuff to go to a team loaded with LB talent and a very demanding Head Coach who knows LB.

On the BP Guys thing all Parcells has consistently said on this issue is that Talent Evaluators are more interested in Track and Field Talent then football talent. His quote, to paraphrase, was "without a stop watch they would not know a 1st rounder from a 4th rounders."

While being a great athelete is fantastic it is not the key to being a great football players. Being a great football players requires more brains, more team discipline, more studying and more heart than being a great track and field guy.

Give me 45 BP guys with median athletic skills and I could coach a SB team.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
      I keep hearing Proctor's name mentioned by Jerry Jones every time he's talking about filling holes from within, so it sounds like they like this guy.

Couldn't really say about the other guys, except they've got the big contract tied up in James (as has been discussed often on this thread). Both Carpenter and Fasano are 2nd year high draft picks. You don't give up on those kind of guys quickly if you want to be successful team. Also, don't forget we've parted ways with both Ryan Hannam and Bret Pierce, so we Fasano is the only other TE on the team with Witten. You need at least 2 or 3.
      You can not trust Jerry Jones on talent evaluation. This is the same guy who was talking up Dredslow right before Romo took off. Same guy who swears by TO. Same guy who gave away two 1s for Galloway. Same guy who signed a Average SS, Below Average ILB and Above Average but Unproven Punter to monster contracts.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
        You can not trust Jerry Jones on talent evaluation. This is the same guy who was talking up Dredslow right before Romo took off. Same guy who swears by TO. Same guy who gave away two 1s for Galloway. Same guy who signed a Average SS, Below Average ILB and Above Average but Unproven Punter to monster contracts.
        I'm not trusting him, I'm just assuming he's voicing the opinion of the team. Proctor may just end up being another in a line of "hope-he's_gonnabes".

Comment

• Anybody seen DWM or JDallas since the new forums came up?

Comment

• Nope, haven't seen either.

Comment

• just a heads up to all you dallas fans that live in texas, if yall have warrants you might want to get them taken care of before tomorrow cuz it is a warrant round-up week and you will get arrested if you got one. like i said just a heads up.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• thanks for the update lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3 View Post
                  thanks for the update lol
                  hey no problem, i just thought i'd let my fellow texans know whats going on. i know my ass had to take care of one. haha and TH3 you are cool but after this post, if you read my last post and you do have a warrant , i think i deserve some rep. ;)

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Anybody seen DWM or JDallas since the new forums came up?

No. And the intelligence of the Cowboys forum suffers because of it.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• It's generally assumed that Al Johnson won't be back in Dallas next season. So who do you think they will get to back up Gurode?

Maybe a Day 2 center? Or should they grab someone from free agency?

Comment

• I think that Procter has taken some reps at center...he could be a possible solution.

Comment

• What do you think of Kenyon Coleman visiting Cleveland today?

Comment

• I like Coleman, but I'm not that worried about losing him...

Comment

• Anyone else see JDallas on the dallascowboys.com front page responding to a question about pass-rushers?

Comment

• Both Johnson(Tampa) and Coleman(Cleveland) have other Visits. What does everyone think about that?

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information