2. Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland
    3. Gabe Hall, OT, Texas Tech
    4. John Beck, QB, BYU
    5. Stanley Doughty, NT, South Car
    6. Jacob Ford, DE/OLB, Central Arkansas
    7. BPA
    7. BPA
    7. BPA
    i see WR as a high possibility due to the fact Jerry is pretty high on watkins and he doesn't value o-line as first round talent. the only other place would be DT...which would be pretty weak at #22 ...if Dwayne Bowe or Jarrett is there jerry might take him...or unless Jarvis moss is there at 22 which isn't likely due to he should be drafted higher and it would be our 3rd straight year of draft an olb r.1 ...it seems very likely at this point.

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!

Comment

• I see us taking a safety at 22 or trading down
      1) safety
      2) offensive lineman (quality Depth)
      3) Defensive end (with only hatcher as real backup)
      4) NT
      5) OLB
      rest of draft BPA
      Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual; 03-08-2007, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        I would puke at that draft.
        I was going to say the same thing, but I know if I said it I would get ripped apart. That draft is horrible, no offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by TNewFan41 View Post
          I was going to say the same thing, but I know if I said it I would get ripped apart. That draft is horrible, no offense.
          what are you talking about hes drafting an offensive player(Bowe) in the first round?!?!?!?!!?

haha....jk. I too think that draft is poop. First day should be:

1. CB/S
          2. DE
          3. WR

this is in the event we sign Colombo.
          Last edited by bigmac076; 03-08-2007, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmac076 View Post
            whaty are you talking about hes drafting an offensive player(Bowe) in the first round?!?!?!?!!?

haha....jk. I too think that draft is poop. First day should be:

1. CB/S
            2. DE
            3. WR

this is in the event we sign Colombo.
            This would be ideal for me. Assuming the value is there, etc.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
            I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• I don't get all the DE talk...If another one is brought in...which I think maybe overdone...I think it needs to be a FA...not sure who is still out there...but we have the youth...hell why draft 3 first day DE's...4 if you count where Canty would have been drafted if not for his injuries. Doesn't make sense to me...have other area's of need.

Comment

• I seem much more concerned about WR than everyone. Owens and Glenn aren't exactly young. We need some young talent, and if we re sign Colmbo and the team is set on Watkins, where else would you go in round 1?

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                  I seem much more concerned about WR than everyone. Owens and Glenn aren't exactly young. We need some young talent, and if we re sign Colmbo and the team is set on Watkins, where else would you go in round 1?
                  Where else? DE-FENSE! DE-FENSE!

What people need to know is that a weak offense can still win with a very strong Defense. On offense, we are all in mercy of one position... The QB.

However, we can overcome the threat of losing our QB if we are very strong on D. Yeah, many of you are concerned about pushing guys out of the starting rotation... Understandable. Yeah, you have high hopes for some of our young guys and wanna give them time... Understandable. I would still be in favor of spending all of our picks on Defense. We would indeed conquer!!!

Comment

• I also agree we should go only defense except one pick for offensive line.

Comment

• agreed here as well, id love to focus the attention of the draft on defense...yes glenn and TO are up there in age, but with crayton, we would only need one other WR to bring in via draft or free agency which can be easily addressed in a yr or 2, but while they are still productive, i feel like our offense is very explosive, top 5 in the league regardless, if our defense can become a force and get production from every area we will be tough to beat...O line and defense and we should win most of those close games

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Well, if we went WR in round 1 (Anyone but Ginn, I just don't think he'll be a great NFL WR. He has 'Troy Williamson' written all over him to me). DB in round 2, and DEF the remainder of the draft. I'd be perfectly happy.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

• I agree LSU, NO GINN!!!!!!!!!

But you don't want even 1 O-Lineman?!?!?!?!
                          Last edited by TNewFan41; 03-09-2007, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• I think we are definately going Safety in round one and than OL.......Wr is not an option, why pay 1st round money to a guy who at best is going to be a 4-5 WR.........................this year. I think Romo has confidence in Hurd and Miles and Crayton...we can always get a #1 in FA.........or trade. RB..no reason to get one. Logically...we are going maybe DL and S or OL.....I pick those as definately in round 1 and 2.

Comment

• OK, if the team sees huge potential in Watkins and think he's our FS, they won't take a safety, and they have shown signs that they really like Watkins. Our line isn't exactly a huge need right now because we're in no need of any starters. Also, let me ask you, what is happening with resigning Crayton? He might not be here next year. How many balls did Austin catch this year? Not one. One run back in January doesn't convince me. And Sam Hurd? He's not a future #1 and a future #1 is a big need as of now because Owens and Glenn are getting old. I think if a guy like Bowe came in, there's a possiblity that he's our #3 guy next year, and our #1 in a few years. If we don't draft one now, we'll be behind in the future. Also, #1 WRs aren't exactly always on the market in FA, and if we have a shot at a great WR in the draft, why not take him? Nelson will be gone. Who do you want? WR makes the most sense to me.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• WR..........round 1

I just think a WR in round 1 is a luxury and I don't think we should go that route. Now if someone is there like Jarrett or Bowe....than it is going to be a tough decision. I just don't want to fall in love with a WR who runs a great 40, but never pans out. WR.....have a high "bust" percentage in round 1. I am not saying that everybody else won't be a bust, but I think Defensive players just produce quickly and you can see rigth away if t hey are going to be good or "busts".

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information