This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
    Anyone else see JDallas on the dallascowboys.com front page responding to a question about pass-rushers?
    I did after you mentioned it. And no one has seen him here, odd.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Question:

If Dallas does not use 20MM in cap space can the team elect to speed up the amortization of signing bonuses?

I know the NFLPA would love it. Assures teams will almost always spend every penny in their cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert_in_bigd View Post
        Question:

If Dallas does not use 20MM in cap space can the team elect to speed up the amortization of signing bonuses?

I know the NFLPA would love it. Assures teams will almost always spend every penny in their cap.
        I don't think it works that way.

Comment

• I'm starting to get concerned. No signings, no real big visits. Davis left with no contract, no mention of Hamlin, and the Free Agents are flying off the shelves, especially the OL.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I know. And we are gonna lose Colombo. WTF?!?!?!?

Jerry you SUCK!!!! We need o-lineman, and no we lost our best one. Wow you are stupid Jerry.

And don't give me that Cory Proctor and Pat McQuistan crap, are you serious? They probably suck.

Wow, we are not gonna win the the SB because of our O-Line. Great job Jerry.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
              I know. And we are gonna lose Colombo. WTF?!?!?!?

Jerry you SUCK!!!! We need o-lineman, and no we lost our best one. Wow you are stupid Jerry.

And don't give me that Cory Proctor and Pat McQuistan crap, are you serious? They probably suck.

Wow, we are not gonna win the the SB because of our O-Line. Great job Jerry.

Overreact much?

It's exactly 2 days into FA. May I remind you that the top two franchises in winning games since 2000 (Eagles and Patriots) have virtually no big name signees year in and year out. The two major players year in and year out are the Redskins and the Browns. You draw your own conclusions.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
              I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• I was reading an interview Jerry did in the DMN and it sounded like he would be much more conservative in FA this time and that he's banking on significant improvement from within, namely with Watkins and Carpenter.

Shouldn't we be highly interested in Joey Porter, wouldn't he be a perfect fit opposite Ware? I know Carpenter is projected to start there currently but it seems a little unrealistic to expect him to improve that much from last year.

I hope we re-sign Colombo, it's not like we have anyone currently on the roster to adequately replace him.

I still think it's highly unlikely that Henry would move to FS, I hope this is reflected the next time Scott updates the mock. Also, It's even less likely that we would draft a kicker in the 2nd round after the Vanderjagt fiasco Jerry said emphatically that he would never spend big on a kicker again and I think we're going to re-sign Gramatica anyway.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place, the new format is a little confusing to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  I don't think it works that way.
                  Well NFLPA should work on it. GMs would love it for flexibility. Players would love it because it creates cap room / incentive to spend. Owners ...... well that is another story.

Another way is to let teams trade caps space to each other for draft picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                    I was reading an interview Jerry did in the DMN and it sounded like he would be much more conservative in FA this time and that he's banking on significant improvement from within, namely with Watkins and Carpenter.
                    I can see us banking on the improvement of Carp and Pat, but that still means we must improve the offensive line. Right now, the line looks like if we put the best guys on the field, our line might be like this:

Adams-Kosier-Gurode-Procter-Fabini

I dunno about you, but with the cap space we have, it would look much better like this:

Adams-Kosier-Gurode-Jake Scott-Colombo.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Exactly. This is pathetic. Jerry you ran idiot. You let yuour best lineman go, and he is probably asking for a reasonable price. Idiot.

Is there anyway we can get both Colombo and Davis?

If so I would love our o-line:

Adams-Kosiar-Gurode-Davis-Colombo

Comment

• I still think Colombo will resign, and Davis will sign. Just playing itself out.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
                        Albert Camus

Comment

• Columbo isnt gone and its not like they cant sign either.

Comment

• I'm happy iwith the way we're approaching free agency.. Not overpaying but wait and show the player that they are not always worth the millions they want..
                            Maybe both Colombo and Davis asnwered too much during the talks.. Now it's time to talk again and not throw the money like Buffalo or San Francisco did..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Where is Colombo? In Dallas?

Comment

• I haven't heard any reports of Colombo visiting other teams as of yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information