This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
    You overreact to everything. It's either "We're winning the SB" or "We have uber players" or "OMG Jerry's a fool, we're done if we don't draft 2 OL".

AND you make outlandish statements that can't be proven (i.e. opinion) as if they were fact.
    TNew, I think your opinions matter on this board, but other people will not be persuaded by them, especially if you're trying to cram them down everyone's throat. LSU's right, you do need to back them up with some proof.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
    Albert Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
      What exactly do I do to piss everyone off? I am a homer, that is all I can think of.
      Making a false statement and telling the other person to "check your sources before you post" is a bit much.

Talking to others with respect always makes it easier to eat your words when thrown back at you.
      Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

• well atleast I was only off by 2 years, that guy was off by 7........

Anyway, you guys are right. I believe I am a knowledgable fan, I just come across alittle harsh. I will try to be better.

Comment

well atleast I was only off by 2 years, that guy was off by 7........

Anyway, you guys are right. I believe I am a knowledgable fan, I just come across alittle harsh. I will try to be better.
          (Side notes: I was referring to the "He (Shawn Springs) is acutally younger than Bly. Please check your sources before you post" comment you made. Also, coming into one of the Lions' threads and saying, and I quote:
          The lions suck, who cares?
          It isn't being "harsh", it's being stupid. Show some respect to others or expect rude responses.)

Comment

• No, it was in the NFL Thread. And I was just messing around.

Comment

No, it was in the NFL Thread. And I was just messing around.
              Actually, it was in a thread in the Detroit Lions Team Forum section.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=2915

Regardless, show respect to get respect.

Comment

What exactly do I do to piss everyone off? I am a homer, that is all I can think of.
                I tell you straight up, mostly its your narrow-minded opinions "Nelson is 100x faster than Landry" and over-reacting "if we dont get this deal done Jerry should be killed!!" that does it, and I dont know how other people feel but you asked the question and Im answering it. Theres people on this board who have been around football far longer than you and coincidentally, they know more than you. Learn to take a more open-minded approach and listen to other people's ideas. DO NOT assume your ideas are the best and DO NOT over-react when people disagree with you.

Comment

• Yes Sir, General BigMac. (salutes)

Comment

Yes Sir, General BigMac. (salutes)
                    you asked.

Comment

• I reckon I did sir.

Comment

• Thought I'd bring this back to the top with a quick question:

If you could improve one position on this team (within reason), which would it be, who would it be, and how would you do it?

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
                          Thought I'd bring this back to the top with a quick question:

If you could improve one position on this team (within reason), which would it be, who would it be, and how would you do it?
                          FS Reggie Nelson in Round 1. It's the most sensible move imo.

The #1 need is an elite NT imo, but I don't see any way within reason to get one.

Priority Needs in order:
                          NT
                          FS
                          OT
                          OLB
                          OG
                          WR
                          CB

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            FS Reggie Nelson in Round 1. It's the most sensible move imo.

The #1 need is an elite NT imo, but I don't see any way within reason to get one.

Priority Needs in order:
                            NT
                            FS
                            OT
                            OLB
                            OG
                            WR
                            CB
                            You don't see DE as a priority need?

Comment

• with Coleman getting away we only have Spears, Canty, and Hatcher at DE. I'd say we need at least one more through FA or draft. Id put it at the bottom of D's list.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
                                with Coleman getting away we only have Spears, Canty, and Hatcher at DE. I'd say we need at least one more through FA or draft. Id put it at the bottom of D's list.
                                Fortunately, the draft is supposed to be deep in defensive ends this year. Hopefully we can pick one up to replace Coleman in the middle rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information