This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jdallas
    So now that we're done talking about that since it has nothing to do with the team...
    What do you guys know about Travis Leffew G Louisville? I recognize the name, but don't remember too much about him. He played OT in college and was on the Packers practice squad before we signed him yesterday. Parcells said he was sort of a project.
    Wow! Leffew, huh? Interesting. True, he spent the majority of his time at Louisville at tackle, but he also played guard for them early in his college career. He's a much better Guard prospect than a tackle prospect at the NFL level. His size is not ideal for a tackle. He needs to add strength. However, he's very intelligent and is a guy that could be a nice Utility lineman for us. Could be a nice surprise. He's been incredibly durable in college and I thought he was a 5th round prospect... Dunno where he ended up being picked, but I'm at least interested in seeing what he's got. There is some nice potential there. He received several awards in college... and I know Louisville has had a good OL. Jason Spitz was also on that line.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      Originally posted by Jdallas
      Shockey obviously should be more involved in the game, but the no-huddle isn't the answer. It takes more chances and while it may be more productive on offense, it can kill the defense. What happens when they go 3 and out on offense twice in a row and the defense just runs out of energy? Also, the no huddle, to a certain extent, is designed to work against teams with a more conservative defensive gameplan. It can cause a lot of turnovers is the defense is being more aggressive. The chance of a turnover is worth it late in the game when you're behind, but not when the score is 10-7 in the first.
      Well look at it this way, we're going 3 and out and turning it over anyway in the set offense. So whats there to lose? In fact, we turn it over and go 3 and out at a much higher rate in our base offense.
      The Giants were a prime candidate to be a team ravaged my injuries. When the schedules came out and the Giants were noted as the team with the toughest schedule, that was a telling sign. In addition, with all the preseason talk about how tough the NFC East was... and how we'd be beating up on each other... I was worried that we'd again be the team with the most injuries, but it looks like the Giants are that team.

Comment

• If tomorrow game didn't look good enough, heres the players that will play tomorrow for the Bucs: S. Rice, J. Bolden, Quarles, Wyms and few others. There defense is screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul
          If tomorrow game didn't look good enough, heres the players that will play tomorrow for the Bucs: S. Rice, J. Bolden, Quarles, Wyms and few others. There defense is screwed.
          Beware of the trap game.

But seriously...you guys have to win this one. Even if you show up halfass, you should still win it.

Looking ahead, the thought of Bob Whitfield blocking DeMarcus Ware is waking me up at night... :(

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            Originally posted by Paul
            If tomorrow game didn't look good enough, heres the players that will play tomorrow for the Bucs: S. Rice, J. Bolden, Quarles, Wyms and few others. There defense is screwed.
            Beware of the trap game.

But seriously...you guys have to win this one. Even if you show up halfass, you should still win it.

Looking ahead, the thought of Bob Whitfield blocking DeMarcus Ware is waking me up at night... :(
            I thought Arizona was our trap game. I really felt that way. This time, I'm totally the opposite. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing... Oh well... We'll see soon enough.

BP said that our coaching staff really prepared well starting last week for this game and that he's more prepared now than the past Thanksgiving games he's had in Dallas since coming here. That to me is a good sign at the very least.

If we get beat by a rookie QB on a bad team... We deserve coal in our stockings on Christmas morning.

Comment

• Happy Turkey Day everyone!

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
              Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by Poet3334
                Happy Turkey Day everyone!
                You, too.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

I'm not really expecting this game to be too easy but I do think we'll win by at least 14 as the Bucs do have a lot of injuries to key players. I'm gonna predict 24-7. Survey says one more for the good guys! :D

EDIT: It is kind of unseasonably warm here in Dallas, the weather is absolutely perfect. Vanderclank will have absolutely no excuse to miss FGs.

Comment

• Here's a great story on Bradie James. He's a great guy and he deserves all the success he's had as he has had kind of a rough life losing both his parents at a relatively young age.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstoryn...e.27e6175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85
                      Here's a great story on Bradie James. He's a great guy and he deserves all the success he's had as he has had kind of a rough life losing both his parents at a relatively young age.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstoryn...e.27e6175.html
                      I just finished reading it. Very touching. Says a lot about his perseverance and dedication. I think Bradie has a big game today.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                      Albert Camus

Comment

• TOUCHDOWN GOOD GUYS!!! :D

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

• WHO SAYS ROY WILLIAMS CAN'T COVER?!!!

Comment

• Man the D was terrible on the first drive. Good TD to Terry Glenn, Big time INT by Roy. Let's go score another TD and quit messin around.

Comment

• Touchdown Terry Glenn!!! His nickname is now officially "Touchdown" Terry Glenn! :D

Comment

• Damn we gotta put Newman on Galloway Henry doesn't have the speed to really cover him deep although Henry just made a great TD saving deflection.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information